The Dirtiest WebSites Of Summer 2009 by Symantec

Siddartha
Siddartha
from Vijayawada
14 years ago

Click.... Click..... Click.... are you Browsing? Are you entering into every website thats coming on your screen? Then be careful, Your details and your systems would be in trouble. They might be hacked. The famous Security company Symantec has created a new report about this issue. It has released a list of 100 Dirtiest WebSites of Summer 2009. The list is created based on the top 100 infected sites based on number of threats detected by Norton Safe Web as of August 2009. Let us check how we are going to be affected if we browse these sites? The 'dirtiest' 100 websites have an average of 18,000 threats, with 40 of them each exceeding 20,000, according to security vendor Symantec. Norton Safe Web analyzes sites using signature-based file scanning, intrusion detectionengines, behavioral detection and install/uninstall analysis to identify security risks including phishing sites, malicious downloads, browser exploits and links to unsafe external sites. In other words – dirty stuff you don’t want on your computer! For more information visit GadgetCage

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Siddartha
Siddartha
from Vijayawada
14 years ago

This is Tech stuff Dudes!!!

Waiting for your response Cool

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

I've been getting a lot of warnings lately - partly due to the recent Firefox upgrade. Also, my Kaspersky warns me whenever there's malware detected on a page. A couple of members of the IndiBlogger team are security experts - will get them to give their views. Smile

Siddartha
from Vijayawada
14 years ago

Yea if you use this application you may now get your own result of the page without depending on the others Laughing

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Actually I've been getting those warning messages quite a lot lately. Even sites like http://www.bacardi.co.in/ are immediately coming up with warning. My Symantec keeps poping up with quarntine messages and blocked messages quite often when I browse.

Actually it takes a hell lot of education to be done to various companies to make them understand why they have to secure their websites. They being negligent affects them and the other site users like us too.

But security initiatives in India is still a niche and it will take some time to become a practise.

Siddartha
from Vijayawada
14 years ago

Yes Zeon, I accept you comment. We need to preactise these terms a lot.

Siddartha
Siddartha
from Vijayawada
14 years ago

Yes anwin bro, you are right. But How can they detect the virus initially without it's presence. If you consider google chrome now, it will warn you every time when you start a download whether to save the file or to discard it since it is containing some of the warnings. Then you can check that page with the anti-virus scans or the application like these.

But the idea is right to detect the viruses of the sites initially. Thnx bro :)Cool

Pratik
Pratik
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Many of them still serves Google Adsense.. Smile

Siddartha
from Vijayawada
14 years ago

Yea dude!! you are right.. I accept it. But google jst checks whether the content is unique or not but they are least bothered about the the worms and etcc that the sites were intended to damage ....Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread