Stop To Think For A while.....

charroo dubey
charroo dubey
from lucknow
14 years ago

We all are following a fastpaced schedule in order to staying ahead of everyone.we all want to be successful in our life...but at the stake of our physical and mental health? how much we care about our mental health?we all pay attention towrds only to physical fitness and do not worry for the pressure we all carry to ur brains,that ultimately leads to hypertension,depression and sucide.please think and tell to everybody what you do for mental health?

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
salaamreaders
salaamreaders
from Delhi
14 years ago

Hi

I guess, faith in some power which is beyond us, keeps us moored to life. Otherwise most of us would be in a mental asylum.

Pl check my post which is related to your topic and say whether you agree?

http://salaamreaders.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/a-matter-of-faith/

charroo dubey
from lucknow
14 years ago

hi.....thanks for reading and sharing your valuable views...i visited ur post and i wrote what i believe.

Ananya
Ananya
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

If you know what music is soothing for you, it can definitely ease you out. 'Comfortably numb' by Pink Floyd is one such song for me. I force myself to listen to it when I'm irritated, giving my whole attention to it. It's eerie how relaxed I can be in a matter of less than 6mins. :)

Reading books is also a nice way of diversion from bugging thoughts, provided the book is really good. 

Penning down your cluttered thoughts is also a good way of relaxing. At least, it works for me.

And I, being the atheist I am, can never imagine going towards spirituality as the option.

charroo dubey
from lucknow
14 years ago

hi sweetie welcome. This is great if u know and do things that sooths ur mind.Spirituality is performing the rituals and KARMKAAND...that is RELIGIOUS in nature..Spirituality is knowing what u are, where u have come from and why...and sweetie dont get mistaken by the Darwian Theory, We all have souls that we need to connect to.In other way, Spirituality is connecting to our conscience...this is what i feel...give a thought to it.Thanks for participating.

Afsha
Afsha
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Keep my mind occupied with reading, vent through writing and keep myself surrounded by good positive people at all times who can laugh when its funny and who laugh even more when its not funny. Life is worth hating when its perfect. Imperfections bring out the best in me. Cool

Priya
Priya
from Chennai
14 years ago

Everyone gets pressurized some time or the other .  I believe , there is more to life than a few bad days , or a few horrid experiences . . . For every bad day there would be a good one somewhere down the line. . . .I try my best to set it right , if that doesnt work out , eat that big carton of chocolate ice cream , with steaming hot chocolate fudge sprawled like a stream on a glacier. . .  Always , cheers me up from stress . It is true , chocolate does release happy endorphins into your brain .

charroo dubey
charroo dubey
from lucknow
14 years ago

hi farhaan....welcome...well i am a yoga trainer that's why i try to make people aware of

the need of body and mind both...i presonally believe that we should not run insanly after

the big big achievments...rather than enjoy life, be good to others, be thankful for this life

and it will turn out be a great achievement itself.

Enjoy!!!!

The NRI
The NRI
from London
14 years ago

I think paying attention to physical fitness is important. When I used to train very hard in the gym I was simply too exhausted to think about anything else. Depression is often fuelled by having lots of time to yourself to dwell on things that concern you. The key for me was heavy intense exercise, so not just a casual walk in the park.

Oh, and of course music. When I am down my Ipod is my best friend!

LockSign in to reply to this thread