What made you start BLOGGING.... :) ???

Varun Ramakrishnan
Varun Ramakrishnan
from Chennai
14 years ago

every one of us have some sort of unique reason to have started blogging.... and for some they may not even know when and why...but still, every one of you would atleast remember the incidents that circumstantially led you to the world of blogging.... lets share that here.... :) ......

1-20
21-26
Replies 1 to 20 of 26 Descending
Raghu V N
Raghu V N
from Thrissur
14 years ago

Blogging is a great method of information sharing... I began blogging when I want to express my views to others.

Charan
Charan
from Chennai
14 years ago
  1. I always wanted to document my thoughts, whatever and whenever I felt like.
  2. I wanted to maintain a personal diary.

Honestly I don't remember when was the last time I wrote something on paper when I wanted to for any of the two things stated above. Also with the thought of with what I am interacting most of time and internet having become cheaper than paper by all means say cost, portability of our content, here I am blogging...!!!

Varun Ramakrishnan
Varun Ramakrishnan
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hi Raghu ....

ya u r rite... and especially when theres no one to listen... a blog can be real gud let out........

happy blogging

Varun Ramakrishnan
Varun Ramakrishnan
from Chennai
14 years ago

@ Charan : ya..... all notepads have been replaced by 'speech to text' tools.... with mobile blogging... and voice blogging on the cards.....

a personal yet public diary.... hmmm

Pooja Doshi
Pooja Doshi
from Mumbai
14 years ago

To say all that I can't say out loud.

Charan
from Chennai
14 years ago

Its ironical to hear you shy away from telling why you blog, but blog boldly Surprised !!!

Varun Ramakrishnan
Varun Ramakrishnan
from Chennai
14 years ago

@shrikirshna :  ya friends and random blogs are great inspirations......

@Pooja : a blog is just awesome rite.... it echoes our loud thots and views forever......

Kriti Khurana
Kriti Khurana
from Ludhiana
14 years ago

I always had alot to say and i tried to start blogging numerous times but was unsuccessful due to lack of any sort of commitment on my part. Then i met this guy who i liked. He blogged. In order to have conversation topics with him, even i became a regular...forgot the guy in a month. Sticked to blogging. Its better than anything...Laughing

So basically i always had inspiration, lacked commitment...a LOL Story. I know...and i didn't even make it up

Charan
from Chennai
14 years ago

Nice.....u made it up r not.......definitely some sort of this-age movie storyline material....!

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
14 years ago

I love writing about me and life...thats what made me a blogger.

Once i started, i got hooked to it....not to say the benefits.....its just awesome.

Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I think for me it was a platform to air my thought/views/opinions & also get feedback on the same.

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
14 years ago

The idea of having it all on the www which you can refer back and see....was also a trigerring factor..

I often go back to my earlier posts to see what all i was going through back at some point of time..and it feels nice...memoirs.penned down...online...

Varun Ramakrishnan
Varun Ramakrishnan
from Chennai
14 years ago

@ Charan : ... haha ... ya I was waiting for some kind of activity here before I actually tell why I blog

..... for me it was coz... the ppl to whom I wanted to tell things werent listening...... tried hard.... they initially liked me telling anything and evrything under the sun...... then ... it got boring I suppose.... so I started this....

WHY TO NAME IT

Even now its more for them to read....... although it is ignored more than often....

other fellow bloggers have been a great source of inspirations ---

kind of a Soliloquy. and a backup for all my thoughts and wants.

Varun Ramakrishnan
Varun Ramakrishnan
from Chennai
14 years ago

@ Kriti : yaaaa that was  A MEGA LOLLLLL storyyyy.....(true story) ... I pity the guy...

@ Garf : ya a google search leading to our blog can be a great booster ......

@ Magali : yes the power of feedback makes this blogging more attractive....

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
14 years ago

Let me add something else too....i have felt that blogging changes me as a person...i somehow feel like beingtrue to myself....it refines my thought, makes me look at things from a different angle and sometimes soothes me....."the B effect" ..thats what i often call it....anyone else feels this way?

Charan
from Chennai
14 years ago

@Garf - Same feelings, however sometimes I tend to feel its just me all alone having felt this way.

Parth J Dave
Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I started The Indian World  blog with just a nice speech I had with me. I had given a speech on India for my 10th standard oral exams and that speech has now been converted into a post - India Revisited.

After I posted this speech, I soon discovered an urge to voice my opinions about the various aspects of our nation...And thus, I started with blogging..

Infact, now, I have even completed my 100th post..so it's a great achievement for me as a young blogger..!

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
14 years ago

@parth: WOW...100th post...impressive. I am waiting for mine..mine is more than 20 posts away...nez...congrats !!!

Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thank you so much, Garf! I wish you all the best.. Smile

Kriti Khurana
Kriti Khurana
from Ludhiana
14 years ago

@charan: It will make a very beaten movie story though. But since it is so typical it makes a nice story out of my life.

Everyone blogs for the very same reasons i think. It is all about expression. The thing i like about using words as a medium is that it is left to the interpretation of the reader. We absorb what we can experience.

PEEYUSH
from lucknow
14 years ago

hey kriti...ur thoughts r awesome and so ur blog........ http://drugtreatme.blogspot.com/

Charan
Charan
from Chennai
14 years ago

@Kirti - Another important thing which I would like to add to the happiness that we get out of expressing ourself is the critical feedback that may open doors for us to learn and improvise in what we publish.

Amrit Bharadwaj
Amrit Bharadwaj
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Honestly, I started blogging because I was writing articles and poems in English and Hindi and wanted to try a bigger platform like Books and Magazines but think I felt it is difficult to get them printed so tried my hand at blogging. It feeds my thirst of getting my writing skills presented to the world to watch and also I get satisfaction that I am doing something productive.

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
14 years ago

@Amrit: That is cool. I know many who are into the same lanes as of yours. It surprises me that while so many out there write so good, it always is hard to get a proper platform.

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

One of passions right from college days was travelling. After each travel I used to meticulously write down the details of these travels in my diary. I was not a day to day diary writer, but the travels made me write.

Once I got hold of a computer, these writings slowly started happening in word files with related images, which would not be possible in a hand written diary.

I had started blogging three years back, but at that time I intended to open up my mind on various other issues. But since I did not have nothing to write in those lines there was not a single blog post. Somehow blogging about my travels did not occur in my mind.

Ever since I started updating the blog with travel diaries, posting became a routine affair and my travel experience will be deemed over only after it appears in my blog post.

Blogging should be about something which you have a natural passion for, otherwise it is sure to die down and one will be searching hard to find subjects to post.

1-20
21-26
LockSign in to reply to this thread