IndiBlogger of the Month is back!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Bloggers, we're pleased to announce that the IndiBlogger of the Month contest is back after a looooong hiatus, and nominations are now open. Unfortunately, tech bloggers will have to wait a bit more as the category has already been chosen by our new sponsor GiveIndia.org.

The category for this month is "Social Blogging", and there are additional prizes on top of the usual IB of the Month prizes.

More details here. Enjoy! Smile

1-20
21-35
Replies 1 to 20 of 35 Descending
Cavin
Cavin
from Chennai
14 years ago

I find the details given in the page is vague. Could it be explained further?

Avada Kedavra
Avada Kedavra
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Can it be about any social cause? or just about donating etc to the poor people (like it says on Indiblogger site)?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Will get more clarification from the sponsors!

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi guys, 

I can see there are some doubts cropping up. Hope these help:

@Cherian: The blogging is for social causes and not for social media. Social media would have become too niche :) 

@Moulee: What are the details you are looking for? Based on those we could modify the contest page itself. 

@Avada: This could be in any way related to social causes. Does not necessarily have to be giving or charity. It could be your opinions or something you did, anything. :)

Cheers,

Vinni

http://vinni.co.in

Parth J Dave
Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Awesome, Renie! I am glad to find this contest back after such a long time!

Anyway, Social Blogging is a good topic.. Now, let's see what kind of nominations we have..

Another Request to Renie- Since the contest's name is IB of the Month, please keep it a monthly event and not a 6-monthly one. Please!

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

"Social Blogging" !!

That is a nice concept. Yet to see a blog in that category. Waiting for the nominations to pitch in and to learn more about social blogging.

Waiting for a day when I too can participate in this contest

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

subups,

Hope the topic is now clear! :)

Social Causes sounds better?

Vinni

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

Yes vineet, Blogging for a social cause conveys the meaning better, but as a buzzword "Social blogging" is good.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Social blogging could be also community blogging, we have social networking :) So is indiblogger social blogging? :D 

Ok, renie will kill me now. 

tys
tys
from Sharjah
14 years ago

what the heck is social blogging? I would have loved to nominate myself but since Iam a misanthrope doing social service by ensuring that the said society doesnt take themselves too seriously, i guess iam in the in between category...

but if theres any blogger out there who is not posting poetry is , i believe, doing great social service..

Sorav Jain
Sorav Jain
from Chennai
14 years ago

OMG! i thought it was for social media and have nominated my blog... is there anyway to remove my blog from the nomination?

Regards

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

:) Sorav, social media is a social cause too. :P

R Saraswathan
R Saraswathan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thanks Renie. I have nominated my Post, along with 4 other posts on Social Causes.

Thanks

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
14 years ago

To create a iGive page on GiveIndia i have to list a NGO. But, we need to pay 5000 rs to GiveIndia to get a listing. I am not sure, how many people can find NGOs who can sponsor a listing for us to win a prize.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Anita, I just created a Give India Page for myself. You do not need to pay any money. You just need to select an NGO for whom you want to raise funds. Just check the page I made right now. http://www.giveindia.org/give/pledgepage/vinolxi

Maya Manzil
Maya Manzil
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

We can write any  Ghazal or any poetry  on Social cause. If yes then reply me. and i need to have a hint. so please guide me regarding Social Cause. i am not clear of this topic. Please clear it.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Maya there are many things you could write. A poem or ghazal is just cool! Infact it would be very different from what others would post. You must write one! 

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
13 years ago

It is pretty exciting to read the blogs and vote. Got introduced to some very interesting writers BTW!

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thats nice to hear Anita! :) Glad you liked it.

Maya Manzil
Maya Manzil
from Gurgaon
13 years ago
ok thanks i will try to write. but not get the meaning of social blogging.thats y some one says me explain your blog in 4 words. I reply in 4 line like that ......... Ek shabad se milkar shayari banti hai, Us shayari me kuch to baat hoti hai, Ye jano un 4 line me shayari samati hai, Ek shayar ka safar ye manzil batati hai ! so . if i hv clearity of the topic. then i am sure to write shayari or Ghazal on this topic
Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
13 years ago

SInce this event is sponsored by GiveIndia, Social Blogging wil be about donations, tax exemptions for NGOs and donors, micro loans, and any type of giving!

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hope you got your pledge page made. :) 

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
13 years ago

What is pledge page?

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
13 years ago

Yep, created my pledge page too. it is for Banyan.

http://www.giveindia.org/give/pledgepage/BanyanNGO

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Great! You can also link it to a blog post and then upload it onto indivine 

1-20
21-35
LockSign in to reply to this thread