Is Death so cheap?? My conversation with someone who 'shared' death

Jal
Jal
from Valsad
14 years ago

Hello all, I am not sure if this is allowed here or not but I feel this is the best place to discuss such content. I am really in a very sad state of mind as I have seen something so disheartening due to my mere curiosity of watching it. A friend of mine shared a video on a popular networking site and I saw it. It was a suicide video and very very awful. Something beyond condemn. I had a discussion with him which was very rude... Have we crossed all limits of pervertness that we share such videos online?? How can a human being 'enjoy' the death of someone of its own kind and even records it to show the world. This is different than seeing people getting killed in accidents, floods, etc. More of this is on my blog post and I want you to spare 3 minutes to read it and judge yourself...

[Warning: The content may seem offending to some people because very strong language have been used. Discretion is advised]

Conversation between Me and a person trying to ‘share’ human death

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Shree Venkatram
Shree Venkatram
from Delhi
14 years ago

I agree with you. We should know where to draw a line. I am really amazed at the amount of gruesome clips doing the rounds. Some of the video games are very gruesome. I just can't imagine how some people think shooting down someone or running a car over someone is a game!   

Jal
Jal
from Valsad
14 years ago

Yes. true. This ever growing pervertness in the virtual world should be highly condemned.. People live a two faceted identity.. After their day's work, at night, a devil starts lurking in them and they do such 'dark' acts. 

tys
tys
from Sharjah
14 years ago

hmmm...i dont know...i agree with u...but i once saw this video of the Daniel Pearl beheading ...cudnt complete it becoz I got sick...wht iam trying to say is, where has there ever been respect for human life?...our newspaper, media, news channels, internet, novels, books, movies..everything shows killings and death...there are several videos Iam sure of the execution by the electric chair...isnt that killing?...isnt that also murder, even when we cloak it in our morality and laws?...

question is wud I do it?...probably not...i dont find it entertaining ...but some do pal...there are among us people who dwell in the morbid...i have seen here an accident where the car was on fire and there was this whole bunch of people standing around recording the rescue on the mobile cameras...man, there are people who cant have sex without a damn camera in their hand...thats just the way it is..

Jal
Jal
from Valsad
14 years ago

I strongly agree with 'tys' that people are losing morality and ethics. I mean they feel no difference between pervertness and excitement. Jumping off a cliff, sky diving, etc have excitement factor to it. Even though ppl end up with broken legs, deep wounds, etc.. still this is bearable.. because such damage is repairable... whereas here the person is getting killed... the span of the 2 minute video shows life being taken away from the body... this transition... this is really bad. I dont mind seeing videos of dead bodies, or ppl dying from natural calamities.. We feel sad for them but this is something beyond sadness. Its gross, its pathetic, the act of recording it and sharing it is uncomparable to any sin...

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago
Its all in all sick. There are websites that tell young people, even kids, how to do a suicide!

LockSign in to reply to this thread