तुम blog दो, मैं आज़ादी दूंगा :-)

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

हाँ. आज़ादी संकीर्णता से. आज़ादी विचारों से.

Post your blog's link here, and I will help review it in a simple format, like

[The Good]

[The Bad]

[The "If you do this..."]

I am no expert. But if you like it, let's make it a team effort to do mutual reviews (no obligations).

Go on then, share it here budding writers... :-)

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: Shorten heading
1-20
21-21
Replies 1 to 20 of 21 Descending
Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

@Anik:

[The Good] You seem to have content that focuses on a wide variety of subjects. You also read other authors, which is one of the best ways to groom one's own writing skills.

[The Bad] Not really bad, but having a quick navigation widget into your older posts may help. May be like the blog archives, but more in a prominent place. Also, the text color was a bit faded on white-ish background, but may not be a bad thing. 

[The "If you do this..."] If you had broader, more in-depth reviews of the great books you read (I mean one post per review), it may really help to attract more readers.

And now it's your turn (if you like). My blog is: http://blog.shodhamitra.com/.

Keep up the good work:-)

Anik Ghosh
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

Thank you for the suggestions.

Can I do that tomorrow (Review you blog)?

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

@Abhi:

[The Good] Man, you can definitely put thoughts into words! Good job. I just glanced over two of your most recent posts (and will read more at leisure tonight), and they do seem grab my attention, so much so that I want to know all about what happened in the old posts. Plus you have the blog well organized, it doesn't look cluttered. I especially liked the 'Currently on Journeys' window, which gives the reader a glimpse into what it is that they are about to indulge themselves into. Good job.

[The Bad] Nothing really. Again, as a common advice, I would recommend recommend reading some of the off-late masterpieces, and then some contemporary ones. That, in my opinion, will broaden your skills into how to present a big picture interwoven with smaller curious acts. I am sure you may already be doing this. If yes, please continue. 

[The "If you do this..."] Nothing really. As you can see, there are people that you are touching already. Keep it up!

And now it's your turn (if you like). My blog is: http://blog.shodhamitra.com/.

Keep up the good work:-)

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

@Anik: Sure. Again, as I said before, it's not an obligation. I won't mind if you didn't do it too:-)

Maya Manzil
Maya Manzil
from Gurgaon
13 years ago
Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

@Maya:

Here are my notes:

[The Good] If you wrote all those shers and nazms, you've got talent! Also, I found it uniquely interesting that you scribe your work on pictures every time, it gives a context. 

[The Not So Good] Size of the images is a bit too big I thought for the screen. Even if you were to reduce them to half their size on each side, the words would still be legible. But that's a personal preference, if you wanted to do that or not.

[The "If you do this..."] If you match the font typeface of what's on the images and what's in the text, it may help bring uniformity to the blog.

Hope that helps, good luck, and keep up the good work! 

Maya Manzil
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

Thanks Prash,

I will try to do according to ur guide line.

Thanks for review of my blog, All stuff is mine, i love to write Motivational, inspirational Ghazals, Poems, Shayaris...............

Hi Prash,

I'll be happy to get my blogs reviewed by you. Here are the links:

1) Excel Matic - www.ExcelMatic.Dhakkanz.com2) Rishie' Nama - www.RishieNama.Dhakkanz.com

Hope to get a good feedback from you. Please be as candid as you can.

Mohit (aka) Rishie 

1) Excel Matic - www.ExcelMatic.Dhakkanz.com

2) Rishie' Nama - www.RishieNama.Dhakkanz.com

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

Hi Prash,

do review my blog too : http://swetatiwary.blogspot.com/

waiting to hear from you Smile

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Ye raha mera blog! Smile

The Addy Brainwave

http://addyrocks.blogspot.com

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

@Anik: Thanks. All good points. I will see how I can use them.

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

Rishie, Sweta, Manav, I will review your blogs next.

After that, I will review a maximum 2 blogs per day if there are anymore requests:-)

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

@Rishie: (re: ExcelMatic):

[The Good] Very professional looking theme. I liked the 'Featured' box for quick navigation. It also looks like you have a good following, esp. related to your tutorials/tips etc. Good job!

[The Not So Good] Nothing really. Seriously. It is well organized. The theme works good, no contrast issues. It;s not cluttered with ads either.

[The "If you do this..."] Well, not sure if it's my browser, but I cant see the main picture on the post "What is auto fill in microsoft excel?". Just check that one.

All in all, good job, keep it rolling!!!

P.S. I also looked at your other blog. And to be honest, didn't find any 'meaty' content there to review. I could only see links to other stories?? I may be wrong. But I do not want to give an unfair review, so chose not to do it.

Hey thanks Prash! 

Re: other blog (Risihe' Nama): I am not sure, if you actually got the right link, coz there are no links to 'other stories'. Also, that blog is new and I am currently only updating it with current progress on the 3G Auction that is going on in the Telecom world.

Just in case you want to visit it again - http://RishieNama.Dhakkanz.com

Mohit (aka) Rishie

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

@Sweta:

[The Good] Loved the blog title and the description:-) However, watch out for any sugarfree in real life that has aspartame as an ingredient, has horrible side effects:-) I also liked the theme, I thought it represents your literary stature aptly. I read through one post (part of a bigger story?). I liked the way to keep the reader engaged and invite them to come back to know more, neat:) And did I mention you can write? And that too very well?:-)

[The Not So Good] Again, this is a common point, so common that even I don't follow them at times. But since I noticed it, I will tell you. It's the lack of an apparent navigation widget. 

[The "If you do this..."] There's one navigation widget, but it's hidden all the way down. For a blog that has good stories, and that too in parts, it would help a new reader (first time visitor) to make it easy for them to find all the pieces of the story right away.

All in all, your blog is in top 10% of the blogs I have visited so far. Keep striving, you will be top 1% sometime soon:-)

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

Thanks a ton Prash Smile

will put the navigation widget towards top...

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

@Manav:

[The Good] I have to give credit for your age. You are only 15 yet you picked an effective template, AND your blog is not cluttered (hell I can learn somethings from you!:-). Good job. Your blogs do display your interest in writing. I foresee that your vocabulary and composition will only grow with time. Plus you also read other's books. Good job! 

[The Not So Good] I thought it would be easy to point out shortcomings. But I can't find any. And in all fairness, I do not want to comment on the content itself since that is very personal to the authors.

[The "If you do this..."] I don't think you need to change anything as yet. Your blog is pretty effective. Good luck, and keep it up buddy!

Manav Dhiman
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hey thanks buddy! It's surely an OMG moment for me! Wink

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

@Addy:

[The Good] The tagline: "what goes on in my mind, ppl dont have time to listen so i put it all down here!!!":-) 

[The Not So Good] at first I thought I will surely bring up the fact that you use chat slang and acronyms all over the place (e.g. people -> ppl), having read through at least one of your post, I think that is how you express yourself, so I won't ask you to change it. This is not about writing a perfect book, right? This is about writing what you feel like. So Carry on:-)

[The "If you do this..."] So now that we agree there is no issue with the content itself, it may just help to keep the font type face same for all the blog text. I saw it changing in one of the posts between paragraphs. And the other thing: you have good writing skills, use them to the best! See if you can use a theme that gives more space for the blog's column and less for the sidebar. (I am gonna try that too by the way after a recent comment).

There you have it. Great content, good following, and honesty. You have all the traits of being a famous blogger (which you probably already are to an extent I guess:-).

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

Wow. Thanks guys for participating in this thread! From now on, I will only review 1 blog a day, please. You may keep adding your blog details here, but I will get to them in the order they were requested.

Go on then....:-)

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

Ok, who's next?

Sachin Arya
Sachin Arya
from Pilani
13 years ago
Hi Prash, Here's my blog looking for some freedom... :) My Turf - www.sachinarya.wordpress.com Cheers, Sachin
Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

Abhishek, Sachin,

I will review your blogs next, in that order:-)

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

@Abhishek:

[The Good] The template is cool! I generally do not  comment on color choice etc. unless it makes the text hard to read. It works for me. I was also pleasantly surprised by your story crafting skills. I loved the flashback, and how you cerated suspense in Jeremy's world. Way to go, keep it up!!! Oh and did I mention I loved the picture you took on your CD trip in MP? Looks like a postcard:-)

[The Not So Good] I definitely found the content interesting. I am going to suggest a change in the color scheme to a more subtle one, but that's upto you. Also, using pictures/sketches in context of your stories may be a huge plus. Think about R K Laxman and R K Narayan duo for Malgudi Days;-)

[The "If you do this..."] Hmm. I was gonna advise you to start putting watermarks in the pictures you take. It's good to have credit text in the border. But still, why give someone a chance to download and use it without credit??

Keep it up!!!:-)

Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

There was a typo in the previous post. Read 'cerated' -> 'created'. (Perhaps I should start trusting the spell checker now:-).

Abhishek
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks man....

I'll look into the pictures thing

I totally agree on the watermark part I have to start doing it....

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
13 years ago

@Sachin:

[The Good] First of all I must say it was refreshing to read about contemporary issues other than IPL, movies, and politics on your blog. I liked the organization, it is not cluttered. I also liked the content (see my comment there).

[The Not So Good] Nothing specific. I did notice however that the background image in the title is very prominent. You may want to subtle it down and then re-upload.

Keep up the good work, good job!

Keep blogging!

1-20
21-21
LockSign in to reply to this thread