Is anyone a fan of ABBA or any other good ol' band here?

Swetha
Swetha
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

I'm lookin for a blog on music bands, ABBA especially.... Do tell if you have written one.

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: Needed
Replies 1 to 16 of 16 Descending
Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

Sorry never heard of that band before, where is it from?

Build Muscle Burn Fat

Swetha
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

Hmmm... That's strange. Have you seen this movie "Mamma Mia!" featuring Pierce Brosnan and Meryl Streep? It's a musical drama and all the songs were ABBA's. It's a Swedish band that was extremely popular during the 70s.

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

I have seen that movie.

A lot of old guys and a old women. All think that they are the father of the girl. Cool

Build Muscle Burn Fat

Swetha
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

yeah, the songs were theirs, I mean a rendition of ABBA's songs by the cast themselves.... Well, I guess ABBA isn't xtremely popular here since I got only one reply...

thanks abhi.....

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

You are wlecome madam Swetha.Ihave just seen Sweta's before, your name seems to be spelt in a special way. Any reasons for that ?

Build Muscle Burn Fat

Swetha
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

I'm from TN, perhaps that's why

Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I love ABBA! They were probably the second band I listened to as a kid (Michael Jackson was the first). I know almost all their songs by heart. I haven't written a post on them though. And I didn't have any of their songs on my comp as it's new, but you just reminded me! Ripping their CDs right now.

Swetha
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

Hey,

I'm glad that I've got company. What's your fav single?

Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

By ABBA or by anyone?

Swetha
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

What's ur fav single? and yes from ABBA too?

Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Super Trouper is good... The Winer takes is all is very emotional. But I think Thanks You For The Music is my fave, it just says so much.

Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Oops I just noticed the typo I meant *winner

Shreya Sen
Shreya Sen
from Kolkata
13 years ago

No I don't blog on ABBA but I OMIGOSHILY adore them! My favorite songs are Fernando, Dancing Queen, Mama Mia and one that I'd dedicate to them any day-Thank You for the Music!

Swetha
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

Hey,

Wow, I love those songs too. Great to know I've got company.. Thanks

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Swetha, what are the other good ol' bands you had in mind besides Abba?

Swetha
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

Hmmm, I have heard singles by the Beatles, Mamas and the Papas, music from the 80's like Chris De Burgh's, MJ and 90's like Ace of Base.  I don't like the current stuff much...

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

@Swetha

So it is actually a favorite of so many people. I am ashamed I never herd of it before. Will do some more research about it.

Build Muscle Burn Fat

Anurag Yelkur
Anurag Yelkur
from Delhi
13 years ago

Abba is a bit girly for my tastes... but I do love Pink Floyd, the Beatles, led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Aerosmith.

Websnacker
Websnacker
from New York
13 years ago

I am a Music blogger and you can find plenty of music reviews and downloads on my blog. You just might like it!

http://websnacker.blogspot.com

Ana
Ana
from Someplace Nice
13 years ago

Abba ofcourse, is a very feel good band... They even depict their sad songs in fast paces to not delve too much into the melancholic lyrics. Most of us bow down to The Beatles for their versatility in music. However, I personally think, Floyd, Guns'n'Roses, The Pretenders, The Eagles, The Bee Gees and Simon and Garfunkel cut a new niche in classic music. My all time favourite being Porcupine Tree.

If you do like soft music with great lyrics, tune into Damien Rice and John Mayer. One Acoustic guitar and some great tunes. 

Music kept simple sounds like music. Otherwise, it just sounds like noise.

Swetha
Swetha
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

Hey thanks everyone... I got what I needed. I'm glad that I found so many people into such good music!! Cool

pria
pria
from world
13 years ago

Ther can be no one not knowing them including Boney M. The best bands of all:))

Check  out this blog who writes about it - http://thankyouabba.blogspot.com/

Swetha
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

Well, thank u.. It was amazing

jayan
jayan
from chennai
13 years ago

u coconuts, they are like a kindergarden band.......but ust becoz its in english its cool rite?

Swetha
from Coimbatore
13 years ago

Ahem... perhaps I'm a coconut but not the only one in the tree!! ABBA has a huge fan- following base including teenagers like me....

Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Jayan are you serious? Surprised

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

@Jayan

""u coconuts, they are like a kindergarden band"""

HoHoHoHo, Foot in mouth

Be ready with your crash cap on, A lot of people seem to like them.(Though I do not.)Injection Molding Troubleshooting

Pavan Kulkarni
Pavan Kulkarni
from Bangalore
13 years ago

BEATLES all the way!!! Hi-fives to all Beatles fans here :D

I have to admit I like Abba too, though they r considered girly :P

LockSign in to reply to this thread