Challenge between Renie and Me! (Indirank May)

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Alright guys the hottest news of the forum!

Renie has bet that he will update the next Indirank (May) before I crack my first joke on this forum.

I accepted his challenge and he acknowledged this, the following were the few rules decided for the same:

Rules:

1. I can post the jokes only after 12 midnight on 20th May 2010.

2. Renie is gonna give me an Indiblogger T-shirt (duly signed by Renie himself) if he looses! 

So What do you guys think? Who is gonna win? Which side are you on?

Team Renie or Team Addy ????

The actual conversation : http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?action=replied&p=30186&pageNum_Posts=1&totalRows_Posts=24&id=4922 

1-20
21-23
Replies 1 to 20 of 23 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

We contemplated delaying it every month just to hear Addy's jokes... but not this time! Addy, your jokes are numbered! Smile

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Only thing numbered in this world is my brain!!! (Not even my Brainwave) Tongue out 

Nobody can stop my jokes from flowing into this free forum! NO not even Renie! *Evil Laugh*

I will WIN! Even if it means by a whisker or one joke.......I am gonna win!!!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

On the subject of IndiRank, there is some feedback / bug reports we've recieved on Amit Bhavani's blog, and a subsequent discussion via the comments.... what do you guys think? Am trying to get a general consensus to decide on the changes we need to make to IndiRank...!

Neha
from Mumbai
13 years ago

well, I read the post and comment thread on Amit's blog; and my inputs are:

I recently bought a domain that resulted into a Zero google page rank..my Indirank which was "consistent" for last 6 months at 79; dropped to 73.. So I feel this factor should be taken into consideration..though I am happy that it at least moved :P let it be downwards :D

About this forum topic - what incentives I have in store from you people? I will decide my team accordingly :D

Neha
from Mumbai
13 years ago

and I know wrong place; but can anybody help with the badge? it looks weird on my blog and I m a tech illiterate..

Anik Ghosh
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

@Neha - It's also looking a bit odd in my blog. I could not align it to the center of the sidebar even after trying for half an hour. Can anyone help?

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@ Renie

I think Amit Bhavani is a big time loser! Man he never complained when he got 80+ rank and as soon as he drops he starts whining! Had he been a real critic he would have analyzed the Indirank the very first time, irrespective of his own Indirank.

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@ Neha

did I tell you you look gorgeous in black......or pink.......or brown.....or purple........or red.......or blue..........or green........or white........or orange.......or yellow..........Laughing

Manav Dhiman
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Addy @Neha Same here! Laughing

Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

it baffles me what competition does to mankind.The need for approval is so high that people forget to believe their own goodness, ability,capability - unless someone else reminds them or something ranks them.!

I think indirank has to be taken in the right spirit...lightly.

If someone is in disagreement,It s ok to unsubscribe, making personal jabs is in bad taste.

I think Renie you handled it gracefully.

making an objective comment or critique is fine too - if it can be resolved then great- if not - then move on.

if there is a majority who think ranking system needs to be stopped - then Indiblogger team can take a call. It s good to be politically correct - but sometimes you need to be direct.

It is impossible to measure 'quality' of a post -  I could have 100  4 liner crappy posts and be highest ranked or have 4 meaningful posts yet be lowest. and even if it were the reverse..it does not guarantee authenticity or completeness of a system,

if you look for a flaw - you 'll always find one...if you look for  a solution  there could be one.!Laughing so it is important to decide what are you looking for?

the closest one could get is by using a balance scorecard approach...mind you the buzz word here is closest. for scientific folks if I could draw a parallel - x always tends to 0 , x is never equal to 0, if you know what i mean...Cool

- so to Renie - there is only that much one can do - beyond it - I wouldn't worry if I were you.

- to all those unhappy ranking victims [sic] - please keep writing good posts - that's why you started to blog in the first place isn't it?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Thanks for the support people. Gyanban, well said! Smile

Savvy
Savvy
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Hey i'm in Renie's team. . . Sorry Addy can't stay away from Indirank for long. . Will try to make it up to u by some other possible way!

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Frown

other possible way.............join Team Addy! Smile

Sanchita
Sanchita
from United Kingdom
13 years ago

Hey Addy! Joining your team..

Although I have a feeling that Renie might win this challenge because of peer pressure (thanks to you and this post!), but still I would like to support you (that will be my contribution to the peer pressureInnocent).  

Also, as Renie himself says ".....as we’ve said on ourIndiRank page, no one should take our rank too seriously because..... :-)" , so if my rank reduces next month I will know why and will not take it seriously..Cool

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks for joining my team!! YAY!!! Laughing

Neha
Neha
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Now now Addy; that was some flattering..but I have to wait for Renie's response too..but you have set the bar very high :D

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

You're still undecided???

I'll give you a guest column on my blog!!! What say???

Neha
from Mumbai
13 years ago

until Renie has better incentives; I am on your side :P

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Atleast you're on my side as of now!!! And I'm glad for this! Laughing

Rachana Agarwal
Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
13 years ago

Hi Addy,

You have my good wishes but I am in Renie's team..:-)

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Frown

But thanks for the wishes! 

Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
13 years ago

:)

Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
13 years ago

Smile

Ritu Lalit
Ritu Lalit
from Faridabad
13 years ago

Arrey wah!  This is fun - thank goodness there is no IPL right now.  Am keenly following this thread and smartly sitting on the fence.  May the best man win.  Keep the jokes coming Addy

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks for liking my jokes! Smile

Tikulli
Tikulli
from Delhi
13 years ago

Interesting.  Cool.

I support the winning team. Go for it guys.

Anik's suggestion is worth considering Renie.

What kind of posts do bloggers love to comment on most? mine are lost in the corridors of time LOL..

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

So you're playing diplomatic! huh? Wink

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

The pressure mounts... I think I should start running our crawler now!

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Ha Ha Ha! That alcoholic crawler of yours? That gets into silly bar fights? Tongue out

You have a better chance of beating me if you send it first to AA. Then send it crawling into the WWW! Cool

Ritu Lalit
Ritu Lalit
from Faridabad
13 years ago

Guys do you all need a refree :P?

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Umm......well everyone can be referee here! Laughing

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Okay Ritu! You are the referee.....you say how fair is this? Release dates were on 20th (read the rules) and indirank releases on 15th! without warning!
Sanjay Uvach
Sanjay Uvach
from Patna
13 years ago

Whoever win, I am eagerly awaiting the May revision as my Page took a bad hit in April on account of Alexa. Don't think Alexa is credible source for blogs in India.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

He he he (insert evil laughter here)... Laughing

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

WOW! Renie thats not fair! You said 20th MAY!!! Surprised

Its not 20th yet!! It does not count! the rule said I can't crack a joke before 20th so technically you can't update before 20th! 

Not fair play! Yell

Zap!
from Hyderbad
13 years ago

that is dumb reasoning addy..:P

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Paz Why is it dumb?

I was tricked!!!

Kamal Hasa
Kamal Hasa
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Nice, you'll get a free T-shirt and Renie will get free advertisement !

Somebody's lost a T shirt!!

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Cry

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Damn it! My tshirt! Cry

Nalini Hebbar
Nalini Hebbar
from Nellore
13 years ago

Anything good will have people commenting...good as well as bad.

I think Renie is doing a great job of bringing so many people together...I would have been lost in cyberspace but for Indiblogger!

Way to go Renei!...and ofcoz criticism, +ve or -ve will only help you improve. 

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Addy, you lost it man!!! 

It came 5 days ahead of the schedule!

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

It was not fair! Yell

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Since the Indirank Came early this month the jokes are on Addy! So here is one...

Addy absused Indirank so much last time that she wanted that bar fight with Addy this time. Guess who won????   He he he...

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Tongue out

Well.......whatever

Ritu Lalit
Ritu Lalit
from Faridabad
13 years ago

LOLLLL Renee, this is sheer evil!  Addy whatsay we get together and bash him up?  BTW Renee upgraded my Indirank by one point.  Its 81 right now!  Thanks.  I luuuuuurve briberyWinkTongue out

Aldeena
Aldeena
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Awww...Addy you lost ur t-shirt n we lost your jokes! Tongue out 5 days ahead of time! I'm sure this was a conspiracy! CoolSurprisedhehe! Renie set u up!

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Now thats a stand for me! Smile Yes it is a conspiracy!!! Surprised

I was told that the bet starts from 20th!! I could have joked much before........but I played by the rules like an gentleman! Tongue out

1-20
21-23
LockSign in to reply to this thread