My Demand contest?

Guha Rajan
Guha Rajan
from Chennai
13 years ago

Renie & indiblogger team,

I did'nt find my demand contest open today?, it was suppose to open for voting today - 28th Aug

1-20
21-21
Replies 1 to 20 of 21 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Hey Guha, voting started at 9 PM! Smile

Guha Rajan
Guha Rajan
from Chennai
13 years ago

OK, thanks Renie. Looks, like an overwhelming response, some of the best might get lost Smile

Anyways, best wishes to all participants and the let the best article win, instead of the common nexus of "you vote & then I vote for you" Smile , which kills the best.

Saurabh Shah
Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Just now i got this offer on my blog's comment page:

Vinayak117.198.225.228 2010/08/29 at 5:49 pm

awesome postnicely written

I am from indiblogger… i saw that you are taking part in the Indiblogger contest. I am thinking of a vote exchange. You vote for me, I vote for you. Just vote for me here http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.xxx and after that send me a mail vini.nagu@xxx.com and I will vote for you. Both are getting benefited, right?

So, tell me what do you think?

(the comment is over here.) 

i (saurabh) have removed  some portion of link and mail id before publishing it and have relplied:

Saurabh Shahsaurabh-shah.com/en/hisaurabhshah@gmail.com115.240.104.199 2010/08/29 at 6:09 pm | In reply to Vinayak.

No, I don’t do that, my dear. Good luck to you

Any comments from the Indiblogger buddies?  

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

awww.. this is really sad.. takes the essense out of writing.. greedy monger... Money mouth

Diana Samson
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I think he is 11 years old .. I could not spell "A-p-p-l-e" when I was 11 .. that kid is smart .. Hemal .. teach him th ropes .. and be nice :) ..

Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

i am not sure about the authenticity of this 11 yr old blogger. he claims to have written 4 novels and what not. either this is a fake identity or somebody else is masquerading behind this blog. however, that's not my concern now that we have Indipolice to catch (Ch)Indichors!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Sure Diana. i will need to have a word with IndiPolice then. But outside IndiBlogger, we cant help people refraining from activities. This might hamper authentic users too. Hence the consequence comes first. We can live with this sort of an untoward event, but cant help if everyone jumps in for his words.

@Saurabh, certainly startling to hear if a boy can have 4 novels. Its not impossible, but its impossible to believe for sure. IndiChors a new word in Indictionary. Tongue out

one guy sent me frnd req on FB, when accepted he sent me the link to his post...asking for vote.....i said ok....i'll.....

then he says.....ask your frends to vote too........ i told him that i'm also participating....why shld i ask ppl to vote for you and not me?????

He said, "I'm 15 yrs.... this is my first contest....let me win this one....you can win the next one......."

i said, "now that's intelligent reason for letting someone win ....... "  Smile

Guha Rajan
Guha Rajan
from Chennai
13 years ago

Haha!!! Cry ...... there is goes.

Blogging has to be a passion, there is no point in purchasing.

I think there was a debate couple of month back i this forum about what can be done to prevent voting like without reading the entire artile OR just that the person is known OR reciprocate voting. I am not sure, whether any thing was done in this respect.

Lets not kill the sprit of blogging.

Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

What do you think, what should be done to curb this kind of practice, Rajan?

Guha Rajan
Guha Rajan
from Chennai
13 years ago

well, not sure.

On lighter side, Renie, why not start a contest as how to stop this practise, the best ( not through voting Smile) approach selected by Indiblogger team  will have +5 Ranks added to their monthly ranking OR some other prize.

Any ways, there is always ways to fool a system, its better we bloggers has some discipline.

Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

yes, self discipline is the best way!

Guha Rajan
Guha Rajan
from Chennai
13 years ago

Couple of suggestions.

i) Like a blogger can post only 2 articles in Indivine on 24 hours period, a blogger should be allowed to vote only max of 3 articles in 24 hours period.

ii) In case of contest, a blogger can cast max of 2 votes of his choice during the entire contest period.

Does this make sense?.

Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

(1) i totally agree

(2) either your suggestion or this: a participant is NOT allowed to vote in the contest. the way a player can't be the umpire or a referee.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

here we can have complications.. what if all the active members here are participants?

Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

you are quite an optimistic!

but yes, you have a point, hemal.

Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

I don't think 1 would work very well. Honestly, I think people would look around and see who votes for them back when they vote for their posts, and then keep voting those people again and again and it would just be a vote-for-vote for those two people. 

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Mario D****a mario_d*****a@yahoo.com Message: Hi, I'm an Indiblogger. I need ur support. Please vote for "Pee for Petrol" on http://digs.by/****** Plz Forward. Thank You i have voted for you... would you please care to vote for me too?

I dont appreciate it Mr. Mario

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

you can choose to vote me down since you already have voted for me

Bragadeesh Prasanna
from Chennai
13 years ago

Hehe! We all hate this vote politics but I believe we can be a bit concerned about the privacy or content of the people who request like this. Atleast we can save them from embarrassment? What do you guys think?

Kshitij
from Faridabad
13 years ago

I got one from Mario too. And so did a lot of others as I found out after some 20-30 clicks on others' links.

Moreover, I see a lot of them voting for a lot of posts and am sure, to get something back.

Not nice, Renie. It's beating the purpose, and some of the good ones will get lost am sure.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Sorry! Errants dont need concerns...

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

New level of Vote request - http://twitter.com/mariouana/status/22527470212

Sorry... I fail to understand the motive of the contest.

Guha Rajan
Guha Rajan
from Chennai
13 years ago

Oh Boy.... It has become a political system.  As a blogger you need to have belief and passion  in your writing and I believe this is lost once you start canvasing for votes. Atleast, one should canvas to read the article....Smile.

Unless discipline and passion is there among bloggers, the purpose of contest is lost.

Bragadeesh Prasanna
Bragadeesh Prasanna
from Chennai
13 years ago

I just want to say my networkings skills are next to poor. I cant mingle with people and so I blog to vent out what comes to my mind. And if the votes are being cast in this manner, I am sure I am not gonna win any of the voting concept.  

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

This is so sad... why do people keep on requesting for votes like this... and that too as a barter system "you scratch my back and i will scratch yours"

It is one thing to message others about a post that you have written as a lot of good posts get lost due to huge numbers; but back-scratching is definitely not cool

Kshitij
Kshitij
from Faridabad
13 years ago

Renie, I say use your 'absolute' power and disqualify them.

Let's set an example. And we all will report any instance of unsporting behavior.

I see about a couple of them in top 10.

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

These are the times when i need the vote down button.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

yeah! i second it

Saurabh Shah
Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@B. Prasanna, Same here. I wonder whether I am taking part to prove my writing skill/imagination or to prove my networking/P.R.ship skillUndecided.

@Aashish, if it becomes MUST to email Indibloggers to request them to read my entry I may do (may be this time only) but would NEVER succumb to 'u scratch my back, I scratch yours'wala offer.Innocent

@K****ij, Yes indeed, it is high time that Rennie and admin should lay down some strict rules for the competition and specify dos and don't dos.Yell

@Mohan, I think it would be a good idea and it will increase the excitement of the competition till the very end! But look at the other side of the coin- we'll have so much animosity in an otherwise quite cohesive group! Tongue out

Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Kh****ij, sorry! Don't know how **** entered in your name. Foot in mouthMy apologies.Embarassed

Saurabh Shah
Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

is this some prank! whenever i am writing K****ij I get ****! How come

Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

क्षितिज, I wrote your name in Hindi. I am still confused why it shows me correctly but uploads with***! One last time: KSHITIJ all caps. AND upper-lower Kshitij. Let's hope this time the server does not goof up.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Smile Saurabh, you posted that seconds after I made the change! Those four letters were a part of our swear word list, which I've now removed.

Kshitij
from Faridabad
13 years ago

hahaha. I am loving it.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Ok, firstly I think Kshitij has suffered enough on this forum - I've removed it from our list of swear words, I don't think his name will get butchered anymore! Sorry dude!

Secondly, am going to send out an email to the ones who are taking the self promotion too far. Especially the "You vote for me, email me, and then I'll vote for you" thing - that's an insult to blogging!  Frown

Thirdly - from the next contest onwards, we will discourage this, on the contest page as well as the email announcement.

Putting restrictions on the system itself is something we need to look into - we shouldn't hamper the user experience of everyone simply to curb the misplaced enthusiasm of a few...

Saurabh Shah
Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

OhI Thank God! I was really embarrassed but now I know the truth!

Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

i.e. the truth abt Kshitij's spelling!

@Renie, Thanks for the quick decision.Smile

Saurabh Shah
Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

There is a question of the relevance of the post to the subject  of the competition. in My Demand contest there are more than 10 entries which are not related to the specified subject. I am sure Renie would look in to this matter as well.

Saurabh Shah
Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

And there is a problem of the relevancy of the subject too. In My Demand Contest there are many entries which are not related to the subject but people are promoting them without reading! I am sure Renie and admin will look at those entries and remove them from the competition and assure us that next time all the posts will be examined for the subject relevance before they are accepted for the competition.

Sowmya
Sowmya
from Chennai, Manama
13 years ago

Renie - I was wondering, what happens to the Vote count if the Indirank changes during the contest - Do the old votes get recalibrated up or down based on the changed Indirank;)?

I know this doesn't happen with regular Indivine posts, but wont this alter the results of contests!

Sowmya

http://www.buzzzstop.com/

1-20
21-21
LockSign in to reply to this thread