how far are we reaching with the blogs in terms of general awareness?

divyangshu tripathi
divyangshu tripathi
from kolkata
13 years ago

heyya fellow bloggers, its great  to be a part of indiblogger isn't  it?well it is for me alteast  as I get to interact more and put questions than I usually could to the world.

now the question which baffles me the most these days is how far do we reach in terms of generating awareness and endeavouring changes which we talk about in our blogs? we might come through multitude of blogs with the urbanity taste for issues which bother us including honor killing,climate change,pollution, and a coterie of topics from politics to the glam sham of bollywood,but are we creating an impact which will really  bring about changes in the society?

there are 21.4 million internet users in INDIA but are we sound enough to reach all of them,I think as members of the blogging community  and  INDIBLOGGER we are part of a bigger picture here and we must do our share to help our voices being heard maybe creating regional blogging clubs to talk on issues and create an mass awareness not on the electronic pages on the computer but with the general people on the road, with that kinda completely ignorant crowd of teenagers in the malls and the shopping arcade...............but this is what i think maybe I am wrong somewhere or extra hyper let me know what you all feel about it

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Anurag Yelkur
Anurag Yelkur
from Delhi
13 years ago

I think the answer to this question depends from blog to blog. It totally depends on your daily readership. There are many blogs posting high quality content which get only about a 100 odd hits a day, and there are many, especially those focusing on the personal lives of adolescent girls, with them being the authors getting a large crowd!!! Kidding man, but seriously, it depends on how old you are into the world of blogging, how frequently do you post, how many people you are able to attract to your blog etc.

And it does have an impact, similar to other forms of information. But I would also like to advice people not to believe everything that is written on a blog, after all we all are amateurs about the stuff we are writing on. Form an opinion, it will provoke certain thoughts, read about it on the internet, have discussions via the comments option on the blog, and you are on your way...

divyangshu tripathi
from kolkata
13 years ago

what i wanted to say was we all have our own readers who love to read stuffs,and action or the course of action does not mean commenting on a blog ANURAGJI, and i know you also didnt mean that here, well see if you just turn at newspapers a few says old you would find out the way bihar assembely acted as if they were hooligans brought from the exurbia,there action whether you agree or not hinder development and our future in some way or the other,my point here is cant there be something the bloggers from bihar would want to do about it except for only putting up and criticising the event in their blog.

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Whatever readership you have, you make an "impact" anyhow. The more loyal a reader, the more influence you have. They start to believe you and trust you, there is a huge responsibility once you jump in this game. And I believe this goes for each and every blog any kind!
divyangshu tripathi
from kolkata
13 years ago

quite true and i  loved the serious answer with no witty comments and twists from you addy bro,anyways back to the topic yes if we make an impact on our readers somehow just think wat would be the impact if a few bloggers put up a good work take a few printouts make a few photocopy and spread it among the general mass..........what about the impact it will create??? wont it be great???

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Tell me something divz, there are people on the streets distributing pamphlets, they even shove it in your face for you to see. What do most people do? they take it, they crush it into a paper ball, they toss it on the streets, they use it to clean their shoes, wipe their hand. But never read them!

This is a good idea and feasible too, but won't make an impact.

Haven't thought of one but will get back to you soon on this. Let my mind ponder on this for some time.

divyangshu tripathi
from kolkata
13 years ago

well i completely agree its not going to work out in that manner we have to work it out well i have a few ideas in my mind if you would like to here let me know...

Aldeena
from New Delhi
13 years ago

I agree with Addy, There is a certain limit to this stuff, we all dump pamphlets and never give them a second thought. You cannot make a person who is full eat. They will resist, it's only willing ears and minds that will be receptive.

Lalit Patnaik
Lalit Patnaik
from Bangalore
13 years ago

When it comes to changing things and making an impact, doing has always been more powerful than saying. But at least saying (or writing) the right thing in the right way can inspire a listener (or reader) to get down to doing. That's the potential of the spoken (or written) word.

divyangshu tripathi
from kolkata
13 years ago

i agree lalitji, inspiring a listener is so far so good it starting in him a course of action is even great,but will one person change the whole society?no one is born baapu these days or say  group of readers which you have 3 of them are from mubai and 2 from kolkata while you belong to bangalore will they understand the regional problems you will talk bout the way you do will they feel the same??? like any other banglore peep

This is a thought provoking topic divz.  Well, I also think about it sometimes, can i make an impact. I agree Addy pamphlets are best used that way!!

Aslo, I agree with lalit patnaik that doing has more effect than saying.  We need to do our bit, be an example, if possible, and then don't expect anything more than that.

we all know what is good for the society, the country, the world, we all know it, but when some one says it, again and again, somewhere in our minds ,things get registered, and we consciously try to do little bit towards it. Eg - save water, everyone knows, but if we could generate such social messages and place on our blogs, based onour personal convictions and beliefs, we spread the word and reinforce it in the mind of the reader.

I think, for personal blogs, such social msgs like (local issues )anti ragging, (global issues)reduce global warming etc should be placed.  If all those irritating ads which pounce at us, when we open a website, make us memorize their names, then why not a msg like this?!

restless

divyangshu tripathi
from kolkata
13 years ago

i completely agree restless sis and on top of that if we bring upon some blogger club where the bloggers of a region here on indiblogger can get together and plan out something which could be done,i dont know much about others bu i still believe in what i have learnt in my tender years  WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY

Aldeena
Aldeena
from New Delhi
13 years ago

When we write we do reach out to all our readers but how deep is that impact is something that I'm not sure of. Some of us read and think about it, there are others who just read and forget. But there is a certain limit to what we can do I guess. Of course where there is  a will there is a way but how feasible is it in real terms. I think by writing we do contribute our bit, it might be little, it might be much but we are doing something. Although it's a small drop in the ocean, but it is these same little drops that make the ocean. No matter how small it might seem, an impact is an impact. As long as we can provoke people to think, I think we will be doing a good job.. It's my personal opinion though. I'm sure others might think differently. But I'm just trying to be rooted in reality.

divyangshu tripathi
from kolkata
13 years ago

I had to agree with you there aldeena  and as you siad up there in a response to addy that its all willing ears and mind that will be receptive...and there is no denying this fact but my question here in this context is  are all the willing ears we need to be heard by reading our blogs? are they being reached by us?

Aldeena
from New Delhi
13 years ago

As I said Divyangshu, we can't reach all of them..let's get real.. But atleast we are reaching some of them. Every impact in a positive direction is a good impact.

divyangshu tripathi
from kolkata
13 years ago

no other option had to wake up from this dream i have to accept every word you say aldeena  but that dosent means we would stop trying.......if bungee jumping is meant for a try so is this ..though the example is lame it sounds fun..and by the way call me divz

Aldeena
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Okie Divz, see it's like a chain. I write something I believe in. My readers read it, some might read it and forget it immediately. There might be others who are touched by the issue at hand and ponder over it. Majority of my readers being fellow-bloggers, some might even write about the same issue on their own blogs, wherein the message is passed onto their readers as well and so on.. It's like a network, we are part of it and are contributing to it. Its upto our readers to determine how far the message goes.

divyangshu tripathi
from kolkata
13 years ago

i hafta agree again we being a part of the chain we are possibly doing what we can and its the readers on whom it depends whether we are making an impact or not,cool enuf....

LockSign in to reply to this thread