No blog readers in Russia - Why? How to improve traffic there???

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hi,

I have a peculiar issue with my blog. I do not have read hits in Russia. Why is there minimal reading from Russia. How do we market our blogs in Russia? Is there any language issue and do our transalators(Babel etc) work well.

Does anyone know a blogger in Russia whom we can mail and clear doubts with???

Cheers,

Anitha

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Anitha : A very unique question.. I started wondering the same myself.. I found an arcticle with a number of comments from russian bloggers.. am not sure if it will answer your question but it should shed some light..

http://profy.com/2008/08/12/russian-bloggers-as-powerful-as-russian-hackers/

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

On another thought an active promotion .. mailing them.. commenting on their blogs .. basically showing that you are interested in them before they show interest in you..

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
15 years ago

Thank U Anoop. I can make a headstart with the link u have given.

Cheers,

Anitha

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@Anitha : Glad that helped

@ Anwin ; thats a good link!

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Anwin - Thank U. I shall surely check that site. No, i have not heard of this blog before.

Cheers,

Anitha

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

IndiBlogger had only 17 visits from Russia this month - the same as Norway, and compare the size of the 2 countries!

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

True. I don't have any Russian readers. 

@Anwin - Yes, Englishrussia is really a nice blog. I follow it regularly. 

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Today, of a total of 12 million users on LiveJournal, some 700,000 post in Cyrillic, making them second only to English speakers.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/02/27/opinion/edartun.php

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Renie - I read the article in Herald Tribune. It was very informative. We seem to be innocent bloggers. Looks like a lot of money and crookedness is involved in the blogs mentioned in the article. Hope such negativeness does not creep into Indi Blogging too.

As of Cyrillic - we need to check out if Babel translator or any other translator can translate our blogs to that version. But, hope we are not inviting trouble.

We need to check out how we can improve traffic in other areas of the world such as Russia and Norway.

Cheers,

Anitha

LockSign in to reply to this thread