Inviting All the Hindi Poets On IndiBlogger

There is a scarcity of Hindi poems for school children (class II onwards) on Internet.  I have personally checked it and seen that small poems of nursery level are available but rest I could not find.

Most of the hindi poets here would not be having a separate section for kids poetry, even I won't like adding kids poems in my serious poetry. How about collectively writing a blog especially having hindi poems for children of different age groups?

I wrote a few of them and have a few from my childhood too. I would like it if you could contribute some children's poems written by you.  Do let me know what do u think about it.  I shall be starting something on it soon.

RESTLESS

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending

I started writing hindi poems when I was in 6th class! I still remember my first self composed poem. do let me know if you have some of your favourite poems of your childhood.

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Poems very scary yaar.... yaad hi nai hoti hai!!!! Surprised

You know Deepak, I still remember this poem by heart, and gave it to my son for his school competition too!  I had been writing in english and hindi for my kids!

that's why I thought of compiling them for others to use them. : )

Rachana Agarwal
Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
13 years ago

Hi Restless,

This is a great idea. I do Hindi poetry...anything that clicks me..however, I would love to write for children...please go through my blog and let me know feedback...here is the url,

http://rachana-myopenspace.blogspot.com

Hi Rachna! thanks for replying!

Just saw ur blog.... let me tell u, I have almost the same way of expression! was so happy to see ur poems!  In fact, two of your poems, boond ki yatra and megh were the one's which can be slightly modified and put in primary kids section of poetry. What say you?

Am really happy to read ur poems Rachana! Thumbs up for u dear!

RESTLESS

Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
13 years ago

Thanks for your good words, Restless!

I want to write new poems for kids. In fact, my mind is already in action. hopefully, you can see fresh nursery rhymes on my blog soon:-)

Rachana

Rachana kept her word and has already posted 2 poems on her blog! good going!

Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
13 years ago

thank you RestlessLaughing

Abhishek Agrawal
from Delhi 9
13 years ago

Tried something at http://diastrophy.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-post.html, hope it doesn't suck Undecided.

Abhishek Agrawal
Abhishek Agrawal
from Delhi 9
13 years ago

Good idea restless. But the poems I wrote in childhood suck real time if I read them now, they are a bit funny though. You start something I'll try my best to contribute.

Hey Abhishek! saw ur blog. Ur poems have youth in it!  I think you can write something for senior classes like motivational poem, value of time, nation and youth.

Sure, I will soon begin it. Watch this space for the link. thanks and I look forward to hear from you!

RESTLESS

Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
13 years ago

Hi Abhishek!

I am really impressed with your passion of writing. Keep writing!

Rachana

Abhishek Agrawal
from Delhi 9
13 years ago

thanks Restless and Rachana, working with you guys will be a learning experience, both of you are far better than me. looking forward to it.............

am glad for us!

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

I think I've written exactly 3 hindi poems in my life - all on the back of my hindi paper, because I always used to get bored and start scribbling after finishing the test too early. 

Anyway, I would love to read some hindi poetry too if someone is writing it (serious or otherwise). 

Hey Sakhi! why don't u share ur childhood poems with me, may be that is what i am looking for. u can send me an indimail or email ( see my blog).  Even if they are in english, do send me. 

ALSO, PLEASE SUGGEST SOME NAME FOR A BLOG FOR CHILDREN'S POEMS, ARTICLES, CARTOONS BY KIDS AS WELL AS ELDERS.

Sakhi, soon i will be starting it. and u can read kiddy poetry there in Hindi, to start with!

RESTLESS

Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Restless, I shall gather some and send them to you (especially the english ones) this weekend...

And what about something like, "Woh kagaz ki kashti..." coz according to me that is an iconic song about childhood. 

Will definitely read your blog once it is up...

Thanks Sakhi.

Nice idea! But you know I was thinking having this kids blog in both english and hindi. as making separate blogs for both languages would be difficult.  Can u suggest some name which suits both english and hindi readers?

Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

This is not mine but I will never forget it. I read it when I was in primary. Unfortunately I don't remember the author. It's on how things change when one gets old:

Kamre beech akeli vridhdha, baithi baithi socha karti;

Koi nahi hai apna sathi, jis se wo pal do pal batiyati;

Samay nahi hai pehle jaisa, mann ko ab bhramaana kaisa..

thanks Gouri for sharing that.  In fact, I was thinking to add a series of those childhood poems, which influenced us deeply, I also have mine.  I like a Ramdhari Singh Dinkar's poem, which was so strong that it is etched on my psyche.

good idea, do search for this poem and pl send me on email or indimail.

RESTLESS

Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago
Restless, I also love some of the poems in my hindi textbooks over the years, like "Pehli bund dhara par aayi..." if you can find that. And if I think of a nice idea for the name I shall indimail you.

OMG Sakhi, even I love this one. will search for it and post that too. 

SO FINALLY, I HAVE CREATED A BLOG FOR CHILDREN'S POETRY, CARTOONS AND ARTICLES/ESSAYS. Its http://bachpantime,blogspot.com

You can contribute your self composed english or hindi poems, i mean kids poems, school going children's poems for this.  Mostly, in our personal blogs, we write serious or grown up stuff, but kids poems are the one's we would not like to put there. I have created this blog for this purpose. u can send me an indimail or email, and i shall publish ur poems their with a write abt u.

thanks

RESTLESS

LockSign in to reply to this thread