How far will you reveal yourself in your blog?

tys
tys
from Sharjah
14 years ago

Its been on my mind for sometime. I know that each of us has our own reasons to maintain a blog. My query is how much of you do you reveal in your blogs. I have seen folks who put up everything on a blog without a care in the world that this can be seen and read by virtual strangers. I call them the trusting souls. They are refereshing. My second question is : If you are one of those trusting sorts who puts out everything out there; pics, thoughts, feelings, identity....has that ever become a problem? Has your trust in the world been abused?

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I think you can call me one of those trusting souls. Smile

Luckily, they have not been a problem for me, up till now. And I hope it never will be *fingers crossed*

tys
from Sharjah
14 years ago

but does it worry you that it could be? at the same time i do realize that such a curtailing fear in ones blog can take the fun out of it...

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

well as far as i can say depends on who u r wat u write what or who is ur target audience......mind u m nt a pro blogger or someone who has much xp in this.........bt ur privacy totally depends on u!

I let my readers know a lil bout me, as much as i'd like to know about the bloggers i follow. Also being careful not to revel too personal stuff.......u let them peep into ur mind and thoughts (which i guess is quiet personal stuff) so a lil info bout u wont hurt! Smile

tys
from Sharjah
14 years ago

:) ... i understand..they dont call it a web log if theres nothing of the logger in it, eh?

The Speaking Wood
The Speaking Wood
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

I prefer using first person in my blog even when it is not about me, However, I'd also be more tilted towards the trusting side (like Magali ) and have met some wonderful thinkers...

I agree with Addy, since you are sharing you mind and your thoughts, that is personal information in itself, to what extent that is allowed is a choice that you make.

While I understand that it might think it is risky, but here is my two bits...there are plenty of good people out there and this is the best way to reach out to them, share your thought, make your voice heard and if someone uses this medium for some insane purpose, well shift+delete and let everyone else know as well :) 

tys
from Sharjah
14 years ago

and have you ever had to do that to someone ...i mean the shift + delete?...is there a cyber blacklisting board somewhere where you can name and shame the culprit ? :)

Somebody Somewhere
Somebody Somewhere
from Kolkata
14 years ago

I tell everything.

tys
from Sharjah
14 years ago

:) ... i bet u dont.

Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago