Commonwealth Games, Delhi 2010

Sanat
Sanat
from Bhopal
13 years ago

The Games are round the corner. Billed as the event that would showcase India’s rising economic status, these games need the support of all Bloggers. But I am surprised to see that while FIFA 2010, continues to be a listed as a Trending topic, CWG is not one. Appeal to all bloggers, "RISE IN SUPPORT OF THE DELHI GAMES".

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Nandan Narula
Nandan Narula
from Indore, Bhopal
13 years ago

I am with you Sanat. CWG are a matter of national pride. when FIFA worldcup can find a place on indiblogger, then why not CWG. Lets be the change.

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

ya i do agree dear....

Sanat
Sanat
from Bhopal
13 years ago

@Jayanta

while i do agree that we cannot do anything concrete, nevertheless, we have to take pride in the fact that India has been conferred this honour of hosting these games. Like Nandan says, "Lets be the change". thanks for ur support Nandan & Mag.

Suggestion/Appeal to moderators: Let CWG be a topic for Blogger contest. That way it is certain to become a trending topic.

Jay...
from Delhi, Guwahati, Lucknow
13 years ago

The blogging contest is a good idea... We can take help of Blog-a-ton and use the same concept here. Can we flood in the blogosphere with posts on Delhi games... the different parts of it... different views... constructive critisisms and above all, presenting a good internet database for the visitors... Say wat?

Varadha Yamunan
Varadha Yamunan
from Chidambaram
13 years ago

What's the use jayanta? Most people are not at all interested in these kind. They would simply watch cricket and soccer. So, no use of these. may be we shall make them aware of the pride of these common wealth games.. So, that they realize that "Cricket and soccer are not the only sports in the world".

Anyway, blogging is a good idea.. :-) It server double purpose.. Go ahead.

Jay...
13 years ago

Ya blogging will serve double purpose... Bt I don't want a divided lot here. Even I am not much interested in sports other than cricket, tennis and football, but here the question is about Delhi Games... no matter whatever being played there...

Got my point friend? So, you are in?

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

Certainly would be one topic with lots and lots of fodder. Looking forward to it.

BTW, I wrote a post on this topic sometime back. Go through it if you are interested http://aashishsood.blogspot.com/2010/03/commonwealth-games-2010-will-they.html

Jay...
13 years ago

I appreciate that you wrote about the topic. Even I too, a year back!

But we can have a specific date, say August end (the last sunday of August) and post everything on that day... if its 200, our goal will be reached.

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

lets promote our players and boost their moral for the CWG..... shooting is mine fav

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

go & give cheers to our players...

meet u in delhi

LockSign in to reply to this thread