quality v/s quantity ?

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

What bring readers to your blog, regular post updates or less regular but more quality post updates?

What makes more sense to you? and what you apply on your blog?

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Hi Sugarfree Sweeta tiwary, thank you for bringing up this topic.

I believe in quality... Very very very (to the power infinity) high quality. As a result, I am not able to make even 10 posts on my blog till now. And Renie blatantly refused to accept my blog on Indiblogger. Can you get it done through any of the indipolice officers you know? Meanwhile, I have applied for the post of indiconstable... If that works out I'll do it myself.

I am also curious to know how much visitors does quality bring in... Can you visit my blog so that I can start counting.. Laughing

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Yes, QUALITY matters the most. If at all I get 2000+ page views a day, it is because of the quality content even when I posted just 6 articles over last 30 days. I don't think you will get a better justification than this!

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

Hi All,

Thanks alot for your replies. It is really tricky to decide which is more important.

As upasana correctly said it is not good to make the readers wait. but to create a good post it needs more attention which we fail to give regularly due to other works.

@Mohan: you must be having many dedicated readers by now. :)

I feel for beginners being regular is important.

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Sweta: I think being regular is important, but just to the extent that you determine that you will write say, 10 or 20 posts per month (this would depend on your blog and your schedule) and then do that much. Too much writing and too little writing could alienate people who are in your rhythm. 

And seriously, content matters a lot more than how frequently you post, especially with things like email subscriptions. (In fact, seeing a ton of posts in my email inbox is more likely to put me off than otherwise)

Witty Jester
Witty Jester
from Pune
13 years ago

Seriously no one would have answered quantity,even if they would have thought so ;)

Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

No, I don't think that if you have one post every three months people are going to be rushing to subscribe to your blog. Quantity definitely matters too. 

On the other hand, having ten posts in one day (neither of which are relevant or interesting and mostly are spam) aren't going to be very encouraging either. 

Lalit Patnaik
Lalit Patnaik
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Not many readers come to my blog. But as a reader of other's blogs, I can say 'Quality is King'. That's what keeps me coming back to a blog. Smile

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies. So every one says Quality is the king  but with that we should try to be regular also. Smile

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

hmmmm

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Quality is the King for sure. If you have regular readers, you need to keep blogging often.

http://hemalshah.net/blogs

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

A good balance of both. In the initial stages, it is all about how good you write and how good can you get to share your blog's posts to various people. Often, bloggers are the best blog readers too.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Happy blogging

LockSign in to reply to this thread