Hostgator - Verisign - Important Notice

Kamal Hasa
Kamal Hasa
from Bangalore
14 years ago

My Blog was not loading for half of my visitors. I been receiving numerous complaints through email and messenger. I host my sites on Hostgator. If you use Private nameservers for any of your sites or blogs then you must read this:

What causes this is a recent change Verisign (one of the overseers of .com, .net and .org domains) made in their rules for DNS. At the registrar (whois information) your domains had the private nameservers, while on the sever in the DNS zone they had our websitewelcome.com nameservers.In addition to this the A records for ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com were also missing. These issues now cause problems in domains resolving.I have corrected this for your entire reseller account, the DNS change can take 24-72 hours to fully propagate, after this period of time, please let us know if you are still having any issues.

Does my blog loads for you????

NPXP

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: link edit
Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Your site loads now.. ! IndiBlogger is also on Hostgator, and we didn't get this notice.. nor did we have any downtime. We use hostgator's nameservers in the DNS zone of the registrar...

LockSign in to reply to this thread