Indian Bloggers living abroad

Lazy Pineapple
Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
14 years ago

I would like to make a suggestion to Indiblogger team . In the Indirank Page is it possible to add another category as 'Top International Bloggers'. 

Most of us live in different parts of the world and our blogs are peppered with flavours of the country we are currently living in. Plus it would help us to be identified under a different category alltogether so that each of us could find people in our own countries and connect with them individually.

What do you guys think of this?

1-20
21-24
Replies 1 to 20 of 24 Descending
The NRI
The NRI
from London
14 years ago

I second that request from London

Lazy Pineapple
Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
14 years ago

Thanks The NRI...Its seems no one else wants it :( I am a bit disappointed as no one has responded...well let's hope someone answers in a day or two and The Indiblogger team responds.

Well, let me add one more vote to the topic.. I think I like the idea of a new genre/blog type. In fact, I like the idea of it not just being a general/personal blog category...In case the Team Indiblogger is listening to us, yoohoo...can you give what lazy pineapple just mooted a thought please? Smile

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
14 years ago

Thanks Deepthy :) for your vote. 

The NRI
The NRI
from London
14 years ago

Lazy P - why don't we all add each other to our respective networks and then canvas other international bloggers, via a new message thread, to join our network. As a more organised group we will have a louder voice.

Deepthy - I was perplexed that even with all the blog categories, I was still unable to find an appropriate one.

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
14 years ago

Yes, that makes sense. I will be adding both of you to my network. But frankly, I had thought writing on the forum will address a wider audience. Well, good to see at least you two have have respondedLaughing

The NRI
The NRI
from London
14 years ago

I agree with your sentiment. Consequently I have started a new thread - International Bloggers - Who Are You? It would be great if you and Deepthy could introduce yourselves

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
14 years ago

Great!! this is good...now we have started the ball rolling.....

Journomuse
from Brighton-Mumbai-Kochi
14 years ago

Hi Just saw this thread of mails now...Well, I am new to Indiblogger...just thought of giving it a shot about two months ago...liked the idea of a blogger community...

am a journalist, who got bored and to be honest disillusioned with television...So took off to UK...and now am at the Uni of sussex in Brighton...and this blog has now become like my little scratchpad..to scratch my faff writing itch when academic tripe drives me to boredom out of sheer 'propah'ness of it all...:)

Lazy Pineapple
Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
14 years ago

Hey deepthy, good to know you are in UK too...I am in  Lancaster in the Northwest. Are you taking a journalism course?

Journomuse
14 years ago

Nopes...Already have a masters in broadcast journalism...am doing this MA in Geopolitics and Grand Strategy, which is a glorified version of simplified International Relations...

Hope I have sufficiently confused you like I seem to do most people who ask me this question.. :)

Lazy Pineapple
Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
14 years ago

Deepthy..I think I understand a bit of it :)

Journomuse
14 years ago

No reply from the 'blobs of Indibloggers' ;) im sure after tracking this post there wouldnt be any more...So I guess our call for an autonomous NRI musings/Sliced Out India need to be shelved for now...maybe this chain someday will become the beacon for a future band of autonomy seekers to pitch forth their demand for a separate category.... Sorry, if left to my devices I'm capable of producing a great deal of nonsense in 30 seconds..that's the side-effect of years in broadcast journalism...

cheers, loved your blog...shall read more of it whenever i log on...

D

Guys did you see this??

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=1320

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
14 years ago

Ahh we can keep the topic alive with useless banter Foot in mouth lets not shelve it yet.....

I have checked out that thread...its about meets and though I am keen on a meet here in UK...It might not be possible for us all to travel to London. A separate category will help us identify each other easily for future meets too :)

Lazy Pineapple
Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
14 years ago

Ohh Deepthy thanks  for your comment on my Blog :) hope to see you more often there :)

The NRI
The NRI
from London
14 years ago

I may occasionally join in with the useless banter.

Deepthy, why don't you introduce yourself on my other thread.

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=4180

I may soon change the message heading to International Bloggers - Where Are You!!

Isn't it strange..Normally in most forum topics, Renie does make an appearance...Wonder how come this topic has escaped his crawler..:)

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
13 years ago

Hmmm..I will wait some days and will send him a mail to direct him here :)

Vasu
Vasu
from Basel, Switzerland
13 years ago

A big big thumbs up to all your suggestions. I think there was also other threads on international bloggers started by others.

I am connected to a few of you and have read your blogs (probably not commented). I would love to closely follow the blogs of other international bloggers. And it goes without saying that you can visit mine as well!

Cheers!

Vasu

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
13 years ago

Thank you Vasu...it is good to see that more international bloggers are getting interested in this thread :) will check out your blog...

mOINKy
mOINKy
from Los Angeles
13 years ago

Count my vote in too. 

But its pointless to seperate catagory when there are only 5 people responding.

I been a member of indiblogger for more than a year but never cared to check in with whats happening here. I feel I might have missed out a lot. No More.

P.S The indiblogger junta seems to respond only to tweets. 

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
13 years ago

hmmm ok Tweeting is not my cup of tea :) maybe you could tweet about this link.

Thanks for commenting and keeping this topic alive Laughing

GursewakSingh
GursewakSingh
from Nasik
13 years ago

I vote for this suggestion.

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
13 years ago

Thank you Guru Laughing

LEB
LEB
from anywhere,anytime,anyday
13 years ago

I support this cause as well. Though I am not sure if there should be a competitive edge to this. It could be a recognition and encouragement.

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
13 years ago

Yes I feel so too...but looks like Indiblogger team has not noticed this topic...keep posting your ideas...and hopefully they will see this topic.

Krish
Krish
from Charlotte
13 years ago

One more in favour :)

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
13 years ago

Thanks Krish :)

Sowmya
Sowmya
from Chennai, Manama
13 years ago

Just saw this topic now. You can count me in as well;)

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
13 years ago

This is great..thanks :)

Sounds wonderful, am in too! Though am not sure if there would be anyone else from Finland except me?

Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
13 years ago

doesn't matter..you are living abroad and this is a thread for international bloggers :)

Maria
Maria
from Singapore
13 years ago

Ok one more vote coming up. I already know some of you and I 'll add on the others onto my network. A new category sounds interesting. Ithink I can rope in a few friends of mine from Singapore to vote as well. Also, I have organised for the first Indiblogger meet in Singapore next Friday. Fortunately Singapore isjust a teensy lil dot on the map, so the Indising crowd have no issues meeting up. Fingers crossed. Hope the meet is successful.

Ah! I dream of the day when we can have a global Indimeet and I get to meet a lot of people to whose blogs and profile pics I have developed an affection to..LOL...

I just saw this thread now.  ...I'm in favor.

Except I'm not sure about the competition part, perhaps when the no. of nri/poi bloggers is sufficiently large? how many do we have now?  ...will find out as soon as admins do an geo tally?

1-20
21-24
LockSign in to reply to this thread