Indiblogger of your dreams

Witty Jester
Witty Jester
from Pune
13 years ago

I know the title sounds a bit cheesy ,but I just started this thread so that we could all pitch in suggestions about making this commuinty a better place to share and interact with fellow bloggers .If the suggestions are relevant enough and have an implementation feasibility then they might just prove a good depot of ideas to the moderators of this site.

Some suggestions:

1.The voting on indivine must be anonymous because it has caused a lot of apprehensions in the past.

2.Users must be provided with an option of signatures because like a profile pic a signature too is something which gives us a unique identity.

3.Profile picture uploading must be made simpler because apparently users probably find it too complex since most of them are without a pic.

4.After being accepted by the indiblogger team a user must not be allowed to change his blog url for obvious reasons,and if they want, the new url should be approved before being allowed.

5.There should be more scope of interacting with fellow bloggers apart from the forum probably a chat room(seems to far fetched i guess :) )

6.The bloggers profile should be more detailed not as comprehensive as social networking profile but relevant fields must be added,like latest posts must be updated automatically.

7.I find it ironical that the facebook fan page of indiblogger does not allow sharing of links.

8.Addition of a shoutbox would be cool,it could be like a cool mini twitter thing(oh yes and it can also provide real time interaction)

Whew im outaa suggestions,will you help me to populate this list so that we can have the most awesome community on the planet

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Deepak
Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Hey Witty..... nice suggestion dude..

i think we shud look into these topics yar...

awesome points...Smile

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

Well I second all the points you mentioned... and the exhaustive and detailed list of the points goes on to show how deeply you are in the know of the intricacies, possibly because of long term association with Indiblogger....

I would add a couple of points of mine as well....

1) Addition of a deletion button, both on forum and on indivine

2) In addition to voting being anonymous, I also would want that the voting, in contest specially, be started only after the submission deadline... That way late submitters do not get penalized

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

I agree to what Aashish says...not the 1st option , but the 2nd...No need for a delete button , takes away all the fun , and all hell will break loose.....

but voting or promotion shud be allowed only during a specific time frame , that way , each and evry entry shud get equal opportunity....

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

yes just a pen, no Belete Dutton Tongue out

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

say no to delete button

Witty Jester
from Pune
13 years ago

@Aashish The addition of a delete button is probably not the best idea,because people in indivine will just recursively delete their posts and resubmit  the same link under some other name or category.Although a delete button is provided on most forums but i guess a lack of delete button make us responsible unconsciously  :)

While on the contest voting thing i would like to add my support,late submission in no way should affect an indivisuals chance to fair competetion.

I also like all these point especially 2 and 3.  A signature will serve as an identitiy in the place of a photograph.

2. though I tried sujith's  method I am not sure i did it well.

About deleting i think there is a risk.

keeping anonymity can be an option. And voting can wait until everybody posted otherwise dead line date for submission has no meaning.

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
13 years ago

Thanks for these thoughts, witty jester. I wonder what happened with this thread. Some of the suggestions have been implemented and some of them are still relevant eight months forward!

I agree with 1,2,3,4,6,8.

5- done, chat box on the right of the forum

Don't know about 7, haven't seen indiblogger on fb, this may have been addressed.

Inditeam, ARE YOU LISTENING?

I've seen newer threads on similar concerns about indivine voting, signatures/links in comments, profiles, photos etc.

Somebody, please take a look here and let us know if you think these feature demands from members is feasible. Thank you.

LockSign in to reply to this thread