Excercise/Weight loss

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

Please recommend some good Indian blog on exercise and weight loss.

thanks. 

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

A real profile pic would have been helpful in exuding some useful suggestions...Laughing

Sourav C. Pandey
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Laughing

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

Once i get the six pack :)

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

when???? lyk our superstars... at d age of 44Tongue out

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

8 packs are the latest trend and u still stuck at 6Surprised

joining a good gym will do.

blogs will give inspiration.

you can join weight loss with aamir khaan/ group on facebook

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

We have a gym in our building with a trainer also. Not much results though. So looking for some success stories. The problem with celebrity blogs is that  you are not sure how much of it is true and how much is to create an aura.

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

there was a guy who used to leave his signature as 'Burn Fat, Build Muscle'. Not sure where that guy is hiding now.

Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Ah yes I remember him! But I think his blog was more about questionable supplements than holistic weight loss!

varsha
varsha
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Dear NP

I do think that you have been to my blog?That is as real as it gets-though I say so myselfLaughing

What exactly are you looking for?

http://wholesomeoptions.blogspot.com/

Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

Well you are real good at this stuff. I think my problem could be doing same stuff for too long. Going from your post and blog it seems variation is the key. Also the second thing that i can find wrong is sugar. I have  started drinking tea with sugar for last  6 months so that could be neutralizing the effects of exercise. Thanks for your help.

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

Hi Varsha:  i have been to your blog recently, but you are a women and weight problems of guys are different ( at least that is what I have been made to believe by books and magazines)

My problem is that I have been doing everything by the book for last one year. 

1. No junk food
  2. Exercise for more than 45 min, 5 days a week.
  3. Spread my meals to 5 instead of 2
  4. No colas, sweets etc.
  5. Combo of aerobics and weight training

And the result is zero weight loss. So there is something i am doing wrong. My trainer says I have gained muscle at the cost of fat. But where those muscles are I don't know? 

So I need to go to some success stories, and may be interact with them to find out what I am doing wrong.

But I will go to your blog a few more time and am sure will gain from the same or should i say loose from the same :)

Regards,

N

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

choose stairs in place of lift and should use sugarfreeSmile

varsha
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Dear NP

I agree that weight problems of guys are different-in that women have it HarderWink.

That said,I don't think there is any fundamental difference to strategies.

Its good that you are on the right path.

Some strategies that have worked wonders for me personally after my second delivery were:

No carb heavy meals at night-i go in for an olive oil drenched colourful salad with boiled eggs,nuts or fish thrown in.It's filling and easy on the tummy.

No eating after 8 pm(most of the time)

No sugar-in all its forms.

Saying yes to Protein rich and good fat foods to compensate for lesser chapati and chawal eating.

Doing different free weight things,in weights that are really challenging-no dainty lil dumbells.

As a former Aerobics freak I can say-Aerobics Sucks.The returns are never commensurate with the effort put in as your body gets accustomed fast.

i used to indulge in aerobics and cardio stuff for 2-3 hours everyday like a demented idiot to shed preggie flab.All i got was joint pains and a rundown feeling.

Functional Strength Training is an amazing thing that renewed my life.I can not praise it enough.Its not about doing isolation exercises on the multi-gym to get big guns.It focusses on real life movements like squats and deadlifts which are incredibly taxing as well as rewarding to learn.

In case you are interested I can recommend no.of excellent sites for a beginner.

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I think there was an active blogger on the forum who had a smililar blog, gotta search....will get back to you soon..................

Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

2+ months have passed and still our Addy hasn't been successful in finding that through his search. 

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

yup abhinav is the one for this

i was laughing for 5 mins.......after reading the topic.....  Smile

my suggestion....leave the computer start working out.........  best of luck

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

hehehehe....Laughing

Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

Hi Hitesh: I am glad that I was able to make you laugh, but I am not sure if I should have taken another 30 seconds over and above the 5 minute you spent laughing to read my full post. Which clearly gives my exercise regime which includes both aerobics and weight training 5 days a week for last one year combined with a strict control on diet.  Any thing over and above that would be wonderful ?

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I had lost 18kgs in three months.. went on a super diet, unassisted by anyone.. skipped dinner altogether, completely forgot Junk food, Volleyball an hour everyday in the mornings, and no excercise...

Cool i know it sounds like a fairy tale, but its true.. Innocent

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

gud

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

18 Kgs in 3 months i.e. 6 Kgs in 1 month

dats gud...

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

Got the courage to stand on the weighing machine after all the sweets, chocolates from friends and relatives and some jhappies and pappies from my kids. Wow down by 5 KG. Guess something is working :)

@ prasad, gr8Smile ,

I had lost 15 kg 5 yrs ago, in a month ., from 85 to 70.

under superb guidance of a gym in belapur navi mumbai.

the procees included drinking a lot of water to release toxins, eating full sqare meals,with lot of paneer, one day only cardio, next day lower body, next day, upper body, then again cardio,

taking full meal supplement diet powder costing 125rs. daily.and different vitamin tablets.

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

Thanks for your inputs. Success stories of real people are a great motivator. 

Sowmya
Sowmya
from Chennai
13 years ago

It's been nice reading this thread (& entertaining too!). Firstly, congrats Prasad on the minus 5.

I subscribe to a few blogs on exclusive fitness, nutrition & health articles. Some of them:

1. Fitnessblackbook
  2. Bodyweightcoach

You might like this article.

There are many sites like sparkpeople that offer a diet tracker, nutrition, fitness tips and much much more.

Good luck in your weight loss journey!

Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

Thanks Sowmya

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

Prasad, smoke loads of weed man! That is the most efficient way, if it can turn my whole friend circle into a group of hollow men it will surely work for you too.XD

LockSign in to reply to this thread