Easy Social Media Tips For Your Blog

Anshul Tewari
Anshul Tewari
from Noida
14 years ago

Hi guys! Today I would like to post about a topic that has often confused me and made me pull my hair. But after 2 years of blogging and rigorous online marketing I can say that I am experienced enough to let you guys know of a simple social media plan (with time committments). I will be focussing primarily on the main Social Media tools and networks for promotion and branding.

1. Facebook: Unless you have been living under a rock, you probably already promote your blog through facebook. Facebook is THE social media tool used by every blogger who has been blogging for over 2-3 months.  Facebook is one of the best ways to connect to friends and network with professionals. Thus pitching your blog at Facebook would be the best possible way of promoting your brain child.Begin with a facebook fan page an invite all your friends. Make sure that your facebook page is professional looking and has a logo of your blog (and not your photo) as the display image. (If you do not have a logo for your blog then get a free one as soon as possible from logogenerator.com. Make sure to add custom messages every day (preferably questions related to your service, product, niche, blog) so as to have a better fan engagement. Persuade your existing fans to invite more people to join. Engage yourself with fans. Half an hour to 1 hour daily should be enough.
  2. Twitter: Twitter is probably the best place to find traffic to your blog. My blog receives 30% of its traffic from Twitter and I have met the best of writers for guest posts, (35 out of 50 guest posts on my blog have been by twitter followers). Not only that, effective use of hash (#) tags, questions, following the right kind of people (niche) and having custom messages (twitter foucussed, different from those on facebook). Also, engage yourself in communicating by answering questions on twitter [do integrate your twitter and facebook accounts]
  3. Indiblogger.in: Indiblogger.in has lately become the ultimate place for me to connect with other bloggers. Frankly, rather honestly, there are forums like B5 Media, etc. but none that give due recognition to what you have to say. Thus, Indiblogger.in became the most effective platform for me to connect to like minded bloggers like R.Chandrashekhar, Arjuna, Amitabh and many more. Even though I havent done much of blog reviews, but if you ask me, I would recommend you review one blog daily (preferably a blog that has 0 reviews). Answer questions, post articles relevant to the forum, and connect with fellow bloggers for guest posts. The new features at Indiblogger.in make it even more easy to connect to bloggers, so make the best use of these features.
  4. StumbleUpon and Digg: These two forums are the best to catch hold of the best blogs on the web and let your blog be one of them. Stumble and Digg the best articles at your blog and reach out to a large audience. Dedicate 1 hour a day to this.
  5. Partnerships: Partner with bloggers for mutual advertisements, guest posts and linking. (Do not add toomany links of blogs or directories at that might put off your readers.)
  6. Local Social Networks: Local Social Networks are great ways to reach out to locals. If you are a student targetting students, then hooking on to networks like MyDU.in, DUNetwork.com, MESN.org for Mumbai, etc are the best ways to be popular among the locals.

FINAL NOTES: The above might not be the best ways to promote your blog through social media, but they surely are the good ones to start with. Do you have other ways you promote your blog through the social media? Drop in a comment below.

And do visit my blog at http://www.youthkiawaaz.com

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: title
Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Hitched Hiker
Hitched Hiker
from Mumbai
14 years ago

All good notes. But in the end only the content of your blog will get repeat visits. Otherwise your analytics page will show only new visitors.

LockSign in to reply to this thread