Express your current "INDIVINE" Experience - Improvements & Shortfalls

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Hi, blogger friends!

I've been quite enticed by this current "Indivine" format, which happens to be an exciting idea. Nevertheless, I feel that there's always room for improvement in this format too. What's your experience been? And what steps do you suggest towards improvement? If you feel satisfied and contented or otherwise, please, share the whys with Us, here...

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: Inscrutable
1-20
21-27
Replies 1 to 20 of 27 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey Shrinath... good topic!

We got a suggestion that we open up some form of voting to non-bloggers... perhaps we let people vote with guest accounts, but give more value to votes from IndiBloggers?

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

And... Finally, I've discovered the Founder of Indiblogger, here. Laughing

Great revelation about the man behind the burgeoning revolution in the Indian blogging scene, Renie! Fabulous to have run into you!!!

And, of course, the suggestion that you've received (or have yourself come out withWink) is promising enough to be applied, as it would help attract more visitors to Indiblogger and the networked blogs, herein, and would thereby register more new bloggers and votes, to boot.

Apart from that, how about adding a couple of missing categories as recently suggested by Vipul Grover? One such category flashing in my mind is - "History" under "Nation & Politics" and "Motivation" under "Business" or "Lifestyles"...

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

You give me and the team too much credit - we just do what the community tells us to do! Smile

Yep, History needs to be added..  should Motivation be changed to "Self Help" to accomodate more topics under the same?

How about changing "crimes against women" under social to "gender issues"?

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

Searching Indivine Posts:

1. Like we have "My posts" we should also have "His/Her Indivine Posts" when we view a particular profile. This will help us to read the most popular post of the user.
  2. And since we give tags to Indivine Posts there should be ways to search Indivine Posts though the tag cloud.
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Yep, the profile pages on IndiVine need to be done up - one of the things coming up very shortly in our to-do list!

Tag clouds will be up soon - actually we were waiting for enough posts, I'm sure we have enough now! Smile

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

Cool!

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Fine, Renie ! So, kudos to you and the Indiblogger team for the knack of understanding the community well ! Smile

I mean, I mean it that you'll truly mean business in taking care of the community and that's what's paying the juicy portal. Good going, indeed !

AND, yes ! "Self Help" would indeed be an optimum selection for the purpose !

theishu
theishu
from Washington DC
14 years ago

Excellent topic and suggestions too.

I, for one, am unable to provide any suggestions at this point, but I do have some feedback I could share to keep the ball rolling.

I host my blog on wordpress, which provides stats reports and I find that there isn't really much traffic from the indivine postings. Maybe this is a one-off case, but perhaps there are more / other / better experiences than this.

Glad to contribute,

http://theishu.wordpress.com

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Well, thanks for partaking, theishu !

I'm sure, the Indiblogger team would be in a better position to answer that for you, something that I'm awating, too.

I can, at best, surmise that may be it depends upon the frequency of one's participation in promoting others' posts since that's something which instigates reciprocation converting into traffic for one's site... Well, may be !

Looking forward to hearing more from you...

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

U r right there shrinath, its vry impotnt 2 participate urslf 2 xpct reslts frm any community platform.

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Well, Bulls eye !!!

Thanks for seconding my dutiful guess, Vipul and also for dropping by and contributing to the topic, pretty constructively, indeed !

I suppose, most of our fellow members, here, are quite content with the current goings on, since we are being made to wait pretty long for further suggestions, here.

Come on, Buddies ! "Ye dil maange more..." !! "Thoda aur wish karo... Suggest karo..." !!! LaughingWink

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

An observation - there are more people submitting than voting! Frown We need to give incentives for voting - we're working on it!

Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

That's right ! It's the typical Indian temperament to be a bit stingy when it comes to 'voting' either in elections or in promotions, as most folks harbour a desire to 'be promoted' before 'promoting'. Cool This reminds me of the story of 4 people - "EVERYBODY, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY and NOBODY" that I've narrated in one of my submitted posts...

Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

@Renie

I posted this suggestion in another thread but the thread died down and i guess you didnt see it. So im posting once again.

i saw this feature on another blog traffic improvement site, wherein every account gets points for any activity conducted on the site.

Similarily, we can have something on similar lines on indiblogger. Here is how it will work:

1) for every movie reviewed, the person gets some points

2) for every indivine vote, the person recieves points.

3) for every indiblogger of the month vote, the person recieves points

and so and on so forth. So thus for every activity, there is different weightage and different points are awarded. The persons with top points, get their blogs advertised either on some other sites or on the indiblogger home page itself. In order to avoid early members from getting a headstart, the points should be reset to zero every month or two. this would bring about more activity on the forum. The only thing to watch out for is that people dont post spam in order to generate more points.

Hindi Cinema Blog
from Europe
14 years ago

Hi Renie, I know this is an old topic (and a great one too Shrinath) but I was wondering, is there any way I can see a particular blogger's Indivine posts? I am reading an Indiblogger blog and want to vote for its posts but there is no way I can find these posts in Indivine easily unless I have a mutual connection with the blogger and ask him/her directly for the link, or is there something I have not understood? Keep up the great work.

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Indivine is a very good initiative. I like the features it provides. I am not aware of the previous version of Indivine and the limitations it had but, the current one is what provides most of the good features! Any other improvements would be an added advantage!

Good Job Renie and Team.

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

I have seen that some good posts don't get noticed because the no. of new posts are very high. So , I would suggest that there should be one Random sorting also done. It won't solve the problem, but increase the visibility.

@ngshu
@ngshu
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Hi,

Kudos to the team - IndiVine is a gr8 initiative.

But as u know even the bests can improve. So...

I submitted some posts to IndiVIne - but did not check the category while submitting - and as a result they are currently under wrong category - BUT I'm not being able to edit the category. Neither I can delete the old post or create a new one (duplicate error!).

I suggest -

* Keep an option so that people can edit the category in case it is wrong initially

* If that is not possible - keep an option to delete old post and create a new one

Thanks,

Angshu

http://the-next-marketing-guru.blogspot.com/

@ngshu
@ngshu
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Hi, Kudos to the team - IndiVine is a gr8 initiative. But as u know even the bests can improve. So...

I submitted some posts to IndiVIne - but did not check the category while submitting - and as a result they are currently under wrong category - BUT I'm not being able to edit the category. Neither I can delete the old post or create a new one (duplicate error!).

I suggest - * Keep an option so that people can edit the category in case it is wrong initially * If that is not possible - keep an option to delete old post and create a new one

Thanks, Angshu

http://the-next-marketing-guru.blogspot.com/

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Well, a couple of technical issues have been reported, here. You are right, Angshu! These bugs have to be soon taken care of as we also need to be more scrupulous while submitting our posts. One of the members recently told me that in a bid to 'compete', he ended up miscategorising and mis-spelling a few vital posts of his. Well...

And Renie, we've been awaiting the changes as you have assured us for quite a while now. How about pushing a bit? Especially the one that Pramathesh has suggested about including a "His/Her Post" tab...

BTW, Here's wishing all of you a VERY HAPPY NAVRATRA!!! Smile JAI MA DURGA!!!

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Pramathesh's suggestion is closely related to the reciprocation factor that helps register increased voting, Renie! Hence, I suppose, it ought to be implemented, right away.

Tall Guy
Tall Guy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I would like to suggest changes in the way IndiVine works.   Here is what I think that should be done:

The IndiVine needs to be restricted to a "time line" so that the voting of popular posts takes place within that time line which would allow fellow bloggers to go through the content and then vote on the same (In the current scenario, I don’t think the long thread of posts makes anyone go through the thread to read each and every posts and vote).

Let the time line be restricted to a week and after that it should be archived in weeks, months and year thereby generating a good list of popular posts in different categories every week.

The popular posts (Top 3 or 5)  should be highlighted on the site at one given day (For e.g., if the week for submitting post link starts from Mon to Sun, then Mon should be the day to highlight the previous week popular posts) and maybe an email could be send to fellow bloggers informing the same.

The top three or five posts should be picked on the number of posts links that were submitted i.e., if the post links submitted under one category is less than 10-15 then top 3 post should be highlighted and if its more than 10-15 post links then top 5 should be highlighted.

This will enable the bloggers to explore new blogs and content.

In the current form of IndiVine, only a handful of bloggers are getting voted while the rest have no votes at all, the above suggestions would tackle this situation giving everyone a fair chance.

What do you guys think??

Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Well, that sound like a great idea, Survivor! The "time line" stuff sounds really cool and I truly believe that the same followed by archiving is also going to help the voting issue addressed, at large.

I suggest this be slightly simplified and implemented soon.

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

By the way, how about associating an eligibility criterion for submitting posts?

I mean, an arrangement wherein one can only submit a new post after he/she has voted for at least 5 new posts i.e. 5 votes = 1 new post submission and so on and so forth...

I suppose this simple and easy to effect method would surely ease up the entire Indivine ambiance and also logically help one and all quite justifiably. :))

What say, Buddies? Aren't we able to go ahead from here, now, Renie...!? Cool

Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Hey, guys! You haven't seen my latest suggestion, it seems... Come on, let me know if that sounds good. I think we are on the verge of solving it out, now. :)

Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Well, alright!

I'm on the countdown to see just how long it takes for Renie, at least, to take note of this and respond... YellWinkCoolLaughing

Have a great weekend everybody, by the way!!! :)

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Renie's still busy... I'm witing devoutly... Cool

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Renie's still busy... I'm still waiting devoutly... Cool

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Well, now, after all this, I reckon the biggest problem with Indivine is that there's a great deal of discourse on 'forum' by way of multifarious topics about how and what to improve/change in the same, BUT no action of implementation understood, promised or realized yet seems to be in the offing. It seems that the Indiblogger team is quite complacent with the current format, positively speaking, as after all, it's working, nevertheless.

Hence, ceasing to simply keep the ball rolling and killing time, I admit that the current format of Indivine is a gem of good format and is simply fantastic superlatively, without any qualms and, in fact, there is no need to bring about any changes in it, whatsoever.

It would fetch a much larger quantum of dividend for all of us to concentrate on blogging our hearts out rather than trying to meddle with the team's affairs.

In a nutshell, I fathom with rank clarity that it's a Hobson's choice, here! WinkCool

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Well, now, after all this, I reckon the biggest problem with Indivine is that there's a great deal of discourse on 'forum' by way of multifarious topics about how and what to improve/change in the same, BUT no action of implementation understood, promised or realized yet seems to be in the offing. It seems that the Indiblogger team is quite complacent with the current format, positively speaking, as after all, it's working, nevertheless.

Hence, ceasing to simply keep the ball rolling and killing time, I admit that the current format of Indivine is a gem of good format and is simply fantastic superlatively, without any qualms and, in fact, there is no need to bring about any changes in it, whatsoever.

It would fetch a much larger quantum of dividend for all of us to concentrate on blogging our hearts out rather than trying to meddle with the team's affairs.

In a nutshell, I fathom with rank clarity that it's a Hobson's choice, here! WinkCool

1-20
21-27
LockSign in to reply to this thread