IndiVine Observations and Suggestions

Parth J Dave
Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hey Guys,

It is a known fact that IndiVine is helping countless bloggers to showcase their posts and gain exposure. Here I'd like to share my observations about IndiVine:

1. If you want your posts to be promoted by atleast 20-30 people, you need to have a profile picture. This is actually a rising trend. At any given time, the first page of Top in 48 hours IndiVine tab is dominated by those bloggers who are blessed with a profile picture.
  2. IndiVine is also increasing the gap between the rich and the poor, literally. Those rich posts with votes get richer, and the poor posts never see the light of the day. As an IndiBlogger, I do have a dedicated group of bloggers who always vote for my posts (like Mohan, Vishal and Shrinath), but there are some of my posts which have actually received no exposure. A trending post on the first page will crazily get promoted, but no one will ever care to dig in the other pages to find a meaningful and lonely post... Anyway, who has the time today to browse through so many posts?

IndiVine is definitely doing a wonderful job by providing a platform to all of us to showcase our blog posts, but I sincerely feel that there's a lot of room for improvement. Here are a few suggestions I'd like to put forth for improving IndiVine:

• Firstly, the IndiBlogger Team needs to take some action for ensuring a distinct profile picture of every member. Bloggers like me who have no picture, and literally, no identity fail to attract people to quality blog posts. Let IB have its own profile picture upload system where users can easily browse and upload their picture from their PC itself. This will not only give the blogger a unique identity, but also help in garnering votes in IndiVine.
  • A separate category should be created in IndiVine so that quality blog posts don't catch dust. You guys can have a 'Random 10' Category where 10 random blog posts can be chosen from deep within the archives and other categories so that bloggers get something new and fresh to read. These 10 random posts can be refreshed every 24 hours so those isolated and sometimes super-content blog posts get some exposure.

I feel that these suggestions can definitely help IndiVine go a long way by being beneficial for everybody. What are your views about these observations and suggestions?

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Parth J Dave
Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Is no one active here to read this important topic?

I'm surprised... Surprised

Jayanth Tadinada
Jayanth Tadinada
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I agree with the gap between the rich and poor in indivine and I also like the idea of a random 10. getting an image in gravatar did not look lik much trouble, so i dont see  much of a problem there.

Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thanks for your opinions for these IndiVine Suggestions! By the way, there are some problems in linking Gravatar to some of the IB user accounts... Maybe you are quite lucky!

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hey Parth,

Dont be too surprised that participation on this one being less. After a while, every one looses interest in a thing or two.

I agree with a few points here, but I a wanna see how others would react to.

Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thank You, Hemal to agreeing to some of my points. Even I am pretty curious to know others' reactions to this one...

Parth J Dave
Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Is Mr. Renie and his IB Team also listening? We need improvements, lots of them in IndiVine...

Zave
Zave
from Bhopal
14 years ago

Hi,

Indeed, very well said Parth. I could go to the end of the world supporting what you have just mentioned. IB should do something about this. I suppose there are several others as well who think in the same direction but have not yet voiced out their opinion.

Good that you pointed out.

Thank you.

Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thanks Gourab!

Thank you for supporting me on this issue. True, that there are many others like me who are facing the same problem...

In fact, another problem that is cropping up is the issue of fake voting. There are many people who just vote for an IndiVine post even without reading it, just for the sake of publicity. This is really unethical.. What's say?

Zave
Zave
from Bhopal
14 years ago

Yes, absolutely. That is also of of the things that can be correct. I mean I have seen people voting for me also leave behind some comments, so I suppose I can believe that they do read the posts. And I also read and then promote. Might be its not the case with a few others. But I have seen others complain about the similar thing. So might be its a problem.

Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Yeah..thanks for your views. So, now even you think this way. I agree some of the readers leave behind comments and promote the post on IndiVine..but what about the others? This is a thing to be really thought about...

Hindi Cinema Blog
Hindi Cinema Blog
from Europe
14 years ago

Hello to all,

I am wondering, does anyone know how to find the Indivine posts of a particular blogger? I have people voting for my Indivine posts. I enjoy checking out their blogs too and would like to vote for their posts on IndiVine but have not found a way to search for them. Maybe I am missing something?

Have a fab day.

Samuel
from Hyderabad / Pilani
14 years ago

same question as above!!

Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Well, I don't think we have such a feature. But this is a thing many members are asking for.. So, I think the IndiBlogger Team will consider this request and add on this facility...

Hindi Cinema Blog
Hindi Cinema Blog
from Europe
14 years ago

Hi Parth,

Well, way to go for IndiBlogger. It would be the coolest thing to have around in IndiVine. I think it would help drive the blog community even closer to each other (helping us share the blog love Smile)

So thumbs up and hoping this feature is added really soon. Will keep tracking this topic to know when we can start searching for IndiVine posts from fellow bloggers, I would be oh so thankful if you could beep us when that happens.

LockSign in to reply to this thread