Exploring option to follow latest blog posts by Indiblogger connections

Vasu
Vasu
from Basel, Switzerland
13 years ago

Hi guys,

I have a suggestion for getting more out of indiblogger than we do today.

I have a set of people I am connected to as mutual connections, and they all blog on different platforms (Wordpress, BlogSpot etc).

I bookmark, follow, subscribe to most of these people’s blogs, but it’s not always easy to keep track.

While BlogSpot provide a Follow through Google connect option, so you can view their blog updates in a dashboard, Wordpress does not.

Some one wrote to me saying he liked my blog, and if I could put a friend connect widget. Unfortunately I can’t on Wordpress, and hence potentially lose readership. (For those who are interested in following my blog or any other on Wordpress, I would say the best option is to sign-up to receive blog updates by email)

And to follow other blogs, I have to sign in to Wordpress and blogger dashboard to check for latest postings. It’s not really that big a deal, but I can be lazy to do that sometimes!

I was wondering if it is possible to create a section in our indiblogger, which proves some sort of a dashboard view of the blog updates of our Mutual connections. So if X and I are mutual connections, he / she would see the latest blog posts by me in his dashboard and I would see theirs on mine.

A sample structure could be a table that captures the name of the person, latest blog link, update time etc and sorted by time.

In that way, I could use Indiblogger as my single source for keeping updated with latest blogs by people who I am connected with.

Are there any takers for this idea?

Renie: is this worth exploring?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!

Vasu

LockSign in to reply to this thread