IndiBlogger of the Month is back!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Bloggers, we're pleased to announce that the IndiBlogger of the Month contest is back after a looooong hiatus, and nominations are now open. Unfortunately, tech bloggers will have to wait a bit more as the category has already been chosen by our new sponsor GiveIndia.org.

The category for this month is "Social Blogging", and there are additional prizes on top of the usual IB of the Month prizes.

More details here. Enjoy! Smile

1-20
21-35
Replies 1 to 20 of 35 Ascending
tys
tys
from Sharjah
14 years ago

Do you think I qualify? Mine is for social causes. The society caused me. Does that help?

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
14 years ago

Congrats! http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/

Cheers,

Anitha

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi Maya

Can you check the following:

1. have you submitted already?

2. Is your blog reachable?

If all is fine, i suggest you try again without abusing us of course! :)

Vinni

Maya Manzil
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

@ Vineet

Thanks for your reply...............

Manzil

umbrella22
umbrella22
from Chennai
14 years ago

@Anitha - lolz

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
14 years ago

I have voted for Rang De too. But i was surprised to see Rang De, a well-established NGO with people like Kiruba Shankar on borad (if i'm not mistaken) competing with blogs of laymen!

Thank God, Give India is not participaing in the contest with their own blog!!!

Raghav Parthasarathy
Raghav Parthasarathy
from Bangalore
14 years ago

@Vineet

Thanks for that info. Will check out Indivine.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Post it here in this thread as well. 

Maya Manzil
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

hi Vineet,

i am not able to post on Indivine, may u help, how could i do?

i got this msz on trying to post time: ---You can try again, curse the IndiBlogger team or give up and go back to IndiVine.

Please advise me.

Raghav Parthasarathy
Raghav Parthasarathy
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Liked the concept of a Social Blogging contest to promote the idea.   I am rooting for RangDe.  Would be great if "Social Blogging" and "Politics" can be included as seperate categories in the Indiblogger directory.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi Raghav, what you can do is submit the post in Indivine with a social flavor to it. Hope you are aware that there is another prize for best post! Dont miss out there! 

umbrella22
umbrella22
from Chennai
14 years ago

@ Vineet Rajan-

Oh ok! thank you for the feedback.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hey, you can still participate for our sponsors pick. Just write a post and add it onto Indivine. and you are good to go! 

GiveIndia
GiveIndia
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Dear All,

The India Tax Saving Challenge closed yesterday and has raised Rs. 32 lacs from 1,500+ donors. While we get all the last payments in, deposit cheques and do our last rounds of ensuring everything is accounted for, would like to remind you that there are yet some prizes to be won!

You can participate by writing a blog entry related to: - Philanthrophy/Giving in India- Donating and Taxes (eg: Do you believe that tax-savings help donations in India? If no, what tax reforms do we need to encourage more donations? If yes, what efforts could NGOs make to increase donations)- Giving and Saving/Getting It could be a story or an anecdote or a personal reflection or a policy recommendation or a public call to action. The intent is to make an impact on the reader. GiveIndia is giving away a gift coupon of Rs. 1,000 for the the best blog post. Regards,

Vyasamoorthy
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Is there still some time left for blog posts on giving / donations for social cause?

http://vyasa-kaaranam-ketkadey.blogspot.com/ My blog is exclusively for the cause of senior citizens. Most stories are my own; A few of late are news items. Empowering senior citizens through information is our objective - be it laws / legal rights, concessions, schemes, sources for seniors' requirements etc. I have been blogging on this since 2008.

umbrella22
umbrella22
from Chennai
14 years ago

@renie..

How to nominate my posts for this contest?

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi!

Nominations have been closed already. You could however still vote for the other nominations.

Maya Manzil
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

hi Vineet

but 2 days is left. so y she could not nominate.

Sanjay Uvach
Sanjay Uvach
from Patna
14 years ago

Is there a way to track how many votes a blog has received?

GiveIndia
GiveIndia
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Guys,

Remember tomorrow is the last day to raise money in the India Tax Saving Challenge. Your last chance to earn a daily matching prize of Rs. 5000 if you are one of the top 5 NGOs.

So do reach out to all your friends and foes, near-relatives and distant relatives and colleagues and strangers and get them to donate on your page.

For more fundraising ideas - http://www.giveindia.org/t-igive-tips-ideas.aspx and some easy copy-paste appeal letters - http://www.giveindia.org/t-igive-appeal-letters.aspx

Have fun fundraising :-)

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

anytime, keep bloggin! :) spread the word around with more pledge pages. Hope you also added the IndiGiver badge! 

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
14 years ago

Yep, i put a message on IndiVine. Thanks Vineet for all the help and guidance.

Cheers,

Anitha

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi everyone can also create a donation page for people to donate money. You can see the details of that here:

http://www.giveindia.org/t-create-igive-page.aspx

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
14 years ago

Yep, created my pledge page too. it is for Banyan.

http://www.giveindia.org/give/pledgepage/BanyanNGO

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Great! You can also link it to a blog post and then upload it onto indivine 

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
14 years ago

What is pledge page?

Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
14 years ago

SInce this event is sponsored by GiveIndia, Social Blogging wil be about donations, tax exemptions for NGOs and donors, micro loans, and any type of giving!

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hope you got your pledge page made. :) 

Maya Manzil
Maya Manzil
from Gurgaon
14 years ago
ok thanks i will try to write. but not get the meaning of social blogging.thats y some one says me explain your blog in 4 words. I reply in 4 line like that ......... Ek shabad se milkar shayari banti hai, Us shayari me kuch to baat hoti hai, Ye jano un 4 line me shayari samati hai, Ek shayar ka safar ye manzil batati hai ! so . if i hv clearity of the topic. then i am sure to write shayari or Ghazal on this topic
Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
14 years ago

It is pretty exciting to read the blogs and vote. Got introduced to some very interesting writers BTW!

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thats nice to hear Anita! :) Glad you liked it.

1-20
21-35
LockSign in to reply to this thread