Help in migrating to custom Domain...!

Himanshu
Himanshu
from Delhi
13 years ago

Hey Friends,

I blog at http://hshekhar.blogspot.com  and now I have decided to go for custom domain for my blog. But sadly i do not know anything about this stuff. I have a few querries... I am sure many bloggers here have done it before and am hoping for replies!

1. How much would it cost in totality including hosting, domain, miscellaneous etc.?

2. I use blogger because it is very simple and i don't have to take care of anything other than my posts. Would it be the same on custom domains?

3. Does blogger have an option like WP to opt for cutom domain? if yes, which one is better?

4, Would it help me in monetization and SEO of my blog?

Regards

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Witty Jester
Witty Jester
from Pune
13 years ago

Hey nice that you are considering a custom domain,I had similiar doubts ,hope you will find your answers in this thread http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=5207

Himanshu
from Delhi
13 years ago

Hey Witty!

Thanks for directing me there! Dnt know how did i miss that!

Anyways, did u take a custom domain? If yes, which one?

Regards

Witty Jester
from Pune
13 years ago

Hey my pleasure...I am lazy enough to do it,but i am currently on blogspot,so i plan to host on the same platform(coz its free) and get a cutsom domain through any site,even blogspot offers domain names check out your dashboard settings .....

Himanshu
Himanshu
from Delhi
13 years ago

Hey guys,

I just bought a domain at godaddy. But when i try to redirect my blogspot blog there, it doesn't open..!

Any suggestions?

Zap!
from Hyderbad
13 years ago

It takes time to redirect to the new custom domain,I made the move about a month ago,had the same problem for a couple of days ,now everything is fine !

Himanshu
from Delhi
13 years ago

Thanks Prajeeth!

Actually, i had bought the domain yesterday. I could not configure the DNS properly. Just did it and all is fine!!

Yippeee!!

I now blog at www.himanshushekhar.com

Witty Jester
from Pune
13 years ago

hey now I have a question :).....Will the page rank be transferred to the custom domain too ??

LockSign in to reply to this thread