WHY DO YOU BLOG ?

Hello fellow blogger pals!!

First, its wonderful to be amongst you all. Indiblogger rocks!!

Now about the topic.  I was wondering Why do we like to blog ? What makes us write articles, poem, reviews and pictures and receipes and all ?

For me, blogging means expression, speaking out, pouring my heart and soul out and connecting with people like me, finding people who are passionate about expression, and then interacting with them and getting some genuine comments and feed backs.  Blogging is therapy for me.  It has made me a happier person deep within.

What's your story? Is it passion for expression, fame by getting the "blogger of the month award", getting more promotions to posts, better connections and else making money by adsense etc?  What is it that draws u to this world of blogging ?  We are no bigwigs whom the whole nation wants to read, we are no famous bollywood actors, who will make the people swoon.... then what is it that made u create and then go whole hog doing templates, widegets and regular posts... to your blog?

Please tell me dear, I am curious!!

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: spelling error
Replies 1 to 20 of 64 Descending

Hey Shashank! That's great!

So, shashank blogs so as to share his tech knowledge with the world.

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

I got into blogging because of a book, actually.

A book I loved so much that I knew I had to write about it. I have opinions that I like to share with the world, but for the first time I realized that I could write about something that I really love and really could comment on - books. I really enjoy writing, I really enjoy knowing that perhaps someone somewhere is going to read my review and be able to enjoy a good book, or else avoid reading a pathetic book because of my review.

I actually write my blog for people like me who sometimes research obsessively about a book before actually buying it (though so many of the books I love I just pick up at the library or a bookstore because I like the way it looks) and I guess just people reading some of the reviews (and sometimes telling me they read and liked/didn't like) a certain book I wrote about is why I blog.

Hey Sakhi! that's really nice to know. Love for books and writing made u start ur blog. Now I know where to go for book reviews!! I also love to talk about a book that I have just finished. afterwards I tend to forget details, so would be writing in my blog too.

Loganathan
Loganathan
from Chennai
13 years ago

We blog , therefore we are Bloggers. We are bloggers, therefore we blog. Jokes apart, I find blog a medium to channelize what my heart speaks. I follow so many blogs. I enjoy wandering around the blogosphere..

Cheers,

Loga

happy go lucky soul ! sure blogging is a great medium to channelize ones creative energies. tks.

Loganathan
from Chennai
13 years ago

yeah you are right :) drop by my blog when you find time :)

Cheers,

Loga

divyangshu tripathi
divyangshu tripathi
from kolkata
13 years ago

i blog because i dont talk much to people, i actually used to write in a diary,may be i am out and i start scribbling on a piece of paper. blogging for me is a corner where i can express myself talk to people who share likeness of mind, empty my heart out and make myself heard.

i blog just to believe there are many like me who think expressions when written help us to take actions to stand up. i blog to make a difference.

Shashank
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Hey,

I've quoted you on a post of mine (with a link to your blog). I hope you don't mind me doing so without prior permission.

You can check it here: LINK

If want it to be removed, do let me know via comment/contact form/message.

Hey divyangshu (divz)! great thought ! keep up the spirit!

Arun
Arun
from Bangalore,Chennai
13 years ago

To entertain myself and if possible the readers too :)

i gotta chek ur blog!!

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

The facebook status update only provides 440 characters. Blogging is unlimited!

Hi Addy! yes you are right and we love to express.  By the way, just check ur blog and have left a long comment there. It was my honest view, with no sugar coating at all!

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

You comment arrived in my inbox, but your comment does not show up on my blog. I don't know why? I have no moderation whatsoever for comments, they publish instantly, I just get the notification of them been published. Checking on it. I thought you deleted it! Tongue out 

And i liked non sugar coated comments. And frankly its too much sugar in this forum already! And a bit of namkeen and chilly won't hurt for sure, infact they are what I crave for. I named by "Recent Comments" section as "Bouquets and Brickbats" for that very reason! But, people always sugarcoat, hardly got hit by bricks 3-4 times in past 5 months, huff what a shame!

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

BTW, you are doing just great. Take my word for it. No other better way to get popular on the forum here and advertise your blog than to start and participate in threads. while spamming repels other bloggers here interaction gets them to notice you and eventually your blog! This is a secret here. Don't let it out! (Any don't worry about it being written here, no one other than the thread creator checks back on "Replies" in threads. Oh yes Mohan does and may be I do!

Hi Addy, could u read my comment on your blog?? If u did, its fine, even it doesnot show on your blog, I did my bit to communicate to you!

Well, thanks for your comments, would like it really if you give me a blog review. catch u later!!

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yeah sure! I love to review blogs (in my own style) maybe you have seen my "Review Thread" that seems dead since a long time as I'm busy with my project currently. But will definitely get back to your blog asap (like a week or maybe less).

Hey is there some problem between us? Cause neither does your comment appear on my blog nor mine on yours! What the hell is going on here?

Varshini
Varshini
from California
13 years ago

I am a no great writer, i started writing blogs inspired by one of my friends. But as i sarted it was the space for my expression, i write blogs when i am drowned in frustration, anger, Emotionally weak. It is an outlet that helps me to be myself and controls the animal in me :)

Hi Varshini! yes blogging is a sure shot way to balance one's mind and emotions.  Keep it up!

Sanjeeta KK
Sanjeeta KK
from chennai
13 years ago

To keep my Passion & Dreams alive......

Hi Sanjeeta, loved to c ur comment! u hv a gr8 blog and surely its giving wings to ur dreams!

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
13 years ago

I started blogging because I love myself  and I wanted people to know me.  Wink

hmm, so the desire for fame/ populairty brings you to blogging world...... good!

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

I used to read my friend's blogs from past 2 years but few moths back all of a sudden I felt the urge to write my own thoughts... and from that day blogging became my hobby.

it gives me a new way to express my self.... Smile

hi sweta! true, expression is so important, esp for girls!!!!!!!!Wink keep going, wil c ur blog soon.

Pankaj Batra
Pankaj Batra
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

It started with sharing whatever I knew. Slowly people started coming in and also some money from adsense. That motivated me to write more stuff.

Now I share whatever I feel, is worth spreading. Be it how to file income tax yourself, where to lodge complaint for consumer cases, which number to call for radio cabs, how to pay electricity bill online, how to fetch google mail in a java program etc.

I reply to all questions asked by visitors. By doing it, I get more new friends (around 30k unique visitors come each month) and a very good professional network.

All this also gives me now around 150-160$ per month as revenue, thats motivating.

http://www.pankajbatra.com

Pankaj, surely money is a motivation for many of us.  But you are quite honest to admit it here.  Also, would like to know from others, how and how much do u earn from blogging?

Pankaj Batra
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

@RestlessMind,Its not only about money. I feel delighted to help other people by sharing knowledge. Its great when somebody says 'you saved my day'.

By blog gives me everything. Pleasure, Knowledge (when ppl ask questions, i also have to research for answers), friends, appreciations and some money too. 

Hey! come on I didnot mean that its only money that motivates you.  surely without friends, ppl, contacts and network, one cannot survive and they will come to you if you are listening and responding.  I appreciate your efforts and the energies u put in to research and reply to your readers.  That's a tremendous task!!

I only meant, you were the first guy to talk about money,here in this thread, that's why i said honest!

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

i just blog to kill ma time and for indirank .... this provides u a kind of upperhand...

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Mag *Highfive* thats some solid reason brother! I concur! Cool

well, i think u r killing two birds with one stone! gr8!!  but what is this upperhand?!

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

upper hand means UPPERHAND....Wink

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

sometimes a way to express ma self and to communicate with others and to read them...

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

blogging is simply mind blowing

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

@Restless Mind and Sensitive Heart: (First of all, cool name) Thank you very much. I'm glad you liked my blog and I'm looking forward to reading some book reviews on your blog too.

Thanks dear!  yes surely, but I won't really be writing reviews.  I shall write.... don't know... what name to give.... it would be a personal account of how a book touched me.  What is it that I want to remember from it. something like a travelogue of a book!

Hi Ajay! nice to know u had friend who encouraged u to start blogging and opening your creations to the world.  well, same is my story, i had been writing poems all these years and kept them in a diary. and two my friends almost cajoled me into start writing a blog. I am happy and even more expressive now. good to know ur story too! will see ur blog soon!

Deepak
Deepak
from India
13 years ago

why we do blog..... nw dats some interesting question?????

well why i blog .... !!!!!

i hav d appetite 4 blogs..... express my frustration ......... & d main point

i just forgotten dat i want " An indi-T from owners of indiblogger"....

Tongue out

Hey Deepak! that was the aim, to make u think that why do u blog. Introspection is a good dude!!  Well yes,  feeling such as frustration get a good vent when u speak out loud in your blog and u do get ppl who agree to what u say. All the best deepak!

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

thanx restless.....

no rest at all... heheheheTongue out

varsha
varsha
from New Delhi
13 years ago

I blog because it extends me in a way and affirms who I am.

Blogging let's me  be myself and whenever I am able to reach out to someone I know I am not  alone.

If I started raising the issue of healthy eating and exercise at social-do's I wd become a party pooper of repute !!Smile

Blogging abt these things lends me a platform without being labelled as a Bore.

Writing poems lets me amuse myself during commutes and endless bureaucratic meetings.

Hi Varhsa! this is one wonderful response I was looking for! I think I said it all! You expressed yourself completely and deeply in these few lines that u wrote. thanks!

LockSign in to reply to this thread