Launch of IndiRank & IndiBlogger of the Month

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Bloggers at the forum! My apologies for not being around at the forum as often as I used to. I decided that the best way to explain myself is to show you all what we've been working on these past few weeks. We've been discussing a ranking/award system for a long time now via these topics started by Ram Prasad & BinaryDay:

IndiBlogger - Blog of the Day

Is there a way to view the popularity of the various IndiBlogs?

A huge thank you and lots of hugs from the IndiBlogger team to everyone who participated in these topics, your ideas and support. BinaryDay, a special thanks to you for showing us that this is not an impossible task. We've built an algorithm to rank our blogs and we've called it IndiRank. It's now the time to use the power of this forum to improve what we have built.

Read up about IndiRank here >

The faqs also have been updated with some doubts you may have on how it works. Everyone, this is in beta - so we really, really need all the inputs we can get on how well it works and how it can be improved.

Also announcing - IndiBlogger of the Month! Smile

Thanks to the nice & generous boys over at Microsoft, we have a prize to give out every month to a deserving blogger of our choice.

Check out the prizes here >

Of course, where else will the decision be taken other than our forum? Here's the process I think would make sense:

The IndiBlogger team will post a special topic on this forum, where we can all vote on a category for that particular month.

The IB team will then do the basic process of filtering for you, taking the top ranked blogs in that category and we'll post that as a separate topic. We can all vote for the blogs we like the most (in the midst of some fun & camaraderie, I'm sure!) If you find a blog in that category that does not make it's way into our initial list - you may nominate it. We cannot allow any prejudice, bribery or bugs in the system to affect the voting process - let's show our Election Commission how things should be done! 

Once you all give us your feedback on IndiRank, IndiBlogger of the Month and prizes, we'll get started with choosing the IndiBlogger of the Month - in the true spirit of the community we have discovered at this forum. Smile

1-20
21-36
Replies 1 to 20 of 36 Ascending
Chethan
Chethan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

hmmn my rank is #56  hope to improve soon :)

Sahil Rizwan
Sahil Rizwan
from Delhi
15 years ago

Hey, so how long should a blog ideally have been on Indiblogger to become eligible for ranking? Will a week do? Such as *Cue the shameless plugging* http://thevigilidiot.blogspot.com  .... =D

Hehe, but seriously... Great job Renie, & everyone over there at IndiBlogger, really... Brilliant inititative.. =) 

Sahil Rizwan
from Delhi
15 years ago

Ah, never mind... Just found the FAQ's... Have to wait till next month's update, apparently... Ignore this, then... =)

Aarif Ali Saiyed
Aarif Ali Saiyed
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Renie,          Hope you are doing great dude...This is really awesome ...it would encourage bloggers to remain active. Great job done ( in getting sponsership too ;)  

renie...

i have been assured twice that my blog will be ranked... but its still NA...

Click here to check out my blog

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hey Ankit, I can only assure you again! We're working on fixing this for everyone, instead of individually. There are about 2000 blogs without an IndiRank. You can expect an update by the 2nd week of April. Please do bear with us till then while we enhance our crawler to read all blogs properly!

kunal sachdeva
kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

@ Renie

Nice work Done.....

But i have one query that the rank given by Indiblogger will remain fixed or it will change after some time???

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

It'll change man... In fact you'll see another update in a week's time.

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Thanx Renie... Smile

Thats good....now Bloggers will remain active....

Robin Jacob Abraham
Robin Jacob Abraham
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Hey Renie

Just got to know of IndiRank. Good initiative. Was wondering if

a) A list of most promising Blogs could also be included

b) When searching on Inciblogger for a particular blog, tag etc, the indiRank should also show up

A search by name of my blog http://chuggingalong.wordpress.com currently reveals me nothing of where I am positioned.

Cheers

Robin

Hashir Tufail
Hashir Tufail
from Unnao, Bangalore
15 years ago

@Renie,

My blog is still ranked as NA CrySurprised

renie

my blog's ranking is still NA... Cry

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hold on Ankit, you'll have a rank soon! Smile

sm
sm
from india
15 years ago

many new members are confused to find or see there indi rank so this is reason i am posting this here .

where you can see your indi rank ?

Go to your my account click on it then then you will see   hello with your name

below that you can see that  written  view your public profile   click on that and you can check your indi rank , which is given on right hand side.

ty renie

sm
sm
from india
15 years ago

after your suggeston and thought  i have decided to stay with politics only tag . ty  one should try to develp the blog with speciality my mejoirty visitiors are reading politics so better i stay with that ,

about rewards i will suggest when someone becomes blogger of the month you or someone from indi blogger team should write a guest post on that blog .

i am sure that day the traffice on that blog will cross 7000 visits in a day. Smile

sm
sm
from india
15 years ago

yes renie ty, i agree with you

sm
sm
from india
15 years ago

renie i wanted to ask you , is it better to have more tags or only 1 tag

if you take my blog it has politics, entertainment, lyrics,crimes all shades and realities of life.

first quesiton is from all bloggers whose blog has only one tag, will it decrase our chance of winning awards. as we will be competating only in one catagory, while others will be competing in all catagories with only one blog,

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

If you blog about all those things, then by all means add those tags. But look at it this way - a blog that has a clear focus on politics will have a better chance of winning the best politics blog, as compared to a blog with only a few posts on politics. So if your blog has many tags, it may fit into many categories, but has a lesser chance of winning. Two sides to every coin! Smile

i just wanted to ask dat why my blog's ranking is NA???

jus chk it out if der's some problem..... coz my blog is not a new one....

my

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hey Ankit, there are quite a few blogs which haven't been ranked, mainly because our system was unable to read your feed properly. It's a problem at our end - and we're working to fix it!

kunal sachdeva
kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

@ Renie

So can i add these Tags now??

Because mine Blog consists of latest Tips & Tricks about computer & web...

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

@ Renie

Thanx.....

I have added those tags now....

I hope whenever new updation would be done, mine blog would be added in those categories too..

Anyways Thanx a lot......

Really a grt Feature has been Added :)

Regards,

kunal

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

@ Renie

thnx... 

mine Blog is added in all specified categories.......

kunal sachdeva
kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

@ Renie

I couldnt Find mine Blog in Computers Blog....

Could u please Tell me How to search it.......

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

even cant in tips & internet.... :(

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hey Kunal, check your profile - you don't have those tags for your blog...

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

@ Renie

I found mine Blog @ Indi Rank 58 in Delhi Bloggers,

But mine BLog dont Exist in Tips, Computer, Web & Technology Blogs....

Plese see to it......

Regards

kunal

Hashir Tufail
Hashir Tufail
from Unnao, Bangalore
15 years ago

Hi Renie,

great job. Have not checked my rank, but then  as my blog was only taken in today (after I changed the category), I think it is going to take some time for my rank to be shown.

Nyways, don't know if anyone has noticed, but in the prizes list for IndiBlogger of the month, for the option to take a .in account, there is a bug - as the header says that the registeration will be for 3 years, but in the description it is for 2 years. check it out.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Oops! - it's been fixed. It's 3 years, not 2 years. Smile

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Hello people, sorry for hiding out for some time. Was out completing a few back end work for blogger meets.

Even though I'm coming in late to this topic, I should say, nice work Renie. I can't imagine a better way to rank the Indian blogs. We can really expect some quality blogs and some excellent writers come to light (I mean a blogs like mine ;-) he he...

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Hello people, sorry for hiding out for some time. Was out completing a few back end work for blogger meets.

Even though I'm coming in late to this topic, I should say, nice work Renie. I can't imagine a better way to rank the Indian blogs. We can really expect some quality blogs and some excellent writers come to light (I mean a blogs like mine ;-) he he...

Ulhas Vardhan Golchha
Ulhas Vardhan Golchha
from Kolkata
15 years ago

showing my indirank as NA

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Hi,

Question: What does "na" stand for? No rank available at this point in time or not applicable (as in not valid)?

Two of my blogs have na:

a) Business Case Study

b) Aerospace (DO-178B) Software

Perhaps, this is because I submitted these very recently, what?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Dude, read the faqs!

Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Embarassed

1-20
21-36
LockSign in to reply to this thread