Are we blogging for quick bucks ?? where's " SHARING WHAT WE KNOW " !!

prannoy bhatia
prannoy bhatia
from warangal
13 years ago

You may think that i consider myself as a self proclaimed critique , but i am not.

The reason why i bring up this issue on the forum is that i see many people , blogging , to earn few dollars , publicizing various products , advertising on their blog , more than they actually " BLOG ".

These people join various blogging communities , groups , various bloggers sites etc etc , to increase their alexa rank or some other rank which i dont know about , so that they can get advertisements . better ADS . many ads . ADS , which pay them few cents only if the " LINK " get clicked enough .

There are many people , who blog to earn those "few dollars " , they publicize the company , or their product . But , they get those " few dollars " only if they get a deal from YOU or there's more traffic coming from your blog toward their site , thereby increasing their sales . and well what you get in return from that huge favour is those "few dollars " .

well , i am NOT saying here that "blogging to earn " is BAD . if thats what you got by reading this post , then i am failed in my true motive , for which i posted this .

Its good , really appreciable if you can earn from blogging , i may do the same thing in the future . BUT , not at the cost of your valuable , precious TIME .

What i really wanted to say is that when you blog , you do give it your time . like , i took some time writing this post . so , when you get an ad , which promises you " few dollars " for x number of clicks on their ad , then you spend your time publicizing it , posting it in different ways , promoting them on you blogs , site , and your friends blogs too . all this occupies your time . it becomes an obsession too , for some people . earning those " few dollars " . BUT the sad part is , that you get those dollars if your ad gets enough CLICKS .

so , when you promote the company's product , which promises to give you those dollars for selling their product , you may get it . you may get those dollars . but at what cost . you spend your valuable time publicizing it , the company earns from your publicity. you definetely get those dollars , but the deal comes out to be very profitable for the company . they earn ranging from hundred to thousand dollars !!

yeah , thats a fact . i know , you must be already aware of that . BUT , unfortunately , we still do it . The essence of TRUE BLOGGING is lost nowadays . Blogging is meant to be sharing what you know or what you want to share with the people .

you could have saved that time of yours , by making improvement in your career , relationship , LIFE  , instead of promoting that company , that too for those " few dollars " . 

well , today there are many full time bloggers too , who earn their bread n butter through blogging . well , i dont hold anything against them and i wish they continue to earn more in the future . my best wishes for them .

BUT not everyone earn their living from BLOGGING , not you and me !!

so , save that time of yours , and put that in something useful . to improve your LIFE

and also blog what you want to blog about , share what YOU want to share .

lastly , i would like to add that you may earn those dollars , maybe not . but if you earn someone's good will from blogging , its worth it .Tommorow , those dollars may disappear ( you may spend it publicizing your blog ) , but the true good will ( the GOOD WILL )  never disappear.

It always stays with you . ALWAYS .

SO , KEEP BLOGGING , KEEP SHARING AND STAY INSPIRED .

cheers to life !!

:)

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: few corrections
Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

PrannoyI dont know what age grooup you belong to. But most of the people in 20's and 30's see the work they do as a source of some type of benefit for them financially as well.

I do not see any wrong in promoting some products as well, as long as our blog content is good too.

What problem do you have with that?

Build Muscle Burn Fat

prannoy bhatia
prannoy bhatia
from warangal
13 years ago

no problem .

just take a look at it .

http://shareandinspire7.blogspot.com/

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

Prannoy, relax man.We don't want an ethical blogger of this community die of high BP or something! 

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

It's good that you point out this issue. I believe that only publicizing will definitely have a negative impact on the reader. So, just chill!

Cheers.

Hemanth Kumar
Hemanth Kumar
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Dont Blog for Bucks, I am blogging as I am passionate about, Give your readers what you know, Guide them, Educate them, Entertaine them... They will follow your blog, and $$$ follow you.

Just Blog with Passion.

Hemanth

http://technified.net

prannoy bhatia
from warangal
13 years ago

Thats the most relevant comment hemanth... i agree with you totally . blog with passion , other things will follow..

good thought.

Kushal Sinha
Kushal Sinha
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Prannoy, guys who are into blogging for monetary benefits are not bloggers. ASk them if they have heard of Blogologues or what they exactly perceive of the term 'Blog'. Blogs are precious anecdotes of an different layers of the Human mind. It's a boon to all my fellow bloggers. Just ignore the comments of those who are supporting blogs for making money. There are other forums for that. If one is intelligient enough, then they can go for promoting their business on some popular search engines, and leave the blog platform.

Hi Prannoy, I understand your feelings but it seems not so logical. Your though is like from an old school where we should do all our karma for free. I think you are still unaware of the concept of professional blogging. For many educated tech minded youngsters blogging is an alternate career. If you are not willing to work in a tight schedule where  you should report at 9 am at your office(where you are getting salary in compensation to the huge profit you generate for your company) and if you are lucky you can come back before 9pm, you should think about an alternate source of income.  Blogging is our passion I know for most of us, blogging is a passion. Do you know when a man can say he is successful in his career or life? It happen  When  his passion turns to his career . So if my passion/hobby can generate enough income, why should I avoid that chance. It is not going to hurt me anyway as I am still a blogger where if I am lucky I can be a full time blogger and hopefully leave my regular job :) .   Traffic is everything  In today's Internet world it is not the dump Alexa rank or Page Rank which determine the success of a blog. It is traffic. If we analyse carefully we can see the equation "traffic is directly proportional to income". If you have a successful high traffic blog, advertisers will contact you.  There are many ways to monetize your blog other than the affiliated programs where they need your user buy the product.

prannoy bhatia
prannoy bhatia
from warangal
13 years ago

@george :

hey george , i really appreciate your taking time and writing full thesis on " how to earn from you blog " .

but , if you have read my topic correctly and completely, then you wouldnt write the above lines.

i clearly mentioned :" its good if somebody can earn from blogging " . i dont have any objections with that .  and i am totally aware of  "concept of professional blogging".

my whole point for this discussion was " ethical blogging " and to point out the fact that

blogging takes time . and to make your page rank(as you said ) higher , you gotta put in lot of effort. so , if blogging is not the person's passion or if its not the major source of income of the peson , then he may be wasting quite a lot of his precious time . 

thats all what i meant . 

so , cheers to you , and hope you earn more from your passion .. all the best :)

Hi Prannoy, [quote]my whole point for this discussion was " ethical blogging " and to point out the fact that[/quote] Ethical blogging never deny the monetizing opportunity. As long as you are keeping your blog as your passion, it is ethical. Let us say how writers publish their works and earn royalty. It is ethical.  [quote], if blogging is not the person's passion or if its not the major source of income of the person , then he may be wasting quite a lot of his precious time . [/quote] You are absolutely right. If blogging is not one's passion, he cannot earn anything from it. For every success = Time + Passion + Capital ---  Without passion none can achieve success.

prannoy bhatia
prannoy bhatia
from warangal
13 years ago

lol.. so finally we agree with each other .. thats good .. :)

bloggers rock !!   :)

PB

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

^^^

See, your above post is testimony to why I didn't even take you seriously.

prannoy bhatia
prannoy bhatia
from warangal
13 years ago

well , i dont understand you mr. nishant .

wierd reply( yet again ) you have posted to the forum ..

still , i would say ,  keep blogging :) .. hope you get to your readers clearly on upyourtwice blog ( ???? ) ..

all the best nishant ..

PB

Niranjana.S
Niranjana.S
from chennai
13 years ago

yup i agree we should blog for the passion we have towards writing and sharing what little we know. well that's what i'm doing. and nothing makes bloggers more happy than being appreciated for their work. that's more than the money they earn. that's my view point and if anyone choses to disagree i'm ok. Smile

cheers!

niranjana :)

http://civilprincess.blogspot.com/

prannoy bhatia
prannoy bhatia
from warangal
13 years ago

well niranjana , its bit unusual but you are the very first person till now , who got across with what i had to say . you understood exactly what i wanted to convey .

thanx for that.. we( bloggers) , all want this same thing , to be understood and to be appreciated .

keep blogging ... all the best :)

PB

Amit Ahuja
Amit Ahuja
from Sagar
13 years ago

Let me tell all the bloggers one thing. If you are getting a click on ad through a direct visit or through a refered site, then you are making just a few cents only like .04, .02 or .08 and there is an end to it. You will hate promoting your blog through ads and placing links at other places. To the other side, if you blog contains good content, which is written carefully keeping the most searched keywords in mind attracts search engines, and if you get a click on ad through search engine, you get .40, .60 and even $1.24 sort of revenue. So, my suggestion is, monetizing a blog is not a bad thing, but monetizing it smartly is a proper way to do it. My blog is totally based on search engines and I just had focus to write good content everytime. It will take some time, but patience is the master of all.

My blog Url: http://www.thefundu.com

facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/vikki237

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yeah. Amit did put the message pretty nicely.

LockSign in to reply to this thread