What It Takes To Start A Website?

ARJuna
ARJuna
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I want to start a social networking site that targets NGO's and eventually earn money through ads and providing related sercices/organising events.

Other than the regular stuff like web hosting service selection, domain issues etc. What other things (financial, legal...) should I keep in mind?

Do I need to first start a company/organisation like a mothership of sorts?

Any tips and suggestions are welcome. Anything and everything pertaining to starting and maintaining website is welcome on this thread.

Thank you 

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Siddhesh Kabe
Siddhesh Kabe
from London
13 years ago

Try using Jhoomla platform, for a website u don't need anything legal initially cos most of the laws come into picture wen ur earning crosses lakhs.

Try studying dot net nuke or jhoomla u get better tools for developing a site.

Arif
Arif
from Mumbai
13 years ago
The first and foremost thing required to start a website is: 1. Clarity of objective - know what you want to write on 2. Content - who is it meant for, it it useful? 3. Loyal readers, this comes with time. You got to be patient for the initial 4-5 months and not at all bother about ad/money. BTW, do check out the visual of Ranbir jumping from the Bandra Worli Sea Link shouting WOW WOW WOW and gulping down a can of Pepsi! Do write a comment at: http://www.maktion.com/2010/04/youngistaan-ka-wow.html
ARJuna
ARJuna
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks Sid and Arif, but can any one tell me if I need to start a company/organisation before I begin the site?

ARJuna
from Mumbai
13 years ago

...and what are the advantages/disadvantages if I do start a company. how do I go about starting a company

Himanshu
from Delhi
13 years ago

No Aruna, u dont need any company for starting a website. 

But if u want ads from companies, you will have to approach them directly. In case  they decide to give u ads and pay u for it,  they wud want to give a cheque on ur company's name. So a bank acc and a registered company will be necessary when u start targeting for ads later. Till then u dont need to do any such formalities. Try and build ur site and have a good no. of visitors coming. Only after that think abt other formalities.

Regards

ARJuna
ARJuna
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you Himanshu, I appreciate your advice. Please let the suggestions flow in. What do you think I need to start a website.

Also I would apreciate if any one would like to help with the development of the site codes/html etc.

LockSign in to reply to this thread