Indiblogger network....I dont want to be on this particular blogger's network!

Is there any way I can restrict/remove a particular blogger from adding me to his

network?

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: grammatical error
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I don't think its possible. But why would you wanna do that? Its way different from "adding as friend" on FB!

Loganathan
Loganathan
from Chennai
13 years ago

This forum is different from social networking sites. As bloggers, we blog for others to express our views and our views are open to all to be read. As blogger, you wouldn't want to restrict someone from reading your blog. If someone adds your blog to his/her network, it is just like the someone has bookmarked your blog. If you like that particular someone's blog, you can add too.. Then it becomes mutual.. This is so different from social networking sites where people can bug you once added in network.. Probably that is the reason why we don't have anything like IndiChat yet..

Cheers,

Loga

Hi Addy and Loga

This is not about a "friendship" or "bookmarking" thing. As a blogger, I am more than happy to be read, BUT as a woman , I don't want to be open to private messages , from an unsavoury character like this one. Frankly , I am quite surprised that he has a valid indiblogger rank !

See for yourself, and tell me , shouldn't I have the right to stop guys like this from adding me on their network?

http://www.mitul2010.blogspot.com

Should he even have been allowed to join indiblogger? Renie , please help me.

Shashank
from New Delhi
13 years ago

I'm surprised that this blog was accepted in IndiBlogger. I thought that each blog is manually checked before being accepted. I think that blog qualifies as "adult content" and I don't think such blogs are allowed around here.

Renie can look into it.

I'm sure each blog is checked when added. But one can, afterwards, change his/her blog url, or even start posting vulgar stuff after the initial show-piece has been approved. This is hard to stop.

Monishikha's suggestion is better. One should be allowed to block a person from sending personal messages.

Lokesh Mudgal
Lokesh Mudgal
from Delhi
13 years ago

Think I second her opinion.. or may be forth.. ;)

Hey drop a PM to moderator.. it would be then easy for him to block this man..

Abhishek Bhardwaj
Abhishek Bhardwaj
from Meerut
13 years ago

but how could one send a private message to you if you both are not following mutually ?

Shashank & Raja ,

Thank you for your support.

Lokesh,

As soon as I have the time to work out  find out how to PM a moderator, I will. Thanks for your suggestion.

Abhishek,

It's definitely NOT  a mutual connection. If you read my original query, you'll see that I don't want him or others like him to be able to add me on their network.Also, are you sure he can't send me a private message by simply adding me to his network?

In any case, I wish Indiblogger had better screening procedures.

Loganathan
from Chennai
13 years ago

I agree with you after looking at his blog. He will not be able to send you private message though. one can send private messages only if the connection is mutual. We should probably have automated checking of blogs for compliance everytime IndiRank is updated. If non compliance of any blog is found, the forum shall ban those blogs.

Cheers,

Loga

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Mods have taken notice. Blog rejected and blogger banned (with a vengeance). Our sincere apologies, no idea how this got through. I suppose we do need to review blogs on a regular basis or have some kind of keyword scanner along with IndiRank.

Monishika, I see where you're coming from. You see a mail saying someone has added you, so you check his blog and you see disturbing stuff - doesn't really help the IndiBlogger experience! Embarassed Really sorry this happened, and I'll make sure this is resolved quickly so it doesn't happen again.

By the way, the contact support link in the footer has a form which you can use to PM our team.

Loga,

You have a good idea there!

Renie,

Thanks for your prompt response, and I've managed to send you a mail from the "contact support " link. After you pointed it out, I had a little trouble trying to kick myself, given that Im not so physically flexible, but I settled for a mental kick!

LockSign in to reply to this thread