Do people actually read all that we write ..

Bikram
Bikram
from Birmingham
14 years ago

????????

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
pundit
pundit
from Oslo
14 years ago

No.

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
14 years ago

No use of writing with anyexpectation that someone would read..even the the most active followers sometimes skip posts due to time and life. better to write for the love of writing and for oneself.

Bikram
from Birmingham
14 years ago

I know what u mean, I am not saying they have to or I should write for that expectation, I was just curious, with the number of hits i got on the page, hence the question. I beleive that what i write is my personal experience it may be good or bad.. its mine.

Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I do! I don't comment without reading. If you comment without reading everything fully, you could end up making a huge fool of yourself!

Bikram
from Birmingham
14 years ago

yeah always a good idea.. to read and if possible understand what the Writer is wanting to say.. we may hold the wrong end of the stick if not careful :)

Pooja
from Nagpur
14 years ago

bt many ppl  dun bother to read the whole thing...n dose ppl dun believe in leaving comments as well ...

Bikram
from Birmingham
14 years ago

well if they dont read then why shud they leave a comment, the article is not good enough for them to reach the end Cool

Pooja
from Nagpur
14 years ago

dey leave comments so dat d person whose blog they hv visited, visit their blog as well. and they can simply write comments like "nice post" "awesom entry" n "great stuff you have got there" and get away wid it. The blogger won't even know whether that person had honestly read the content or not.

Bikram
from Birmingham
14 years ago

Yes very true .. i will keep that in mind and see what comments are beign written :)

Bikram
from Birmingham
14 years ago

Hey Pooja I was reading ur blog NICE STUFF :) he hehee No really i cant post any comment on it Cause it is not working ..so there you go i wud have written more than the Two words for sure :)

Pooja
from Nagpur
14 years ago

u read my stuff and u are still ALIVE?! OMG...u are d toughest person i know! :D

Sayed Khadri
Sayed Khadri
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I think people won't read all that we write :(

Bikram
from Birmingham
14 years ago

Well it depedns how good the article is .. if its exiciting then they might, and might leave a comment too.. but it may not be toooo :)

man .... if they weren't reading why would people write........

Bikram
from Birmingham
14 years ago

good thought.. If people write then it does not mean they r being read :) catch 22 here

Pooja
from Nagpur
14 years ago

people dun alwayz write for the sake of being read...

well my blog is personal dairy...blog......and as much as i love writing into my web-log..........i love reading other personal blogs too..........always looking and subscribing to the one i find good.........and try to read them ....as soon as those ppl post something.....but that techy thing....i don't like .....being an CS graduate also didn't help with that.....

Pooja
from Nagpur
14 years ago

i hv read ur blog, ostrich Wink

hey thanks.......i told him....ppl do read......

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
14 years ago

@Bikram,Pooja: I prefer standing within the context of followers. I don't want to take visitors into the criteria while discussing this is because visitors have motives most of the times...like we know..sometimes they say "good post" and stuff to increase their visitors and traffic etc...

If we consider followers, there are times when one reads your post and doesn't comment at all...as there can be things which they don't have a say upon....

Some cases even i try to reach out to my followers where in i might be looking out for advice and opinions...

But blogging for the sake of my own suits me the best. You never know when it is read or not....better be happy doing what i like... Smile

Pooja
from Nagpur
14 years ago

yeah..u got a point.

Bikram
from Birmingham
14 years ago

yeah I can live wit hthat I guess.. Write for MY SAKE he he he ...

prashant
prashant
from hyderabad
14 years ago

It all depends as to how well the 'article', is packaged. In today's world, packaging is more important than the contents itself

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
14 years ago

@Pooja: On a different note...i visited your blog. The comment link doesnt work. I was unable to post my comments...can you help it?

Pooja
from Nagpur
14 years ago

i dont know wots goin wrong!!!! i guess i'll hv to change the whole layout bt den al my fonts and colors would be GONE!!!

Raghu V N
Raghu V N
from Thrissur
14 years ago

In a frank view, "nice", "good" and "interesting" are the most frequently used words when I read blogs....But, it doesn't really mean that I will use these words for each and every blogs I read. I do not read a blog which is not so interesting to me and I will not make any bad comment even if the post is bad. I just close the window.I do not want to cheat anyone by saying that their blog is the best blog I had ever seen. I do not want any readers who comments at my posts just for the sake of commenting. Nobody is compelled to read and comment about any blogs, it is just their choice whether they have to comment on a post or not. I will never comment any blog posts just for the sake of an impression or popularity of my blog.

But in Indiblogger, I feel like Indivine is creating an opportunity to promote a blog even before it is read by the promoter. I feels like indivine is not doing the job it is expected to do.

Siddartha
Siddartha
from Vijayawada
14 years ago

Hmm according to me only 30% of readers will read the whole content and in remaining 70% around another 30% will read the content briefly.

But we can easily asses the readers when they express their views when they comment on our Blogs. I can hardly find 3 or 4 commentators in my blog who study the whole content. 

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
14 years ago

@Pooja: Indimail. :D

Chakoli
Chakoli
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Do you think in such a selfish world people would do that ;)

but see i read your topic fully :D

Bikram
from Birmingham
14 years ago

Yes u did , But we are talking of the Articles he he he .. hopefully THat day will come tooo :)

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Depends!

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Probably not. I, myself, usually just skim others' blog posts.

LockSign in to reply to this thread