Any Tumblrs on Indiblogger?

mOINKy
mOINKy
from Los Angeles
13 years ago

I am trying to install the Indiblogger badge & a few other widgets(flickr) on the right side of my blog. I need some help.

cheers

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I should be able to help, I use tumblr too. I checked your blog, it doesn't have a description?

mOINKy
mOINKy
from Los Angeles
13 years ago

Magali

You are what I was looking for. I need to add a lot of stuff on my blog but don't know how. 

Can we chat on google? or email? 

mainakdhar@gmail.com

cheers

Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi mOINKY,

Sent an email & added to gtalk but please be informed I hate IM so I hardly ever use it. As for tumblr, it's a cool platform but is all for minimalism, they're very backward when it comes to widgets. (If you like widgets a lot I suggest you switch to blogger or self hosted wordpress) Anyway, if you wanna add the IndiRank widget, just copy the code & paste it in the info/description section of your blog. That should do the trick.

If you need any more help then feel free to ask! Smile

mOINKy
mOINKy
from Los Angeles
13 years ago

I actually moved from Blogger this year. I like the look of Tumblr.

I have given up on Google to ever design anything good. That part of their brain does not work. 

Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Seriously? Yes I love tumblr for it's clean look but I gave up on them because there is no easy way to add widgets.

I am a blogger user. I agree it may not be 'upto the mark' in some areas but I find it has everything I need.

Also I don't think we can say that Google designs badly, because there are tons of third party templates that we can use very easily.

Abhinav Modi
Abhinav Modi
from Bangalore
13 years ago

tumblr is good for microblogs - something between twitter and a full blown blog. I find it difficult to use for full-fledged blogging.

Another thing - its comment system (disqus) is damn slow.

Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I use Disqus on my Blogger blog Wink

mOINKy
mOINKy
from Los Angeles
13 years ago

Magali 

Can you gimme one example of a great design by Google where the UI is better than any competitor?

Just look at their Google Reader. Everything looks like a less ugly cousin of that. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread