To install Wordpress plugin

Loganathan
Loganathan
from Chennai
13 years ago

I've been looking to install plugins in my wordpress blog.

I was searching for it and found this link http://urbangiraffe.com/articles/how-to-install-a-wordpress-plugin/

This link shows Plugins tab in admin dashboard. I do not see any Plugins tab in my admin console. Should I upgrade my wordpress account to install wordpress plugins.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Loganathan, you have a wordpress.com blog which means you have limited access to things. If you wish to install plugins of your choice and customize with scripts, you need to have a premium account or self hosted blog.

Loganathan
from Chennai
13 years ago

Hey Mohan, Thanks for the info. I'm in no mood to fiddle with my current blog. I've a plan to start a new blog and may have it self hosted. I would like to try these plugins on the new blog

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

Loganathan

Mohan is correct. You cannot install wordpress.com sites with plugins. Plugins can be used when you intall a self hosted wordpress site. For that you need to download the wordpress package, latest stable version being wordpress 2.92. Install it onto your hosting and you are good to go. If you are really intersted in it, let me know. There are methods to do this all for free, i.e., domain name and hosting.

Fat loss and muscle building tips for lazy

Loganathan
from Chennai
13 years ago

Hey Abinav, Thanks for the info. I'm in no mood to fiddle with my current blog. I've a plan to start a new blog and may have it self hosted. I would like to try these plugins on the new blog. Domain name and hosting for free looks like a good deal. Will definitely ping you when I start my new blog.

LockSign in to reply to this thread