Why not Create a Blog Ring among Indibloggers !

Kabeeranban
Kabeeranban
from Mysore
15 years ago

With more than 6000 bloggers having enrolled with Indi bloggers even if one visits 5 blogs a day it will take 1200 days to complete one cycle. Hopefully if only 30 % are active bloggers, still it would take one full year to complete a cycle !! Active bloggers need active readers and feed backs. Ranking at Delicious depend on the number of bloggers who give feed backs (not by repeated feedbacks from same bloggers). It is possible that number of Indian bloggers can make it to better Delicious ranks if only we show a concerted effort in reaching,reading & providing feed backs.Indi Bloggers has a good network to achieve this.Let me come to the point. At Indibloggers we may provide a choice of employing a Blog Ring template to all members which would help bloggers to reach different blogs in a swift. This will save trouble of searching among the list of bloggers from the directory.I found out a site alt-webring which enables and supports creating free Rings based on any theme. I have just created four rings for Tamil bloggers and is in the process of spreading the word. The categories are Spiritual, Music, Literature and Assorted. The Logo employed is a humming bird which goes hunting for the nectar, non stop. See it at the link given.A similar categorisation can be done in English blogs too employing Indiblogger logo. I removed the "previous" and "Next" links from the template and renamed the "Random" as "Next". This will enable the visitor to visit at random any other blog under the same category. This improves the chances of  visitors for bloggers  who are not good in socializing (in forums)  yet having substance in content.If my help is required in implementation I am at your serivce  :))

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

@Kabeeranban - I like the way you have thought through it. I'm still not sure how blog ring will work for indiblogger, because webring again kind'a works like a directory of communities right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

But I do like the concept of being able to check random blogs the way you have explained.

Let me tell you guys... Renie is working on something big to address exactly these factors. When its out I'm sure you guys will love it.

Kabeeranban
Kabeeranban
from Mysore
15 years ago

Thanks Zeon and Sriharsha,

The Blog Ring with themes certainly works.  It greatly simplifies navigation among blogs  grouped under different themes.  This I say  from my experience.

In Indibloggers' exclusive rings also we may launch the themes one by one with due announcements in the Forum.

To keep it to members of Indibloggers the site ID to be used while registering the blog should be of their Indiblogger ID.

Where is Renie ?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Renie is here! @Kabeeranban this idea has lots of promise! Let me do a bit of research on the links you've posted and web rings in general and get back... the last time I used a web ring was back when blogs were gaudy looking webpages created on geocities.com. Smile

Kabeeranban
Kabeeranban
from Mysore
15 years ago

What Dinesh is looking for a Navigation tool that helps through moving among sites of specific interest.

I have created a sample picture of how a Photographic-ring may look like using Indiblogger logo.  see a sample here

http://srlatha.googlepages.com/sampleindi.PNG

Next step, if everyone likes the idea including Renie, breath life in to it and make it dynamic.

All that Renie has to do is open an account  at any of the  Ring Hosting sites like  "alt-webring" and put the html code there for anyone to join the ring.

If you wish to see a dynamic one  Click this link and see the Humming Bird

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Ah... I see what you mean now. Nice. I saw the humming bird as well.

Pratibha
Pratibha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

i liked the idea :) too good !!

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

The html code.. So we can customize it as well?

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Not quite sure how this blog ring works. But I am game. Bring it on!

Kabeeranban
Kabeeranban
from Mysore
15 years ago

After seeing your enthusiasm I decided to try out a sample ring. It may not be the ideal way, yet you may understand the problem through the thought process I had.

To start a Blog Ring we need to categorize different themes like Poetry, Fine Arts, Current affairs,Literature, spirituality etc.

There is no point in starting a ring without a theme as readers will be at a loss to understand the need to follow the Ring.

Hence I have a suggestion.

This Ring will connect to Best Post of the every blogger. Who will decide which post is the Best ?

Why the Blogger himself! Yes. You select one post of yours which you consider Best written and link it to the Ring.

The advantage is that it gives new visitors a nice introduction to your ability,creativity and what not. Even if your post is more than two year old, still you can link it through the ring "Best of Mine" and show case it.

The visitors if impressed may read other posts of your blog. If it is not of the theme they are looking for,they may further move on in the Ring. If impressed, they may book mark your blog or add it to Google Reader or Blog Line etc for regular follow up Curious to know more ? Click Here    if the link fails try this:  http://bloggerring.wordpress.com/

I have made my site as the first member in the ring to demonstrate the Navigation code.

see it and give your comments.  http://adworldaroundus.blogspot.com

LockSign in to reply to this thread