How angry are you at Corruption?

Sanjay Uvach
Sanjay Uvach
from Patna
13 years ago

How angry does it make you to see Corruption every step of the way, to see that the Corrupt can easily go forward while the Honest struggle. How mad does it all make you? Share your thoughts and feelings.

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
The NRI
The NRI
from London
13 years ago

As an NRI who was not even born in India, it angers me. However, I often receive a defensive response from Indian friends and cousins who are not so comfortable with a "foreigner" casting judgement about their nation. They retort that corruption occurs everywhere, including in the UK where I live (quite true). Nevertheless I don't think that Indians should compare themselves with other countries. India's star is rising and in a few decades will have one of the world's most powerful economies. The only thing that can get in their ways is - Indians! Well corrupt ones anyway. Corruption is not just a pain in the neck as it was in days gone by when many considered India to be a developing country. It can now seriously hamper India's emergence as a serious global contender.

I applaud your commitment in running a blog that is dedicated to fighting for a corruption free India. One question. If this utopia is realised, what will you do in your spare time!

Himanshu
from Delhi
13 years ago

I agree with you 'NRI'!! Very well put up!

"The only thing that can get in their ways is - Indians!"

Regards

Keshav Saini
Keshav Saini
from Delhi
13 years ago

I believe corruption is the only obstacle in Vision 2020 that APJ abdul kalam had proposed. Right from the top to bottom of every government agency, corruption is the main hinderance. The latest example is the Commonwealth games where the actual budget has gone upto 10 times the proposed budget. The reason being corruption.

See my latest article The height of corruption in India that explores why we are bound to bribe the babus to get our little works done.

Sanjay Uvach
Sanjay Uvach
from Patna
13 years ago

Dear NRI,

Do appreciate your comments and concerns.

a) Corruption is everywhere arguement is lame because elsewhere Corruption is only present at higher levels, whereas in India it is present at all levels. Its impact thus in India is much more far reaching than the Corruption in developed countries.

b) I don't think Corruption Free India is a utopia. This dream has been substantially achieved by many countries big and small in the western world.

c) I do have many other interests apart from Anti-corruption such as Politics, Literature, Music that will keep me busy after this. If nothing else then I will gracefully retire with the satisfaction of nowing that there is better future for the generations to come.

LockSign in to reply to this thread