Twitter - a time waster or a productive tool

Sanjeev Mishra
Sanjeev Mishra
from Pune
15 years ago

Many of us are using Twitter now a days and it is going good with 140 character updates. But some people think that it is a time waisting tool and always impact your blogging because you devote so much time re-tweating others. 

At the same time, many people think that they are getting so much out of their 140 char update. Their business is going good, getting jobs, making friends and getting short link updates from many people.

What do you think about this tiny application which has changed the look of social media in such a short span.

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

It's too good!Smile

Keeps me updated and the best place to quote out the instant feelings!

May be cuz I don't re-tweet much!

Sanjeev Mishra
Sanjeev Mishra
from Pune
15 years ago

That's true, Twitter is for fun, SMSing or other positive facts but many times I feel that it distract you from writing a good content or concentrating on your blog performances. Many people start twiting about their blog and get shifted to entertainment news, updates, sports etc.

Please discuss your views n this regard as well.

Sanjeev Mishra
Sanjeev Mishra
from Pune
15 years ago

Wow, most of us are positive about Twitter usage. 

cheers guys, we will continue twiting about things on Twitter. Use Twistory for the backup of your Twits.

Visit : Internet Techies for more information like this.

Sandy
Sandy
from Delhi
15 years ago

I believe, StumbleUpon is a far better tool to get new set of audience to your site. Moreover, since it lists websites based on interests, the users are relevant users. It also throws up interesting websites if u r looking for something interesting. I am addicted to it.

Please add my blog on ur Stumble List in case u like it- http://sandywriter.blogspot.com/

Sanjeev Mishra
Sanjeev Mishra
from Pune
15 years ago

Hey Sandy,

I agree with you, that stumbleupon is really helpful in network building. Thanks for the response. I visited you site as well, nice posts. 

Suggestion: Try to add an option in comment section where people can provide their URL and Name. I think there is a plugin for the same.

I agree Vikram that it is a good tool for a serious blogger to promote his blog contents.

Sanjeev Mishra
Sanjeev Mishra
from Pune
15 years ago

Great replies guys, Thanks for your time.

Shakthidharan
Shakthidharan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Could not resist replying although the thread is closed !

Tweets are different from posts and my opinion is that Twitter is at best a self entertainment cum promotion tool . Not to be confused with IM / Blogging or SMS .

It is more of a productivity killer and less of an organizer if you ask me

~Shakthi

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Shakti, it isnt a productivity killer it depends on how you use it. Twitter rocks.

To know more about it visit Twitter on a role.

Lets increase our twitter following on a mutual basis to have a bigger network & therefore more exposure to our blogs.

Follow me on twitter & i'll follow back.

Bishwajeet Mahato
Bishwajeet Mahato
from Jamshedpur
15 years ago

twitter has great marketing power if you have large number of followers

Chethan
Chethan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I'm a big fan of Social Networking! Twitter,Stumble,digg, delicious all of them.. but twitter is something more addictive and definetely very productive for designers like me Smile add me if you guys are interested..

LockSign in to reply to this thread