How about an Undo button for votes and edit for posts submitted

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I am sure whether I am ignorant of this fact or these options are unavailable. Today as I was surfing Indiblogger along with facebook, I clicked on a vote button by mistake. But there was no way I could correct it or no way for me to read the blog and appreciate it Embarassedeither because it was in language I cannot read. How about an undo button for mistakes like this?

Also sometimes while submitting posts to indivine I make some mistakes which comes to my notice much later and embarasses me but I do not know how to correct that mistake either.

Any suggestions and help?

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Good enhancement suggestion. 

Sushma Harish
Sushma Harish
from Doha / Bangalore
12 years ago

Farida, This is a good idea. I have had trouble with typos as I type with my little mobile phone  at times!!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

You can always recheck what you have typed. Right? It all takes a minute more.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Editing IndiVine submissions is a good idea but when it comes to votes, it isn't the one that will make IndiBlogger better.

If at all there is an undo button for posts then indiVine will become like twitter:

A votes for B with a hope that B will vote back. If he doesn't A takes back his vote.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Ranjith The thread is 1 yr old. At that time, It was just 'Promote post' as opposed to 'View post to promote' that we see in Indivine today. So the chances of such mistakes that @Faridaji is talking about was much more likely then. I dont think it can happen now.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

If not edit, there can at least be a preview like thing before the post goes live in Indivine.

Why? In the real beauty contest, I had inserted a '+' sign in the description. It was not a typo. Still, the description came out without the '+' sign? It's ok if indivine doesn't take these spl characters but there should be a error message stating this to that blogger. I feel The preview thing will help sort many things out.

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I agree with you Arti. I am more careful now before clicking the submit button but even then at times something escapes my eye until I click the submit button Tongue out. As for the voting, you are right. It was a time when we clicked and vote got registered. I love the present option much better. 

I vote for your preview suggestion.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

This is a good suggestion indeed and we will surely look into it! 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yep, the present system almost eliminates the probability of vote-by-chance. And Thanks for the vote, Faridaji:-)
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Vineet, thats a nice step :-)

LockSign in to reply to this thread