Does WordPress restrict advertising and monetization of blogs?

Roohani Deshpande
Roohani Deshpande
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Please provide information about this if ur aware, thanks.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
pundit
pundit
from Oslo
14 years ago

Are you referring to WordPress.com (the site that hosts WordPress blogs), or a stand-alone blog powered by WordPress (the piece of software)?

In the first case, the answer to your question is: Yes, they restrict advertising and monetisation of blogs because they don't allow you to change the HTML code your blog generates.

In the second case, the answer to your question is: No, WordPress is open source and they don't restrict your use of it in any way.

Roohani Deshpande
from New Delhi
14 years ago

I'm referring to WordPress.com which hosts blogs (example.wordpress.com) 

I think that comes under the first case, thanks :)

leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

No ads

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago
Its the reason why most of the newbies create their blogs with Blogger, though its not as refined (its my opinion).
Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Blogging on wordpress.com is not allowed for any commercial purpose. As such, advertising or monetization is prohibited. This holds true even if you point the domain name to your own website with some additional charges. However, if you have your own domain, you can download the the wordpress software & have full control over your blog. I have done this on my blog.

Roy Daniel DSilva
Roy Daniel DSilva
from Mumbai
14 years ago

WordPress rocks. Even Without the Ads It's Rocks. And Word Press on Hosting Trembles Sass

LockSign in to reply to this thread