How Indiblogger is better than BlogCatalog or any other similar sites?

suvro
suvro
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I am new to Indiblogger.But don't know if it really helps.Please suggest how to make best use of this service.Also you people can tell me ways to promote my blogs.

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending

Yup it is certainly better service than BlogCatalog but I can tell you that there is no point in comparing it with Blog catalog because this is for Indian people only and well Blogcatalog is global. Service wise and feature wise IndiBlogger is better, we now just need a  recent visitors widget like others. Maybe that too will come soon

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Shiva, that's nice to hear. Smile

About the recent visitors widget - do you find it useful in a way that it brings more traffic? Or is it simply to see how many bloggers visited you recently?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Also, do you think the recent visitors widget is an invasion of privacy? Perhaps some bloggers would prefer to surf in stealth mode! Smile

suvro
from Bangalore
14 years ago

recent visitors is imp.at least we can return the favour of visitors by visiting their blogs.if privacy is required then surf blogs without logging in to BlogCatalog.

Parv Kaushik
from Lucknow, Noida
14 years ago

i completely agree with shiva.... indiblogger wins hands-down!!! plus i like the free pizzas at the blogger meets.. hey guyz when u coming to delhi next???

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Suvro, one of the biggest differences is the quality of blogs. While blog catalog will have a far greater number of bloggers the sheer influence a indiblogger community member will have because of the peer group is enormous. 

I am not sure any blogger network has a ranking feature either. in other words, blog catalog is easy to get lost in. indiblogger, you are home!

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

EGGJAACTLY Smile

suvro
from Bangalore
14 years ago

True.I feel at home.Thanx dude.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago
Indiblogger is a blogger forum and its not just a mere blog promotion tool. The biggest difference here is that its bloggers who decide what should go on the website, in terms of content and features. Renie is a great guy who will listen to what we need and delivers with a passion. Ofcourse there are others like Anwin who are equally passionate. You ask a valid question and am sure you will get all your answers. Search through the forum and most of the questions get answered here itself. The IndiVine, IndiMail, dashboard, IndiRank are a few features that are distinct. You wont get your blog performance charts on PageRank and Alexa in one place. There are plenty more reasons like the bloggers meet, the Fosters party :-D etc. As Vineet said, at IndiBlogger, you are home?
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago
* You wont get your blog performance charts on PageRank and Alexa that too on the same page any where else. Ignore those typos, since i am typing on my mobile phone.
suvro
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thanx Hemal for ur passionate reply :).I was just exploring IB and found many features are unique here.But what I felt most important is its Desi.Keep rocking.Good Luck to IB team.

Raghu V N
Raghu V N
from Thrissur
14 years ago

There is no doubt that Indiblogger is the best way to promote a blog. The main thing I noticed here is that this site gives a lot of opportunities to promote our works. In the case of blogcatalog, I didn't do anything in blogcatalog but, I used to receive some comments in my shout box saying that "I checked your blog and clicked on your advertisements. I hope you will do the same for me..." I have a widget in my blog which records all the IP address of the people who browse through my blog and it never recorded any IP refered from blogcatalog. They just need some visitors and I haven't got any such comments from Indiblogger till date. I guess, the people behind this site really care about the privacy and requirement of each blogger before accepting a new blog to their network...I haven't seen any sites which catagorizes blogs(or even blog posts in Indivine) like this so that we can find people who may have some interest in our blogs.

To be frank, most of my blog visitors are from Indiblogger while I accept that I've submited my site to almost 30 blog promoting sites..

Sincerely,

Raghu..

Guttu
Guttu
from Panaji
14 years ago

Indiblogger is much better than Blogcatalog. I like the way it ranks and updates the ranks manually. That prevents splogs getting into database. It is best the way it is now.

well......blog catalog.....i can't see the real differene other than we all are Indian here and can find more relevant stuff or posts here...than blog catalog.......

second....there is Entrecard.com......if i can say...indiblogger gets me readers....than Entrecard.com gets me traffic......atleast .....200 a day.......Entrecard of sole reason i got my blog's alexa from more than 1,000,000 to a current of 69,777......and i know that a pretty good one when talking about a blog...in a subdomain.............

LockSign in to reply to this thread