Google Analytics Challenging Questions To Seo Expert ?

syed alaudeen
syed alaudeen
from chennai
15 years ago

Challenging Questions To Seo Expert In Google Analytics .please answer your question in blog comment or mail me .

Question For you , please click a link below

http://syed-resume.blogspot.com/2009/01/challenging-questions-to-seo-expert.html

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Eklavya
Eklavya
from Delhi
15 years ago

I could not understand you question on that page. Would you please care to be more grammatically corrrect in your quetions ?

If your question is :

You want to prevent Google from indexing and ranking your site/blog for some unwanted keywords then you can do this by instructing the Google spider not to index those pages in the file robots.txt.

However, in today's SEO world people want to get rank for as many keywords (even unleated) as they can.  These longtail keywords have become an important part of SEO stratgy. Just wondering what kind of clients are you dealing with who just want only tagetted visits when there is very possibility of potential customers from untargetted search terms.

syed alaudeen
syed alaudeen
from chennai
15 years ago

Hi  sorry for english ,

i like to avoid a more " top exite " vistor  for my page .    i use a content  "laptop services in india"  for one page but i like to target a music site . due to less competion for "laptop services in india" google give a more important to that content  . let me how to avoid a that keyword hits for marketing ( top exit page vistor for that keyword  ) . without modifying a content .

for u r answer .if u control from robots.txt for that page mean we cannot able to get a market for that page . i like to market that  page too .

Waiting for u r response

Eklavya
Eklavya
from Delhi
15 years ago

Well the best solution would be to remove that page all together as :

(i) It is not related to your main topic (music)

(ii) Attracting a useless inflow of visitors who just exist from that page.

(iii) Your clients assume that it is unnecessary traffic resulting in an unreliable traffic report.

However, you say that you do not want to remove that page and still market it. You also want this page to not to  become the top exit page in your site stats.

I think you are creating some unnecessary tasks for your site by insisitng on keeping this page.  But as you are not ready to remove this page, in my opinion you should :

(1) Add lots of music related unique content to your website.

(2) Do some twaeking of that Laptop page and Change some important SEO feature in it so as to make it less attractive for Search Engines.  Either change its Title to a plain, not in demand keyword phrase. Omit some Header Tags from it. In short do a Search Engine Deoptimization of that page. This way the page wil loose  some of its importance for Search Engines. This way it'll attract less visitors than what it is doing now.

(3) Further as you add more unique content about music, slowly these pages will start coming in the search engines and after a few months, a page from musci content will become the top exist page.

(4) You are also required to get involved in some link building campaign for your music pages so as to improve their perceived rankings in Google.

A combination of above steps will ensure your desired result.  however, I still feel that it is like taking a long road when you have the shortcut available. In any case it's your choice. Embarassed

LockSign in to reply to this thread