IndiRank..... What's the mystery part behind it? How to improve your Indirank?

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Yes Indiranks have been added. Kudos to the Indiblogger team for their hard work. There are a couple of hidden factors behind Indirank besides common ones like google pagerank, alexa rank, inbound links etc. which havent been disclosed? What do you think they are?  Lets take a wild guess. Also discuss what should be the strategy to improve your IndiRank?

Replies 1 to 20 of 20 Descending
sm
sm
from india
15 years ago

yes i wanted to point out

1. bribes will not work.
  2. sweet talking will not work like our politicians here no sweet talking
  3. only honesty and quality of work will speak
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

well said! Smile

Tangerine
Tangerine
from Assam
15 years ago

may be there should be a badge or something that we can put in our blog allowing other indiblogger to add it directly to their network.

but i dont know if that will help in improving indirank. Also is such a badge already there?

its just a thought.

Sumit
Sumit
from Mumbai
15 years ago

I thought the IndiRank concept was a great way of rewarding genuine, contributing members of the community. However, without taking names, I must say that some of the blogs ranked quite high, disappointed me. It seems some folks are here for the sole purpose of drawing traffic to their blogs, and not for the joy of blogging.

My apologies if I've ruffled a few feathers, but I think we should simply take the rankings with a pinch of salt, if we cannot get rid of the 'traffic' criterion, while deciding the rankings.

Tangerine
from Assam
15 years ago

i do agree with u... not all high scoring blogs make a delightful read... but perhaps not everyone would agree.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Sumit, I know what you mean - and we're working on tweaking the algorithm to make things better. Hopefully with the next update!

My rank is NA. What do I do really to get my ranking?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Check your rank now!. Our system could not some info from your feed, so we updated that manually. Congratulations - 61 is a good rank!

Sumit
Sumit
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Thanks Renie! :)

Thanks a ton Renie, for the comment too :)

Rahul S. Nair
Rahul S. Nair
from London
15 years ago

Hi Renie,

I've got the same problem :( as Mr.Hakuna Matata. :)

My blog rank is NA...

Can you please help me out..

sm
sm
from india
15 years ago

wanted to say

if you got seeds of mango you will get mangoes and if you got apple seeds you will get apples

what we give to our blog, wil give us back

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago

All have said about the strategy to improve the rankings but none have spoken about the mystery. What are those couple of mysterious factors? Hard work is definitely essential but along with it you will also need some smart work. I think with this algorithm commercial blogs are at tremendous advantage. I would like to see personal blogs making it to the indiblogger of the month title. Only way that could happen is through voting criteria (community votes), otherwise its really hard. Also, Is there a thing like say if a blogger has won the award he wouldn't be qualifying for a period of time (6 months or so).

Chicky Kadambari
from Jaipur
14 years ago

@ "I would like to see personal blogs making it to the indiblogger of the month title"

Hey, I know what u mean! But I guess the trouble with that is that not many people have the time or the wish to read someone's "personal diary" on a regular basis! :-p

Ha ha! I get so many visits on my blog daily, according to my "Google Analytics", but very few of them leave any comments... and I have like just a handful of regular readers. I guess that's how it is!

http://mysterious-kaddu.blogspot.com/

vishesh unni
vishesh unni
from chennai
15 years ago

The content is more important than anything else.

Sachin Jain
Sachin Jain
from Bangalore
15 years ago

well said Vishesh..really content is the king.

Cheers,

Sachin

Sandy
Sandy
from Delhi
15 years ago

@Rennie

I completely agree with Sumit and others. A lot of bloggers are there only to attract traffic. They aren't interested to share and discuss their views. So far my experience with IndiRank is mixed. While I have been able to locate a couple of good blogs(which I would be reading on a regular basis) and but a most of the blogs were useless. It makes me believe that a high no good blogs might actually have lower ranks.

Although it would be fair to comment on my own blog, but i still have to say that most of the blogs ranked ahead of mine don't deserve it. My blog is a laggard with a rank of 59. I think the weightage of traffic is far too much. I don't have ne solution right away. But i guess, a ping service, the one which u have already mentioned needs to be put in place right away.

Sandy

http://sandywriter.blogspot.com/

ARJuna
ARJuna
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Hi ther firstly how do i know what MY rank is???

Anil Sawan
Anil Sawan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Even my rank is NA.. I was wondering how does this system work :(

dream
dream
from pune
15 years ago

me in the same boat ..NA

Chethan
Chethan
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I'm wondering the same how to better my rankSurprised? Laughing

Tangerine
Tangerine
from Assam
15 years ago

i guess everyone is waiting for the update.. or is it already updated???

Tangerine

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Yeah Even I'm waiting for an update....

Its Not updated yet....

Samuel
Samuel
from Hyderabad / Pilani
15 years ago

It is not updated.. Maybe there is some glitch with the updating code?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Guys hold on... no problem with the code, it's just that our team had to travel. I myself just got back to Chennai this morning - we're going to be re-crawling all your blogs in the next few days and IndiRank will be updated soon. Sorry for the delay!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Hey Renie, thanks. Was wondering when that will happen. Also, is it possible to publish the details on what basis the top rank blogger reaches there...

kunal sachdeva
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Hey Thanks for the update Renie.......

Rahul S. Nair
from London
15 years ago

Thanks Renie...

I have been waiting for it to get updated for a month now....

Sahil Rizwan
Sahil Rizwan
from Delhi
15 years ago

It's been updated? My blog rating is still NA right now... Hehe, hope the crawling is still under process.. =)

http://thevigilidiot.blogspot.com

LockSign in to reply to this thread