'Reality' Shows - Real or Fake

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Here's the latest one: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Elesh-shouldn-t-be-known-as-my-husband-Rakhi-Sawant/H1-Article1-446152.aspx

We have been coming across huge reality shows on television - just like there is no tomorrow. I have been sincerely following a couple of them.

Some of these reality shows viz. MTV Splitzvilla, Dadagiri, roadies... are really saddening and almost beyond reality... The latest among these was shot in a jungle - which almost looked like a resort to me. My question is should general public relentlessly believe these shows or these are merely making us fall pray to the foolery! They are being watched by the Indian viewers just cos' they are entertaining - despite the indecent language and behaviours being portrayed in it.

Is this a healthy form of entertainment! How realistic are the reality shows?

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

No comments!!!!! - Glad to see that bloggers do not consider these shows worthy enough to even comment! Laughing

dream
dream
from pune
14 years ago

hey neeraj,,

These realty shows are far far away from realty lolssss they are all scripted ..recently met a contestant from the rakhi sawants show and was told each and every thing  was scripted..Even the love letters which these guys wrote...lolssss

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

I knew it... I knew it Laughing

Siddartha
Siddartha
from Vijayawada
14 years ago

Damn!! The reality shows were spoiling the lives of people and also wasting our times with the useless arguments!!! I think these war definately fake. If they are not fake why would it require a director and other script writers.

If Im a leader of this country the first thing I would od is to Ban these Reality Shows. Im not able to watch their overaction. This is Now freely available in alomst 90% of channels. Really Stupid. Yell

Nimmy
Nimmy
from Cochin
14 years ago

:) What surprises me is that majority of people would love to keep watching the show,no matter how fake or stupid it seems to be.. Indians have lot of free time in hand...

Obviously, they are far far from reality.  Just to earn money episode after episodes go on.  And whether one likes or not, viewers are not less.  Rakhi ki swayambar, i would show my disgust and detest with the name Rakhi but my wife would always watch the programme.  That drama and Mujhe is jungle se bahao all these rubbish things that have entered our homes. 

For money Tv channels can go to any extent.   They should be banned as their themes and cultures are not really  Indian.   This Rakhi one created noises when she was shown the way in Big Boss but she created Tamasha in her name.  Bakbas.  And really they have tried to make tv the real Idiot box. 

thanks

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Completely agreed Sudama Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread