The Joy Of Giving Week!

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

India is going to observe September 27 to October 3, Joy of Giving Week. The Joy of Giving Week is the beginning of a national movement. The first of its kind for India, and for every single Indian.

What does giving really mean to you? What are your ideas about giving and donating? What is the biggest donation you have ever made?

Read my latest blog-post about my thoughts about the true joy of giving!

Visit this website to know more about the event!

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Thanks Parv!

I am getting some interesting references to some NGOs on my blog post on this topic.

Rahul Anand who is associated with an NGO named Udayan, says that they are also participating in this event.

Shahid Mukadam has added,

those in Pune must talk to an NGO called Akanksha....It is one of the better NGO's i had a chance to interact with just by the sheer scale of their work....http://www.akanksha.org/

Let us continue spreading the Joy...

Prasant Naidu
from Pune
14 years ago

Cheers Neerav :)

Prasant Naidu
from Pune
14 years ago

Sorry it should have been Neeraj. Good work dude.

Pallavi Mittra
Pallavi Mittra
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Hey Neeraj!

Loved your post titled The True Joy of Giving.

You have rightly mentioned that spreading joy is not the least restricted to monetary donations, its about giving your soul to the cause.

We must have commonly heard people say that small deeds of love and compassion are a great source of joy but nonetheless it is also the most neglected truth.

While travelling in a crowded bus or local, in stead of being happy about getting a seat  or trying to grab a seat for ourself, lets offer our place to someone(be it aged, be it a female or just anyone) . This gesture would voice that we recognise the other person's pain and are willing to help.

Everything we do and say are expressive of our convictions.If the The Joy of Giving Week wishes to inspire this feeling of doing good lets be more alive and show that we do care.

Happy Living!

Pallavi Mittra.

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Glad to read your thoughts on this Pallavi! You have just cracked the jist of this! It's just you who is gonna make all the difference. Let's be the change ourselves that we have dreamt of! It's only then when the world will realize the benefits!

A Goodwill presented to someone, will come back to you someday or the other. Patience is the key. Nothing goes a waste and nothing exists without a reason!

Keep up the spirit!

Regards,

Neeraj Shinde

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Look at how people from various part of the society are going to participate in this event:

Sachin Tendulkar will auction a cricket coaching camp for charity.

The autorickshaw unions will conduct annadaanam camps.

101 film-makers will make short films on how people are giving.

Five-star hotels of Chennai will unitedly host a lavish Battle of Buffets fundraising dinner to benefit all Chennai's NGOs

So far, more than 35,000 schools, hundreds of colleges, several state governments, corporates, celebrities and sportspersons have signed up.

Citizens will run together at city marathons to generate cash and community feeling.

Many more to add...

Happy Giving!

Pallavi Mittra
Pallavi Mittra
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Hey Neeraj !

Çan't agree more with your ideals.

Glad to have found you here.

Happy Living and Loving!

Cheers!

Pallavi.

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

The Joy of Giving Week starts today!

http://shindeneeraj.blogspot.com/2009/09/true-joy-of-giving.html I had read your post some days ago and had commented on the same.  Dont you think as per you we should rather inch towards showing people to learn fishing?  This thread and your post dont agree friend.  We can easily give a fish but cannot easily ask people learn the art of fishing.  If that is not the case why India is celebrating sucha week?  it is really, really very difficult to let people learn the art of fishing.  The chinese proverb is meant to say a good thing as the reality is different. 

I usually belive in giving as i am not able to do the other thing.  I give and forget. 

Thanks

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Sudhama - Difficult! So it is. You give and forget - that must not be the end of it. Certainly, you won't be happy to see the same beggar today, to whom you gave a rupee yesterday. This is definitely not a far-sighted giving. I am not sure if you had read my post completely or not but I have mentioned certain ways to achieve fruitful giving - education is something that can change lives. Sponsering a child's education etc. - I do not think it is such a difficult thing for a willing soul!

Pallavi Mittra
Pallavi Mittra
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Dear Nicole,

Its really wonderful to hear about Project 5.

Not all are able to take their call and congratulations for not being one of them.

Also sharing these issues on such a platform helps immensely as people come to know

that doing something for others (which we popularly call 'social service') is not a rocket

science. Its something each one of us can do in one's own special way.

I will really appreciate if you could tell me how exactly you go about Project 5.

Wish you all a meaningful living.

Pallavi.

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Yes Nicole, appreciate if you could please share some more details on Project 5.

Pallavi Mittra
Pallavi Mittra
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Dear Nicole,

Yoyu really do a great job.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Iam sure it will give me and several others who are empathetic to the needs of others a way.

All the very best to you!Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread