Indivine - Regulate posts per blogger?

Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Recently, when I found some additional time to blog hop, I decided to go into the latter pages of Indivine..and to my surprise I came across some really wonderful posts.But these were from bloggers who contributed in lesser frequency.These posts were pushed back by a deluge of multiple posts of some bloggers!

As a result these posts/bloggers run the risk of being not discovered by a larger audience.This is not good - everybody deserves an equal amount of airtime/eyeballs for the 48hours their post is live on Indivine.

Lesser frequency of posting does not mean lesser quality.Instead of having 50 meaningless posts per day just to grab eyeballs,I'd rather want to see more variety of meaningful posts.

There are some bloggers who blog by the hour and some by the day and some who only  or rather mostly get time during  or around weekends.There the chances are high that these posts get ignored by most people - as most people just look at the 48hrs or the latest tab on indivine to check out some new posts.

My request - to regulate the number of posts per blogger per day.So that not only do we get to see more number of bloggers,but also a variety of posts.

What do you guys think?

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: typo edited
1-20
21-25
Replies 1 to 20 of 25 Descending
The NRI
The NRI
from London
13 years ago

Gyanban, you raise an interesting point. The practice of "flooding" Indivine with multiple posts also does not benefit the poster. It risks alienating readers and is more likely to lead to less votes per post. Recently I came across a series of posts published near enough simultaneously by the same author. I liked one post and gave it a vote. However, I did not feel inclined to vote for any of the others (even if I liked them) as I felt I had already voted for the blogger.

Witty Jester
Witty Jester
from Pune
13 years ago

Totally agreed,indivine is not a place to dump all your blogposts in one go,it was created to share great content among the blogging fraternity,so there must be a limit on the number of posts by a user on some parameter.

The NRI
The NRI
from London
13 years ago

KC you are right that frequency does not correlate to quality. Quality is very much subjective in any event. What we are discussing is the fine tuning of a platform to give all bloggers a fair crack. Posting frequency is something that can easily be adjusted, even if that does not apply to quality.

On your last point, the prolific blogger has a brilliant opportunity to showcase all their posts - on their own blog! So if they put a sample of their quality work on Indivine, people like me will click on their blog for more as well as posting comments. That's less likely to happen if they bombard Indivine with all their content.

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I wrote a mail to Renie for implementing this long back... Looks like he is not intended in doing that.

Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

I am not sure  if the definition of Indivine is the same for all people - 

Well if there is assumption both ways then separate the platforms.

Why not have one forum for bulk bloggers and one for single post bloggers or less frequent bloggers. That way no one misses out and everyone gets to have his say...

What do you guys think?

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I think the best way to get a fix for this is by abusing the system until the admins wake up.

Sabyasachi Patra
Sabyasachi Patra
from New Delhi
13 years ago

I agree with this suggestion. People should be allowed one post per day. Even one every 48 hours would be good. That would ensure quality stuff to be displayed. 

Cavin
from Chennai
13 years ago

One post per day is good. There are few bloggers who post everyday. Also the voting frequency should be checked.

Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Why not take a poll ? 

1. Option  = let it be as it is..
  2. Option  =  separate tabs for bulk bloggers.
  3. Option =  regulate post flow.
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Cavin
from Chennai
13 years ago

# 3

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
13 years ago

my vote for option # 3

The moderators might have allowed multiple posts now, since Indivine is in the initial stages, it needs to have more posts. If restrictions are in place now itself, it might lead to very few number of indivine entries. This restriction might be imposed once Indivine contains a good number of posts.

Neverthless Indivine is a very good feature in Indiblogger.

Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Though a small sample crowd here, it seems option 3 is best.

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

You didn't reveal your option though!

Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

isn't that obvious my friend?  The whole point of this post.

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Just wanted to make it explicit :)

The NRI
The NRI
from London
13 years ago
I would be happy with 3
Riyaz Usman
Riyaz Usman
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Option 3. Definitely.

Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Another weekend..yet another flurry of posts by a single author...sigh.

Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Renie - this really needs to be looked into mate. Indivine is flooded again.

It just defeats the purpose.When will the Indiblogger team moderate this kind of a behavior?

I am sorry to say this is very irritating. 

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

As per this - http://twitter.com/indiblogger/status/14390063862, Renie is aware of the issue and looking to clean it up soon.

Rachana Agarwal
Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
13 years ago

I agree with KC. I write everyday and post on indivine. No one wants to write anything of inferior quality just to get numbers. However, I support any measure for improvement of this great fetaure of indiblogger. I really hope that regulating post flow will help all bloggers.

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I agree!

Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

I think the point is to post your best post - not your every single post.

Yes one can argue that every single post is your best post...in which case we need to have a separate forum for everyday bloggers.

But for most people,who cannot afford to find that time to post every hour or every day, they need to have a separate forum.

Simple...everyone is happy then.

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Gyanban - so are you suggesting a split of indivine into 2 categories? Well, what is the guarantee that people wont abuse? Spammers will spammeth anyways!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Posting to IndiVine restricted to 2 posts per 24 hours. Muchas Gracias for all the feedback and suggestions. Please test and let us know if you see any issues! Smile

Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Bienvenida!!

This is a fantastic move Renie.Much appreciated.Smile Truly.

Cheers.

GB

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Cheers bro. Smile

Mohan - Appreciate the light behind-kicking you gave us on twitter to get this done fast! Smile

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Glad you got to the bottom of it so soon. Also, it is our pleasure to help the fellow bloggers to get a better exposure!

I am in support of this move, however am disappointed with the restricted number, Renie I have 2 blogs registered here on Indiblogger and would have thought that 2 posts per blog would have been awesome. 

Can you please look into it .. please ..... please 

Arif
Arif
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Great work Gyan, you've brought up an important point and now we have some solutions too. Kudos!

Lalit Singh Chowdhary
Lalit Singh Chowdhary
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

My heart reaches out all the people who have been affected by new traffic rules. I think it is most unfortunate such a loss of creative outflow being restricted by "samaj ke thekedaars"...

Not a single person has come out in open to fight for the oppressed. I suggest that the affected people should create at least different Accounts and Submit 10 articles under different Avatars. God bless the democracy on Internet Laughing

Vijay (Amitabh Bachhan) 

Parth J Dave
Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank You, Renie for your prompt action! Highly appreciated! Smile

Also, at the same time, what about those quality posts that are still languishing under those heaps of archives? A lot of effort must have gone into that, and it is unfair that they have got eclipsed by other IndiVine entries.

I have a suggestion - why don't we randomly highlight 5 posts from the archives for 24 hours. These posts can be replaced every 24 hours, thus giving variety to bloggers and readers alike. This tab can set up on the top, so that people take notice and olden and golden pearls of writing get some exposure. I think I had mentioned about this suggestion in one of our earlier discussions, Renie.

What do you think, IndiBloggers about this idea? Why not highlight some archival gold?

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

that is a nice idea Parth!

Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Yup something like a blast from the past - Indipast?

It would be interesting to see stuff like the first post on Indivine, or the first post to reach 50 votes or some derivatives thereof.A random selection from the Indivine sub headers - like short stories,poetry, self improvement etc etc.

It will give some of the long lost posts a new run.Maybe some bloggers who'd left would join back.

Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Very interesting idea, Gyanban. Hope Renie takes notice...!

1-20
21-25
LockSign in to reply to this thread