Does a face really adds value to your blog?

Chakoli
Chakoli
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Do you really think, adding a picture to your blog profile adds value. How could words/feelings/emotions/thoughts/views be related to your face?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
pundit
pundit
from Oslo
14 years ago

Yes, especially if one's pretty.

Chakoli
Chakoli
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

@pundit... in that case why u havent put in ur pic?

Chakoli
Chakoli
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

@shashank

i too agree with you... this is the 1st time even i had put in my pic... and after that i have seen a decrese in comments ;) see hw sacry i m ;).... but views have nothing to do with ur pic...

people on twitter keep on folllowing blindly famous personality... even aamir khan and Big B blogs get so many hits because they are aamir aand AB... once they start blogging with just anonymous name.... people wont be interested in there views until and unless they are strong

Googy
Googy
from Delhi
14 years ago

Sealed I think to some extent its true that having a profile pic adds value to the blog no matter what the content is...i mean i hve seen lots of blogs with preety profile pic has a long followers list.....& looking at the content part u find nothing so attractive....!

Chakoli
Chakoli
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

lol guys... it seems... many people out here go for the blogs which have a profile pic and also which is good luking ;)

pundit
from Oslo
14 years ago

I tried to tell you.

Pooja
from Nagpur
14 years ago

bt hw does a good profile pic affect the writing ? :o

pundit
from Oslo
14 years ago

It doesn't. The question asked was "Does a face really add value to your blog?"

This notion of "adding value" is quite nebulous. I think a photograph of the author can "add value" by making a blog seem more human, and can (sometimes) drive more traffic. I am not making any claims about the quality of the writing.

Personally:

1. Having a picture makes me see a site less like an anonymous voice from the ether, and more like a person. I am more likely to listen to (read) and trust a real person than some random page on the internet. Value has already been added.

2. I am more likely to click and poke around a site that has an attractive face associated with it. (I can be as superficial as the rest of them.) Perhaps while poking around, I might stumble upon something I wouldn't have otherwise.

Pooja
from Nagpur
14 years ago

oh wow...dis world is complicated...

LockSign in to reply to this thread