Changes to the forum email alerts

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Folks, another change - I noticed that the forum email alerts don't make much sense at times. You see that someone has replied, click on the link, scroll through the topic to find that someone has posted "Lol!" or a smiley. Undecided

Email alerts will now contain the first 300 characters of the reply posted - helps you decide if it's worth replying to! Hope this helps, and as always - let me know if you find any bugs. Smile

Replies 1 to 20 of 20 Descending
Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

That is great addon Renie! Thanks! Smile

Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
13 years ago

Thats a nice work Renie. I could reply to your comment on my thread directly through my gmail account to your email account :)

But oops that means one less page view for Indiblogger :p

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Here is an enhancement request - Upon replying to a comment or posting a comment, it is better to point to the entered reply/comment than simply loading the top of the post. Any thoughts?

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

this was really needed.... gr8 job renie

Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

This will save a lot of time...

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

"Reply to thread" and "reply to user" are different. It is better to  provide a separate e mail alert feature. What you think? If possible then only..

Gouri
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

You are right Sujith! I don't seem to be getting "reply to user" alerts, which I feel is more important. Somebody replies to my comment and I miss that...

Just a pen in my hand
Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

hey renie , thats a gr8 addon...but I wantd to ask sumthn , is it possible tat wen v click on te link on an email alert , the page shud point out tat specific reply ? I mean, I post sumthn , n if sum1 replies , I get an email alert , but then I have to search thru te whole page to find out whr tat reply is ! 

Deepak
Deepak
from India
13 years ago

ya it is fruitful for us....

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

btw., which fruit?

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Oh... of seasonal

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Brilliant! Was about to rasie it, since I saw the mail alerts format for the IndiBlogger meet.. it works great!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

thanks Renie! you never fail to surprise us :)

varsha
varsha
from New Delhi
13 years ago

very thoughtful!Thanks.

Indiblogger Rocks!!

Aldeena
Aldeena
from New Delhi
13 years ago

That is a great change Renie...really helpful... Smile

Tikulli
Tikulli
from Delhi
13 years ago

Very thoughtful.. love it :)

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

hey renie...... i have submitted ma post on indivine just 6 hr before but indivine showing that it was submitted 18 hrs before.

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

why u always hav problems?????

Yell

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

dont know dood......y this happening to me

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

There is some problem with IndiBloggers counter I guess many people have faced the same problem in the forum as well as IndiVine, Renie is looking into the matter, will be resolved soon.

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

This is a really, really good idea. Now I don't bother clicking through unless it actually makes sense for me to.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

A very Welcome change!

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

@ Renie: You have no clue how much I wanted this feature.

great work. needed most.

Sanjay Shettennavar
Sanjay Shettennavar
from Belgaum
13 years ago

I would like to reiterate Sujith's opinion that "Reply to thread" and "reply to user" aren't one and the same. Therefore different alerts need to be created.

sm
sm
from india
13 years ago

good change

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

hey SM! you are back!! wowo!! well be active here dude!!

Someone is Special
Someone is Special
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Great Initiative...

LockSign in to reply to this thread