What motivates you more: Promote on Indiblogger or a comment on your post?

Karan Agrawal
Karan Agrawal
from Singapore
14 years ago

Dear All,

What motivates you more: Promote on Indiblogger or a comment on your post?

For me both are welcom, though a comment increases the probability that the post was read and well noticed!

Best regards,

Karan a

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Vasu
Vasu
from Basel, Switzerland
13 years ago

Dear Karan,

Good question!

To me, Indiblogger is a great peer community and any acknowledgement of your existence by the community (promotion of post, rank, reply on forum etc) is a good feeling.

But I write primarily to start a discussion and have a conversation. I am a very chatty person in real life, so this is an extension. And hence to me, a good comment on my blog is worth its weight in gold, over most other statistics :)

Cheers!

Vasu

Vasu
from Basel, Switzerland
13 years ago

Got to hand it to you Karan, as son as I left a reply, you were on my blog and left a comment....Mr. Blogging etiquette :)

Cheers!

Vasu

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

Hi Karan,

For me, prompt on indibloger or comment on blog, both gives me happiness.

But when asked to select only one, i will go with 'comments on my blog'.

As that gives me the feel that the reader went through the post completely, and there they tell what they liked and what they don't.

Shreya Sen
Shreya Sen
from Kolkata
13 years ago

now there's a trick question!well, it feels really nice to have your post promoted in IB but I definitely prefer comments.atleast those I can show off!:D

Karan Agrawal
from Singapore
13 years ago

Yeah you are right, if you share your blog outside blogger community, and if you have lot of comments, the first impression is like "Oh som many readers! He must be a good writer!"

The NRI
The NRI
from London
13 years ago
I think it depends on the comment. A simple "nice article" or "interesting" is not much different in terms of approval than a promote. Whereas a more constructive comment touching on the central themes of the post is an indication that your content is hitting the mark. Also it is more flattering when someone has taken time out of their day to compose a longer, more thoughtful comment.
Karan Agrawal
from Singapore
13 years ago

I agree with you completely!

Rachana Agarwal
Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
13 years ago

Karan,

For me comment on blog is really motivating. It means people are reading and givng honest comments. However, promotion of post on indivine is equally important as it increases readership.

Karan Agrawal
from Singapore
13 years ago

Yeah right. "Promote" does helps in increasing the visibility.

Karan Agrawal
Karan Agrawal
from Singapore
13 years ago

@Vasu, Yes buddy you are right... thnx for the witty reply!

Karan Agrawal
Karan Agrawal
from Singapore
13 years ago

@Muralidhar: We seem to in sync with the option...

Karan Agrawal
Karan Agrawal
from Singapore
13 years ago

@Sweta: Yeah a comment always gives a feeling, but doesnt guarantee that reader has actually devoted some time pondering. If a comment is one word like "Interesting" or "Awesome" etc... it still misses the point!

LockSign in to reply to this thread