Lets make the hit counter ticking

Witty Jester
Witty Jester
from Pune
13 years ago

Its really frustrating when you spend hours,even days to compile  awesome content but only a handful of people do appreciate the hard work,so its really necessary for us bloggers to have a constant inflow of readers(loyal).Targetted traffic is  difficult to obtain,I have a four month old blog and with a monthly hit rate of 15,000 which I think is quite decent.No doubt that for a loyal reader base you need to have quality content but there is so much good stuff on the net that you need to be noticed in the crowd.So here I share the steps I implemented to be noticed.

Using digg,stumbleupon and other social content distribution sites are preety good options,but the problem with these sites are the more active and interactive you are with the community the better are your chances of visibility.

Commenting on blogs of your niche is really important because its here that you do get noticed by the audience you are aiming at,but do not comment for the heck of it,and please do not spam ever.

Being a part of forum and interacting with the community helps, more than any other (atleast for me),so be a genuine contributor to the community and reap the benefits.

If you have decent links to your blog,you might be picked up by the search engines which is pretty important because search engines channels people who are genuinely searching for stuff.

Have a facebook page for your blog,my facebook fan page which has around 400 members also give me daily constant traffic.

Twitter is the new hip traffic puller,my 4200 odd followers do bring me decent traffic,so work on increasing your followers and just watch the hit counter ticking.

Blogrolling helps,being featured on others blog is one of the better things that can happen to your blog(hey why not blogroll me and i will return the favour leave a comment here)

Have a RSS feed because the more tech savvy of your readers prefer that and higher number of suscribers gives your blog a credibility.

The above strategies will give you the intial push but if you want loyal readership write great stuff and enjoy blogging.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Witty Jester
Witty Jester
from Pune
13 years ago

Never heard of it!!!would like to explain it to us

Witty Jester
Witty Jester
from Pune
13 years ago

Oh yea got it sry did not see the link earlier!!!Nice

Pretty straight forward points, worth a go. My blog currently gets about 1500 hits a month. I do most things but can't work on all dedicatedly. Can you tell me of the trick that will get you hits the quickest?

Witty Jester
Witty Jester
from Pune
13 years ago

Yours is a personal opinion blog which has been on the block for quite sometime,inspite of tge quality of your content your readership is quite not up to par,a chunk of traffic in opinion blogs are fellow bloggers,so if you are not a part of the blogger fraternity it would be tough to attract traffic,you have to regulary visit and comment on the more popular blogs of your niche,which will give your blog more visibilty.Readership is not bulit overnight, it is a very gradual process,and trust me once you start genuinely contributing to the community you will reap traffic.So keep  up the good content but start interacting,indiblogger is a great place for that ;)

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Interesting! I have a traffic of about ~1800 page visits a day with about  ~1000 unique visitors. That sums up to 54,000 page views a month! What I have learned from my experience is that excessive self promotion is very bad on social media. People tend to get fed up and go away or simply ignore. So, use them very sparingly...

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

I agree completely. Excessive self promotion hurts. It should be done when you feel you are not getting the views you deserve.

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Witty Jester, a lot of blogs on blogging tips would've put up your thoughts as a separate post! I fact, many have! You should send this page as a guest post to the ones who haven't. Money mouth

LockSign in to reply to this thread