blogs and politics

Cryptic Clues
Cryptic Clues
from Gujarat
14 years ago

Hi. I have been blogging for more than a year at musings from the margins

I am quite interested in knowing how many bloggers seriously think/write about politics, in substantive ways (all politics hues: red, saffron, green, pink welcome!).

And more than that, how many of us think that there is a deeper unearthed politics behind blogging as well. Let me explain, can everybody blog? Are people with political affiliations of a particular kind, more active, than others? Is there a personal politics behind who follows whom? Is a 'red' reader interested in a 'saffron' blog?

I really look forward to your comments and responses.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
kumar Padmanabh
kumar Padmanabh
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Politics is important part of life. Even if we want, we can not avoid politics. It affects different facets of our life.

padmanabh

Cryptic Clues
from Gujarat
14 years ago

Thanks Padmanabh. But would you like to share specific ways and means by which politics underlygin blogging, and how blogging/blogs/bloggers mobilise politics (of what? what kind? and how?)

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
11 years ago

"Even if we want, we can not avoid politics."

Why not? Just because people tell you to do things, does that mean that you must do them?

If you want to avoid politics then why can you not avoid it? If you want to eat, then can you not eat? If you want to sleep, then can you not sleep? If you want to travel, then can you not travel? Why are you not capable of avoiding politics if you do want it, especially since this is within your control?

kumar Padmanabh
kumar Padmanabh
from Bangalore
13 years ago

It is all about awareness. With increasing use of internet and exponential growth of blogger, we are not far away, when this means will be used for political broadcasting. It is already started. People like Lalu Yadav and Nitish Kumar found the strength of this technology. If politician from Bihar can do, why not the politician from other state.

As opposed to other medium, blog has the power to listen everyone and take their opinion too. The two way communication will definitely be a hit.

Himanshu
Himanshu
from Delhi
13 years ago

You cant do with it ,you cant do without it...!! Yes I blog about politics!

It seems like a nice platform to meet more 'politically inclined' blogs on the blogosphere!!

Cryptic Clues
Cryptic Clues
from Gujarat
13 years ago

@ Padmanabh: well, power being central to politics, the examples you cite are a small example which confirm the hypothesis that those in power use social networks, or technology in a broader sense, to make good of their ambitions and agenda. But then, it brings into serious question the politics of blogging, for groups that do not have such access.

@Himanshu: I agree with you calling the blog RAGE...

@KC: agree with your observations, in fact, sits well with my hypothesis discussed above, of blogs carrying an inherent bias. 

I was actually looking for more meaningful summarisations of politics, blogs and their own cultures and sub-cultures. Like the predominance of technology and commercial blogs, the intertwining of the two, which has captured the cyber-world. And so forth...will return with a wider summary and pointed questions some time later...

Somebody Somewhere
Somebody Somewhere
from Kolkata
13 years ago

I doubt there is such a thing right now, in our country. i think prominent people start blogs for marketing themselves primarily, although political blogs can be quite powerful when used for news. Crooks and Liars, for example. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread