Blogictionary - A dictionary/glossary of Blog terminology

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

Dear Bloggers, Let us have a compilation of blog related terms and their meanings. May be we can coin new terms related to blogs too. Let me start with the basics

Blog - Web log ( initially some one used the term Web log as We - blog)

Blog - as a verb, the act of posting an article on a Blog site.

Blogosphere - The term referred to the whole collection of blogs on the net

Blogger - The person who is publishing the blogs

All the terms which I suggested started with "blog", but it need not be like that. So the expert bloggers may kindly pitch in with the additions.

Definitions, if not correct can be discussed upon and arrive at a consensus as far as possible.

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: edited the topic name
Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Cavin
Cavin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Surprised You forgot IndiBlogger - A blogger who is a member of Indiblogger.in and mostly from India but not necessarily Tongue out

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

Got another one

Splog - Spam blog

Bloggeist - A person who believes in Blog

Wordless Wednesday -- Wednesday is marked as the day where bloggers post pictures of video's, no text.

Rahi Vidya
Rahi Vidya
from Delhi
14 years ago

Hey Hitesh, I didn't know that fact. Is there some stats for that? Is there some explanation for that?

Just like there are Vlogs (video blogs), there can be Plogs (picture blogs). 

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

Blogoversary  - Anniversary of a blog (courtesy indimag.com's comment on another blog)

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Blogroll .n A list of other blogs a blogger might provide links to from his blog.

Moblog .n  A blog primarily created from the mobile phone, a portmanteu of mobile + blog

Blogerado .n A generic term referring to the whole of blogosphere and its blogs.

As a matter of fact my first post called Blogcode, a gross code governing the blogosphere :) (Permalink http://theanalystquotes.blogspot.com//2009/09/blogcode-20.html )

subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

Blog code concept is good !!

LockSign in to reply to this thread